• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mozilla (I mean Moz://a) launches new brand identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

fZVrAi7g.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuLWXHgyEVw

uh boy

Biske

This is like when hip young parents want to give their kid a name but are afraid its not hip and unique enough

so you get like Sha-Auhn instead of Sean or Shaun.

://

I can imagine the suits going around now saying, who the hell didn't see the skeptical emoticon!

edit: holy hell they really lean into it too

Watch_Dogs //3 viral marketing?
Seriously though, you guys are over dramatic. I think the projects they're working on are cool, video is whatever, just a bit lame.

Remember when everyone on the TV and radio felt that they had to say colon forward slash forward slash every time they talked about anything related to a website. No, nobody remembers, take your medicine and go back to sleep grandma, all your peers are dead.

neemmss

Actual graphic and logo designers seem to like it and so do I.

Overall, it's amazing that this open process that actively requested and implemented feedback from hundreds of people led to a logo that not only DOESN'T suck but one that has a strong idea, a fresh execution, a promising flexibility, and, that all of it together, sometimes subtly and sometimes overtly, manages to communicate what Mozilla is about. Power to the peop/e!

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_for_mozilla_by_johnson_banks.php

Fits the current state of their bloated memory hog browser. Switched to Chrome and never looked back.

:/

:lol

Davidion

Sure the logo work is nice, but it feels couple of decades out of date.

Do any consumers actually associate :// with anything? There's a part of this that absolutely screams cleverness for its own sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom