• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH this is why I think they wouldn't go through with impeaching both Trump and Pence.

Trump? Sure, no one in power gives a fuck about him, the establishment GOP would have preferred Pence from Day 1.

Getting rid of both of them to install an unelected Democratic president would incite riots I think, or at least a startling number of lone wolves.

Well it depends on how the investigations. If Pence knew about Trump's and his campaign's Russian connections including collaborating , and he tried to keep it under wraps, he will be targeted as well. The GOP probably doesn't want to, but they might have to if it goes very deep.

AL rep:
*idiot.png*
I don't understand this - shouldn't you wait until it is fixed in the bill before voting yes?

ah, that reminds me
FVxlnLC.png

Terry Prattchet's Going Postal, fwiw. Not that The Don ever had an honest face.

To quote Pelosi as "finding common ground with Republicans" is so utterly disingenuous.
Bernie would be "delighted" to work with Trump!
I fully expect Comey to do whatever is best for himself and the republican party.
I can't bring myself to think of Comey as unpatriotic and traitorous. IF Trump has really committed treason, I can't see him looking the other way or covering it up on partisan grounds.
Really don't see how, impeachment proceedings would only require a simple majority in the house but you need 2/3rds majority in the senate to convict/remove. The only way trump gets removed is if a republican house initiates it so that they can keep a republican in the white house (should they also go after Pence for being implicitly involved). Dems in the house can use impeachment as a way to force republicans on the defense because we all know Trump is already guilty on a ton of impeachable offenses just in the conflict of interest arena, but there is no way they will vote him out of office to save face knowing it likely means they will be voting in a democratic house member to replace.
Republicans would force Trump to resign, just as Nixon was.
Pelosi may be the only reason Dems do not take the House. She is the most hated political figure in America right now.
I assume you mean hated by Republicans. I can see Republicans not voting for impeachment no matter how overwhelming the evidence, if it meant Pelosi becoming president.
I don't think she's even the most hated figure in the Democratic party if you factor in people like Joe Mancin who is actively getting primary threats.
Why would a Democrat of any stripe hate Nancy Pelosi? "Bitch gets shit done."

So guys

Why did they used to say "I'VE GOT THE BLUESSSSS", at the end of those Kraft Macaroni and Cheese commercials?

What about mac and cheeses has to do with the blues or even the color blue

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
So guys

Why did they used to say "I'VE GOT THE BLUESSSSS", at the end of those Kraft Macaroni and Cheese commercials?

What about mac and cheeses has to do with the blues or even the color blue
The box was blue bro.

SMH at this post racial I don't see color nonsense.

The box was blue bro.

SMH at this post racial I don't see color nonsense.
You don't eat the box though.

And kraft specifically added food coloring to their cheese to make their mac and cheese yellow. Why focus on the blue of the box and not the color of the food inside you artificially manufactured?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
When it comes to Trump I think what's honestly likely to happen and what it's reasonable to hope for is that some or all of Manafort, Page, and Stone are proven to have been directly colluding with the hackers. Trump himself is never directly implicated but his presidency is forever tarnished.

I think it's fairly likely. There's plenty of evidence that Stone was up to suffering and that he knew the hack was coming

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
You don't eat the box though.

And kraft specifically added food coloring to their cheese to make their mac and cheese yellow. Why focus on the blue of the box and not the color of the food inside you artificially manufactured?
I don't manufacture or market the stuff man. I just feed it to my kid because I am an awful parent.

Chumley

Banned
When it comes to Trump I think what's honestly likely to happen and what it's reasonable to hope for is that some or all of Manafort, Page, and Stone are proven to have been directly colluding with the hackers. Trump himself is never directly implicated but his presidency is forever tarnished.

I think it's fairly likely. There's plenty of evidence that Stone was up to suffering and that he knew the hack was coming

If Trump is never directly implicated we have some fucking incompetent spies and investigators out there. He's guilty as shit. Everyone knows it, and if Nixon wasn't smart enough to cover his tracks there is no way Trump is. There's more smoke around this than there ever was with Watergate.

A day later, I'm still blown away by Mulvaney's press conference. How sick do you have to be to joke about your three kids one minute and then talk about taking food from the elderly and children because there are "no returns".

How do you become that as a person?

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/nancy-pelosi-favorable-rating

Negative spread is worse than Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Trump, and Pence. Only McConnell even comes close at -17.

No one has ever liked Pelosi because she gets shit done (also a woman). The hate for her on the left is the most bizarre thing because she's one of the most liberal members of Congress

She'd be a bad president if it came to that, which it won't. Democrats will do investigations upon investigations and try to beat Trump in 2020 instead.

I think similarly, however the simple fact that his own high level of associates being involved with the Russians makes very unlikely that he didn't know about it or he didn't direct it himself.

I think what might happen is that many of Trump's high level campaign officials will have their ties with the Russians become publicly announced being that the Trump campaign official collaborated with the Russians to hack and undermine the DNC. The ones will likely include Paul Manafort, Carter Page, Roger Stone, possibly Mike Flynn and Jeff Sessions, and perhaps some low level of campaign officials. Of course Trump will be tarnished forever and more than likely throw those people under the bus to protect himself.

The GOP will focus on those campaign officials to to draw the distance from Trump and themselves probably simultaneously distancing themselves, partially placing the blame on Trump, and putting the spotlight on the campaign officials. The GOP will only vote to remove him and publicly denounce him if he is compromised, directly coordinated with the Russians to benefit their foreign policy, and him financially benefiting or was promised by the Russians. However, what would damage him and co would be trying to interfere with investigations, lying under oath, covering it up, and knew the whole thing was going on. That would bring the rest of the administration like Priebus, Pence and Bannon down.

The Trump Campaign collaborating with the Russians might come first as news( anything bigger is way worse) and everything else would follow.

Ogodei

It's more a problem of Democrats liking to eat their own. She probably has weak favorability among Dems because as far as we're concerned, she's been useless since 2011 (through no fault of her own).

It's more a problem of Democrats liking to eat their own. She probably has weak favorability among Dems because as far as we're concerned, she's been useless since 2011 (through no fault of her own).

Basically. The right hates her for obvious reasons, centrists hate her because she's very liberal, and the left hates her because she's part of the "establishment." Which basically leaves left of center "establishment" Democrats.

I'm glad that I have my answers but also angry that I apparently have a terrible memory

The blue box blues being the actually line is blowing my mind right now

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
If Trump is never directly implicated we have some fucking incompetent spies and investigators out there. He's guilty as shit. Everyone knows it, and if Nixon wasn't smart enough to cover his tracks there is no way Trump is. There's more smoke around this than there ever was with Watergate.

As much as I want that to be true I have not heard of or seen anything substantive actually linking Trump himself directly to it.

Chumley

Banned
As much as I want that to be true I have not heard of or seen anything substantive actually linking Trump himself directly to it.

You think Flynn and Sessions just decided to reach out to Russia and lie about it all on their own? You think Trump is nicer to Putin than literally everyone except his own family out of some altruistic desire to repair relationships between our countries?

KingK

Yeah, and she's not the best speaker in interviews. But as someone who did not like Clinton, I really like (or at least appreciate) Pelosi. She's effective at wrangling House democrats around some pretty progressive shit. The house was never the problem when Dems had majorities. She got shit done.

Most likely and something I forgot to mention is that Trump did not directly linked himself with the Russians; besides at best a few calls and meetings( Trump saying he never been to, or called Russians is likely technically true when it comes to the campaign) he used middlemen and campaign officials.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, and she's not the best speaker in interviews. But as someone who did not like Clinton, I really like (or at least appreciate) Pelosi. She's effective at wrangling House democrats around some pretty progressive shit. The house was never the problem when Dems had majorities. She got shit done.

The issue was always more how the Senate is set up. In the Senate you can only go as extreme as your deciding vote. It gives centrists in the Senate a huge amount of power and that's by design.

Getting out of bed makes him tired.

B-Dubs said:
The issue was always more how the Senate is set up. In the Senate you can only go as extreme as your deciding vote. It gives centrists in the Senate a huge amount of power and that's by design.
I mean this is true in the House too (only as extreme as the 218th vote), but House members feel more... anonymous? Being 1 out of 435 dilutes your voting power and I think the two-year terms plus regional representation make it harder to identify personalities. Just now in the Senate you have John McCain, Bernie Sanders, Rand Paul etc. - all big names who have some clout in the media, even before they ran for president.

Blader

So re: handshake-gate

Seems like most people believe that Trump deliberately snubbed Merkel. But does anyone else think he flat out did not hear her or process the handshake remark at all? He always looks to me like he's never paying attention in that setting, whether it was Obama joking with him about the press and Trump's responses being completely unrelated to what he was saying or Abe telling him not to look at him but look at the press and trump not getting it at all.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

Seems like most people believe that Trump deliberately snubbed Merkel. But does anyone else think he flat out did not hear her or process the handshake remark at all? He always looks to me like he's never paying attention in that setting, whether it was Obama joking with him about the press and Trump's responses being completely unrelated to what he was saying or Abe telling him not to look at him but look at the press and trump not getting it at all.

Given the body language, I think it is a distinct possibility he missed the multiple requests entirely. Even if that's the case, that's still not a good look though.

chadskin

The last 48 hours in foreign relations:
- Spicer made false accusations against the British GCHQ
- Trump falsely accused Germany of owing money to the US for its defense
- Trump paid tribute to Ireland a day before St. Patricks Day with a "very famous" proverb, which no Irish has ever heard of because it's actually a poem written by a Nigerian blogger
- Tillerson blamed South Korean officials for putting out a falsehood that he was too tired to attend a dinner

Good going.

- Trump paid tribute to Ireland a day before St. Patricks Day with a "very famous" proverb, which no Irish has ever heard of because it's actually a poem written by a Nigerian blogger
- Tillerson blamed South Korean officials for putting out a falsehood that he was too tired to attend a dinner

Good going.

And the republicans wont say a god damn thing about it.

Blader

Ha, I missed this one. And ironically, something that he could have easily been prevented from getting out in the first place if he had brought along U.S. reporters! That's the risk you run when you restrict access to your own press: you let foreign governments and press define your trip abroad for you.

Good going.

The poem predates the Nigerian blogger, iirc.

I think I read something about it being in some white supremacist rag in the 60s.

royalan

But how on earth is this at all believable given the number of people Trump has met in this room whose hands he eagerly shook?

You meet a foreign leader in the WH, you shake their hand. Trump knows that.

I think it underscores how completely ignorant he is of even the simplest political protocols. There are so many details, so many bits of ceremony and theatre (some important some trivial) that he misses. Most of those ceremonies exist for a very good reason. They protect egos and normalize expectations. Both are obviously important things at this level.

I think he constantly fucks up because the moment is always too big for him. He was so confused and outmatched at a fucking photo-op that he couldn't process what someone 2 feet from him was saying, multiple times. This is a President that is going to figure out a way to fuck up pardoning a fucking turkey. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving to see how he does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom