• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Pokken Pro Pad Now Works on Switch With Any Game, $10.97 on Gamestop.com

molnizzle

Tempted to get this... but wondering if I need it when I already have two 8bitdo SFC30's. I was planning on just playing Pokken with one of those. lol

I'm sorry but what is this about the disappointing d-pad on the Switch Pro Controller?? I think it's a great d-pad.

It seems like it's user error in my experience.

The switch pro d pad is meant to be used to tap a direction and release.

If you use it to slide your thumb around the dpad while keeping even pressure, it gets all kinds of extra inputs.

OnPoint

Would this work in portable mode with a USB-A to C adapter, like this one?

VIr7Wob.jpg

Anyone?

bought. if the diagonals suck, ill just return them. that gives me

4 joycon
1 pro control
2 8bitdo SNES controllers
2 pokken pads

im set for ANY party games for the Switch for a long time.

also big thanks to OP and the SAVER promo code person. i wanted to read some reviews about the controller with hand size and what not and it looks like all the major game news site caught on to this about an hour ago. so these things are bound to be out of stock soon.

thanks again.

Joey Ravn

Banned
OK, you convinced me. I'll get one, even though I don't really need one, just to be on the safe side... should I ever need one.

I've moved from collecting software in my backlog to collecting hardware. Nice.

Help me.

M3d10n

Did anyone test other non-XInput USB gamepads with the new firmware to see if they work? We could potentially have a PS3 situation here, which would be awesome.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
YESSSSSSSSS

SO FUCKING GOOD

SO FUCKING THANK YOU

SO FUCKING BOUGHT!
Since I noticed your bolding in the op, I guess you'd be a right person to ask: what's wrong with the joy-con's d-pad in P. P. Tetris?

Thanks in advance and sorry about the hijack.

fernoca

Oh, forgot about that!

Just tried with the adapter that came with my S8 and yep!!

Did anyone test other non-XInput USB gamepads with the new firmware to see if they work? We could potentially have a PS3 situation here, which would be awesome.
Tried PS4 and XBO USB controllers (third party) and they didn't.

Mr. Hyde

I have the newest hori fight commander which has PS3, PS4 and PC options. I might try to see if it works.

I'm sorry but what is this about the disappointing d-pad on the Switch Pro Controller?? I think it's a great d-pad.

The d-pad on some controllers is overly sensitive when it comes to quick movement and it may register rapid or right left pressing as a diagonal or an up command. This is notable in games like Zelda where d-pad up opens one part of the item menu while the other two open up different menus. Also in Puyo Puyo Tetris when you play the tetris portion you might accidentally trigger an up-command to make the block instantly go down instead of just moving to a side.

Considering that the controllers themselves can update as confirmed by this firmware, I wonder if they can fix it through another firmware update.

Jazzem

This is great as it suggests there's a standardised wired controller input for Switch! As opposed to the Wii U's odd one off propriety cases, namely this pad and the GC controllers only working for Pokkén and Smash respectively.

Ordered a Pokkén controller, £17 off Amazon UK. Is it fairly easy to get working on PC?

Cuburt

Wonder if any other USB controllers work.

I tried an Xbox 360 wired controller and a Logitech USB controller but neither worked.

Koppai

I remember seeing it in a topic recently so I found a gamestop that had the pikachu controller and snatches it up. Fuck shipping lol.

Top Bottom