• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT5| Zenophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezodagrom

Talking about outfits, wonder when Goku is gonna start using his end of Z blue outfit (though I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot it even existed).

NZerker12

Wait if the fate of the Universe is on the line, why don't they revive some of the villains such as Frieza, Dabura and Cell. I doubt they would try and double cross the others with Beerus there plus if they don't fight seriously not only will they die they will be completely erased from existanse due to Otherworld being part of the Universe.

Are they seriously going to destroy 11 universes? :/

Also introducing all the Gods of Destruction seems kinda pointless if they aren't participants. (Unless they are.)

Real Hero

Also introducing all the Gods of Destruction seems kinda pointless if they aren't participants. (Unless they are.)

Why? They are clearly all going to summoned to Zeno. It would be strange not to see them at this point

NeonZ

I'm pretty sure this tournament won't get to the ending. There's no way the main cast will just be fine with surviving by destroying other universes. The teaser clearly makes the Grand Priest seem like a villain too with those creepy camera angles used for him.

In fact, maybe the Gods of Destruction will face him, which would give them battle scenes.

Edit: Also, now the title of the next ending theme seems to be very relevant "An Evil Angel And A Righteous Devil".

HeroR

I'm pretty sure this tournament won't get to the ending. There's no way the main cast will just be fine with surviving by destroying other universes. The teaser clearly makes the Grand Priest seem like a villain too with those creepy camera angles used for him.

In fact, maybe the Gods of Destruction will face him, which would give them battle scenes.

Edit: Also, now the title of the next ending theme seems to be very relevant "An Evil Angel And A Righteous Devil".

This happens every arc though. First people thought Whis was going to betray Beerus. Then everyone thought Vados was the main villain of the Champa Saga. Fans just seem to want Whis' family to be villainous.

Tsunamo

The biggest question on my mind now is where do we go from this arc? How does one up up the stakes further than a tournament involving every current universe with them losing meaning destruction? How does one go futher than that? Perhaps maybe we'll finally get a close to end of z timeskip, or just some stuff involving another universe like with Future Trunks arc.

I know Toriyama will find a way but i'm really really curious what the arc after this will entail.
This happens every arc though. First people thought Whis was going to betray Beerus. Then everyone thought Vados was the main villain of the Champa Saga. Fans just seem to want Whis' family to be villainous.
Yeah I don't think it'll happen personally. He'll probably just be another Whis/Vados type and do Zenos bidding.

NeonZ

This time we have those creepy angles in the manga pannels, him taking a central position in the anime promotional image for the arc and even the basic fact that he's going along with a game that's going to destroy universes and smiling about it. The arc's image highlighting him rather than some random fighter from another universe heavily suggests that he's going to be the key this time, not just a background figure.

The other times it was pure speculation, often based on the expectation that the U6 arc would lead straight into a new arc without breaks. Vados was never actually pushed in a similar way.

FStubbs

IF he's as strong as Whis says he is, he'll rotflstomp Beerus, Champa, and anyone on their level. Though Whis did mention 4 others of comparable strength which I assume we haven't seen yet.

The biggest question on my mind now is where do we go from this arc? How does one up up the stakes further than a tournament involving every current universe with them losing meaning destruction? How does one go futher than that? Perhaps maybe we'll finally get a close to end of z timeskip, or just some stuff involving another universe like with Future Trunks arc.

I know Toriyama will find a way but i'm really really curious what the arc after this will entail.

There could always still be more powerful fighters out there who didn't enter the tournament for whatever reason.

Especially evil ones or dead ones. In the U6-U7 tournament I was really hoping Golden Frieza would get to participate because he definitely IS one of the strongest people in U7, but in the end they only selected good, living fighters, and it seems it's the same this time around.

Also, if the other Gods of Destructions don't fight and somehow survive this arc, that will also leave room for them in later arcs.

J4g3r

m4PIik6.png
!

DragonBallSuper-Episode11-Omake-6.gif

GOHAN'S TIME HAS COME!

HeroR

This time we have those creepy angles in the manga pannels, him taking a central position in the anime promotional image for the arc and even the basic fact that he's going along with a game that's going to destroy universes and smiling about it. The arc's image highlighting him rather than some random fighter from another universe heavily suggests that he's going to be the key this time, not just a background figure.

Vados was also portrayed as more evil in the manga. The same with Champa.

There could always still be more powerful fighters out there who didn't enter the tournament for whatever reason.

Especially evil ones or dead ones. In the U6-U7 tournament I was really hoping Golden Frieza would get to participate because he definitely IS one of the strongest people in U7, but in the end they only selected good, living fighters, and it seems it's the same this time around.

Also, if the other Gods of Destructions don't fight and somehow survive this arc, that will also leave room for them in later arcs.

The Gods of Destruction do have standards. Both Beerus and Champa were utterly disgusted by Frost to the point that Champa wanted to kill him on the spot. Beerus even wanted to kill Frieza for being an evil scumbag. Beerus also hated Black and considered killing Zamasu just on the bases that he may become Black, and that's before he learned that he killed any gods.

NeonZ

Vados was also portrayed as more evil in the manga. The same with Champa.

They also seemed pretty creepy in their first scene in the anime, right after BoGs, but, yes, their original goal (which seemed to end up completely forgotten) was portrayed with a darker tone in the manga. Still, in that case it was an unknown goal and none of the promotional material pushed Vados as the key figure of the arc. So, it was all just speculation.

This time we have the Grand Priest openly smiling while doing something pretty bad and the anime's promotional artwork featuring him as a key figure. It's not speculation about him doing something bad. He's clearly doing it. It's speculation about the other characters reacting to it.

Baleoce

Would love to see Gohan bust out the Mystic/kai outfit for a fight, but yeah, having him there at all is good enough.

Good to see some humans in the mix as well. Interested to see what direction this arc goes in.

HeroR

They also seemed pretty creepy in their first scene in the anime, right after BoGs, but, yes, their original goal (which seemed to end up completely forgotten) was portrayed with a darker tone in the manga. Still, in that case it was an unknown goal and none of the promotional material pushed Vados as the key figure of the arc. So, it was all just speculation.

This time we have the Grand Priest openly smiling while doing something pretty bad and the anime's promotional artwork featuring him as a key figure. It's not speculation about him doing something bad. He's clearly doing it. It's speculation about the other characters reacting to it.

He's only doing 'something bad' on Zen'o orders. The same with Vados with Champa.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Gohan's in his worst outfit too. :/

Although I should just be happy he's there at all.
Seriously, he always looks his best in his picccolo gi, having him fighting *in his dads gi at the end of z is a novel idea, but piccolo defined him and his training more than goku did

FrigidEh

Everything sounds good so far but I feel it's a missed opportunity to not visit other universes first and push this tournament waaay back.

Where do we go from a universe destroying tournament?

HeroR

Seriously, he always looks his best in his picccolo gi, having him fighting *in his dads gi at the end of z is a novel idea, but piccolo defined him and his training more than goku did

Goku trained Gohan for the same length of time as Piccolo if we don't count Super.

Piccolo trained him for six months, he dumped him in the wilderness for the first six. He then trained Gohan for three years with Goku to prepare for the androids.

Goku trained Gohan for a year, made him go Super Saiyan, and eventually unlocked Super Saiyan 2.

Goku trained Gohan for the same length of time as Piccolo if we don't count Super.

Piccolo trained him for six months, he dumped him in the wilderness for the first six. He then trained Gohan for three years with Goku to prepare for the androids.

Goku trained Gohan for a year, made him go Super Saiyan, and eventually unlocked Super Saiyan 2.

Goku wasn't wearing the same gi for all that time though. In the Hyperbolic Chamber he was wearing Saiyan armor.

(Lol it would be ironic if adult Gohan chose to wear an outfit which is more associated with Vegeta)

HeroR

Goku wasn't wearing the same gi for all that time though. In the Hyperbolic Chamber he was wearing Saiyan armor.

(Lol it would be ironic if adult Gohan chose to wear an outfit which is more associated with Vegeta)

Yeah, he wore it for training and never did it again because as Goku put it, 'he wants to fight as an Earthling'.

And Goku's gi was almost the same except for the symbol and then no symbol.

Baleoce

Would seem somewhat odd. Dragon ball has always been about the great unknown and exceeding boundaries to some extent. Super expanded on that by opening up the reality of multiple universes. So for them to do an arc where the stakes could be that only 1 survives, I mean it might be in the plot, but it'd almost certainly be a red herring.

Here's the top 20 for the DB Forever poll for those curious:

1. Goku
  2. Vegeta
  3. Gohan
  4. Trunks
  5. Piccolo
  6. Goten
  7. Krillin
  8. Majin Buu
  9. Frieza
  10. Android 18
  11. Mr. Satan
  12. Korin
  13. Master Roshi
  14. Cell
  15. Yamcha
  16. Tien Shinhan
  17. Bulma
  18. Android 17
  19. Yajirobe
  20. Videl

It's a testament to Gohan's popularity. The fact that he can lose a lot of fans [although he has a niche supporting of Saiyaman Period] and still be #3 is quite something.

Tourney will go every universe gets destroyed but one. That last universe gets one wish from zenos, they'll ask him to bring back the ither universes. Done and done.

NandoGip

Here's the top 20 for the DB Forever poll for those curious:

1. Goku
  2. Vegeta
  3. Gohan
  4. Trunks
  5. Piccolo
  6. Goten
  7. Krillin
  8. Majin Buu
  9. Frieza
  10. Android 18
  11. Mr. Satan
  12. Korin
  13. Master Roshi
  14. Cell
  15. Yamcha
  16. Tien Shinhan
  17. Bulma
  18. Android 17
  19. Yajirobe
  20. Videl

This is 10+ years old. They should redo it

Tsunamo

I finally started the Goku Black arc on the manga and caughtup. The gag with Beerus and everyone thinking Kibito was Goku Black was pretty funny. I'd suspect they'll wrap it up in Janurary.

The other times it was pure speculation, often based on the expectation that the U6 arc would lead straight into a new arc without breaks. Vados was never actually pushed in a similar way.
I wouldn't look too much into the promoart. We had something similar with Whis in the Battle of Gods poster.

dragon-ball-z-battle-of-gods-poster.jpg

Yeah those are some possibilitys. I still don't think the scale will be bigger than this personally, but Toriyama always finds a way to suprise me. The Freeza thing has been bought up by people since the original tournament so it's a shame we'll never see him in an environment where he has to try to at least work together with Goku and Vegeta.

NeonZ

I wouldn't look too much into the promoart. We had something similar with Whis in the Battle of Gods poster.

I don't think that's really the same. Whis is technically in the center, but he's very small, and the focus is clearly on Goku vs Beerus, matching the movie. The new promo image doesn't highlight any potential rival in the tournament, only Whis' father and the two Zen'o.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom