• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Kibbles

Frankie said "fans won't be disappointed" when talking about Halo Fourge. Shit's going to BLOW YOUR FUCKING MIND.

L7eBM.gif

It better!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Some of the questions in this Game Informer questions are pretty dumb, "WILL THERE BE EASTER EGGS?!" no shit bro

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Frankie said "fans won't be disappointed" when talking about Halo Fourge. Shit's going to BLOW YOUR FUCKING MIND.
Can it forge dedicated servers? That way they can be placed on the map and MP can have dedi's.
Some of the questions in this Game Informer questions are pretty dumb, "WILL THERE BE EASTER EGGS?!" no shit bro
Well when all the good questions get the "we can't talk about it yet but we're excited to talk about it at a later date of our choosing" you're stuck with shitty questions.

Homeboyd

Shishka's been workin hard on it. Gun b good.

IIRC, he said "it will not be sad news". [/nitpick] (Unless you are thinking of something else, in which case, never mind.)
I recall the "won't be disappointed" line somewhere.. was reeeeeeally hoping you weren't going to make me find it. I may be wrong though.

*dammit*

Tashi

IIRC, he said "it will not be sad news". [/nitpick] (Unless you are thinking of something else, in which case, never mind.)

It's going to have color and different textures optional and people are going to shit themselves.

And I guess you're right Plywood. I can't wait til this game gets blown open.

zap

I played Firefight Limited NEP in Doubles on Holdout yesterday after hearing on GAF that it was crazy hard and almost impossible.

I am disappoint, it was pretty fun with Heretic Elites - a decent challenge but nothing crazy (Oh, except I did get no-scoped a couple of times, which was pretty funny).

Was it already changed? If not, why is it going to be changed? I thought that it made it a lot more enjoyable.

Homeboyd

By chance, have any of you guys come across any great community Invasion maps out there? Please speak up (quickly) if you have.

Thanks

Trey

I don't want a suped-up barebones Halo. Would rather 343 remake an older Halo on XBLA and still give us Halo 4 if they really must scratch that itch. I don't need them to re-grease the same hamster wheel, no matter how fun it was to run on it back in the day.

So, I had been working on a logo for Tashi's Podcast, but got side-tracked. I remembered about it today and finished it. I know I'm super late and he already chose the logo, but I thought I'd just post it anyway to at least get some feedback. Not huge on creating logos or anything.

Anyway, it's huge so I'm just gonna link it: http://i.imgur.com/0OUQj.png

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So, I had been working on a logo for Tashi's Podcast, but got side-tracked. I remembered about it today and finished it. I know I'm super late and he already chose the logo, but I thought I'd just post it anyway to at least get some feedback. Not huge on creating logos or anything.

Hah, should have used the old Reach Recon helmet before they flipped the head plate around and turned that into the antenna. :p

Tashi

Shit that's really good. Sorry that I had to rush it along and couldn't include your submission in the vote

Needs AA, but otherwise I like it. Maybe something more interesting in the background. It just reminds me of forge in its current form.

I made it with Paint.NET, so I don't think there's a way to avoid the aliasing haha.

Also, just wanted to make it simple.

Shit that's really good. Sorry that I had to rush it along and couldn't include your submission in the vote

It's all good. I knew I would never get it done in time anyway, but I got so far into it I just decided to finish it. Perhaps someone can edit it for their own podcast. ;)

El_Chino

Calendar 2012 of Awesome

5/15 Max Payne 3 & Diablo 3

5/22 - Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

6/5-7 E3

6/8 Prometheus

7/20 Dark Knight Rises

8/31-9/2 PAX

9/4 Far Cry 3

9/18 Borderlands 2

10/2 Resident Evil 6

10/16 Bioshock Infinite

10/30 Assassins Creed 3

11/6 Halo 4

11/9 Skyfall

Added a couple of things.

Bombadil

Banned
As far as Forge goes, would be nice to have some lighting on pieces, more color/texture/options to not make everything so bland. Terrain modification would be cool as well. I expect it to improve, but to the level of something like Trials that gives you scripting options and Far Cry which lets you do... amazing things?

Maybe not. But whatever.

This.

Forge building blocks were all the same color. And Bungie's decision to use Forge World for some of their smaller maps like "The Cage" was a really stupid idea. Didn't they notice how low-res the rockface was? And overall, the maps in Reach sucked compared to those in Halo 3.

Guardian
Narrows
Last Resort
High Ground
The Pit
Boundless/Snowbound
Construct
Standoff
Sandtrap
Rat's Nest
Valhalla

Those were all god-tier maps with excellent color and architectural style variations.

It was such a shame to see this in Reach:
Bpardwalk
boardwalk-halo-reach-maps-2.jpg

The Cage
the-cage-halo-reach-maps.jpg

Countdown
countdown-halo-reach-maps.jpg

Swordbase
HaloReach_-_Sword_Base.jpg

Anchor 9
Halo_Reach_NobleDLC_Anchor9_01.jpg

A blur of drab gray interspersed with some colorful maps like Reflection.

I'm hoping Halo 4 will have varying color schemes and lighting hues.

daedalius

Podcast wasn't that bad, worth it for the music at the start and the end alone almost.

Everything in there seemed fine, although I may not have been paying the best attention since I was finishing up some comps for a commission.

Watch me now, I'm limpin' around
Stamping ground, like a mule
A foot, a leg
An elephant's parade.
You seem to think that I look foolish

I feel stupid when I'm dancin'
No I can't dance as cool as you
I just feel stupid when I'm dancin'
Like a psychopathic fool

Like a lemur,
A fuzzy little dreamer
I strut around with easy steps

Like a psychopathic fool

(Can I be,)
A frowny clown,
A leopard in town,
I traipse around like a cow
You look at me,
Tell me to take it easy
But there's no way to stop me now

Now I can dance as cool as you
Like a psychopathic fool

Like a psychopathic fool

Other than Halo 4, Assassin's Creed III, and Resident Evil 6, nothing coming out this year has me hyped. I'm sure some surprise Wii U and 3DS games will be cool, but other than that I'm not all that excited about upcoming games this year.

You're right, just not enough resources. If only they were wholly-owned by one of the largest companies in the world, a company that specialized in programming, technology, software, and networking.

Something else here strikes a nerve with me. I don't want to see Forgeworld because I don't want to see user created content in a AAA title. Maybe thats just me.

Even the on-disc Bungie forge maps felt like user content.

Pinnacle remains one of the worst maps I've ever played.. I'm sure I'm not making whoever put that together feel bad, because it could not have taken them very long to generate it.

Sanctuary wasn't even symmetrical from one side to the other, and it was another remake. The Cage was still a work-in-progress. Hemorrhage was an empty space with pre-fab bases on either end. Somebody stop me!

So, I can't say I'm excited that Forgeworld is coming back for H4.

Calendar 2012 of Awesome

5/15 Max Payne 3 & Diablo 3

6/5-7 E3

6/8 Prometheus

7/20 Dark Knight Rises

8/31-9/2 PAX

9/4 Far Cry 3

9/18 Borderlands 2

10/16 Bioshock Infinite

10/30 Assassins Creed 3

11/6 Halo 4

11/7 Halo fans go back to Reach

11/8 Halo fans go back to Halo 3

11/9 Halo fans stop playing Halo

11/9 Skyfall

fixed lol
kidding btw

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just played Pulse, one of the new forge maps. It's actually kinda good!

Would dedis improve co-op performance?

Spartan Ops better not be lahhy as fuck, that's why I barely play Firefight :(

Forge better get a HUGE overhaul, if there's no terrain editing I'll stab my testicles.

Top Bottom