• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 10 Store |OT| Games for Windows

Open a Command Prompt as Administrator.

Type in the following command and then press enter:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

If corruptions are found run this command:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn898551(v=vs.85).aspx
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7808-dism-repair-windows-10-image.html

You may also try running this command to see if any further issues are found:

sfc /scannow

If DISM or SFC are able to repair the corruptions restart the computer and try again. If DISM or SFC find corruptions but cannot repair them Windows will need to be reinstalled (though you can do an in-place upgrade...)

Thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully they'll succeed. ;)

OK so I have all 112 xbox-enabled Windows 8/10 titles so am kind of invested in the platform. But found this today:

uvQevHG.png

I paid full price for it at release ($6.99) and now can't play it or download it from history. Completely delisted.

:(

I've tweeted Phil Spencer about it:

awOvfSO.png

holygeesus

Banned
Don't think so. I remember when I looked into where/how it installed games before I couldn't even access the folder.

This is worth bearing in mind as it can be a major ball-ache if you want to manipulate the folder at a later date, because, simply put, you can't. You can't even change file permissions once it has been set as a storage drive so you are stuck with a folder that is non-deletable.

Anarkin

Here are a few more games that are coming to Windows 10.

Game 4
Ashen
Pillars of Eternity
Divinity: Original Sin
This War of Mine
Wasteland 2
The Long Dark
Shovel Knight

and more...

Video is almost a year old, so who knows if it's still relevant.

iNvid02

OK so I have all 112 xbox-enabled Windows 8/10 titles so am kind of invested in the platform. But found this today:

I paid full price for it at release ($6.99) and now can't play it or download it from history. Completely delisted.

awOvfSO.png

I mean shit happens (licensing issues etc) but you don't take away access from the people who already paid for the game.

just one more reason to be wary

edit: your avatar has brought about an impulse purchase, a delicious one, thanks!

I mean shit happens (licensing issues etc) but you don't take away access from the people who already paid for the game.

just one more reason to be wary

edit: your avatar has brought about an impulse purchase, a delicious one, thanks!

That was the last confirmation I needed. Microsoft definitely seems to believe they shouldn't provide a warranty for your delisted downloads.

Sky Chief

How much do you guys think I can sell my 500gb Xbone with no Kinect for in the BST thread? I've maybe played 50-100 hours on it and it's in perfect condition.

Sydle

After taking a closer look at it there aren't very many ways to sort and filter. For games specifically, I'd prefer filters such as genre, date released, and average rating. Maybe some way to tell the difference between a racing game, for example, meant for a phone and one meant for a TV, so maybe by screen size? I like the tags that Steam has, so that too.

Additionally, they must enable the ability to download games I've purchased. I get that some games get delisted and can't be bought any more, but for people who have already bought it they should be allowed to re-download anytime they want, or get a full refund.

FX-GMC

That was the last confirmation I needed. Microsoft definitely seems to believe they shouldn't provide a warranty for your delisted downloads.

Is it not possible that it was out of their hands? Can you still download games that are delisted from PSN?
http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_delisted_PSN_games
Here we have Apple doing it
Now, a spokesperson for Apple has explained to PG that "if [developers] remove their apps from the store, they cannot be redownloaded until the app has been resubmitted to the App Store".

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/App+Store/news.asp?c=67816

More Examples: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/syst...ping-like-flies-from-digital-stores-31777649/

Apparently it happens on many digital stores and isn't exclusive to Microsoft. Surprise, surprise.

I think it would be much better if they made an Xbox store for all the games, instead of the Windows store. In fact, roll the Xbox App and games store into one. Leave the Windows store to regular apps.

Xbox is the gaming division after all.

awOvfSO.png

Uh, fuck. Maybe I won't buy Quantum Break on PC then. I forgot about those Android apps I bought that I can't download anymore. It would make me piss flames if my access for a $60 purchase was removed.

FX-GMC

Oh my bad, I didn't realise SonyToo was an appropriate response in a topic about a PC based storefront. I mistakenly assumed other PC based storefronts should be the benchmark.

Steam is obviously the benchmark. Steam is the best digital games store/library PC has. This isn't news. I was looking for other examples of stores that do what I was quoting.

Stop trying to make my discussion fit your narrative.

awOvfSO.png

Can you go into your purchase history and download it again?

Salty Hippo

Is there a way to add money to my account and buy games using that credit? I can't find any option for buying games other than using my credit card directly. I don't want to do that.

Is it not possible that it was out of their hands? Can you still download games that are delisted from PSN?
http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_delisted_PSN_games
Here we have Apple doing it

More Examples: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/syst...ping-like-flies-from-digital-stores-31777649/

Apparently it happens on many digital stores and isn't exclusive to Microsoft. Surprise, surprise.

You can download games delisted from Steam. Surprise, surprise. And I think you can also download delisted games from PSN too.

FX-GMC

You can download games delisted from Steam. Surprise, surprise. And I think you can also download delisted games from PSN too.

As I said above....(why can't people read anymore?)

Steam is obviously the benchmark. Steam is the best digital games store/library PC has. This isn't news. I was looking for other examples of stores that do what I was quoting.

Stop trying to make my discussion fit your narrative.

For the last time, I KNOW YOU CAN DOWNLOAD DELISTED GAMES FROM STEAM! I want to know what stores don't allow you to do this. I confirmed that Apple and Microsoft don't. I don't know about Sony/PSN. Hence the question I was asking "Can you still download games that are delisted from PSN?". "I think" doesn't help me.

Too many eager beavers in MS threads.

Bizzquik

Great idea for a topic. Let's track this stuff and update the first post with relevant statements and updates, etc.

Let's keep 'em honest, GAF. good work.

JaggedSac

Great idea for a topic. Let's track this stuff and update the first post with relevant statements and updates, etc.

Let's keep 'em honest, GAF. good work.

The performance of Gears sounds like a real shitshow and their feet certainly need to be kept to the fire on that. And this download issue. Unacceptable for an initial couple months on this stuff. Ridiculous.

Sydle

Is there a way to add money to my account and buy games using that credit? I can't find any option for buying games other than using my credit card directly. I don't want to do that.

Buy Windows or Xbox credit, or use PayPal.

You can add PayPal to your payment methods through your MS account.

Nzyme32

awOvfSO.png

I mean, I thought this might happen, but I did not expect to see this happen this quickly. Yeah, red flag there. Let us know what happens

Hasney

As I said above....(why can't people read anymore?)

For the last time, I KNOW YOU CAN DOWNLOAD DELISTED GAMES FROM STEAM! I want to know what stores don't allow you to do this. I confirmed that Apple and Microsoft don't. I don't know about Sony/PSN. Hence the question I was asking "Can you still download games that are delisted from PSN?". "I think" doesn't help me.

I can still download Double Dragon on 360 despite being delisted years ago, so MS do when it suits them.

EDIT: Can also re-download Ourun Online Arcade on 360 and PS3.

Worst thing is that I doubt BlazBlue would be stopped from being from being downloaded by license issues. The game is still freely purchasable on Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

With all due respect, it's totally inappropriate for you to hijack someone offering a measured, reasonable complaint that affects them personally by replying with "Well anyway other people do it too why are people complaining about Microsoft people are insufficiently pro Microsoft". This is baffling.

The thread was created yesterday and lasted fewer than 12 hours before we had to lock it to delete a personal and angry derail and ban posters. Me posting this is the second time in two days a moderator has to intervene. This is a problem. If people can't discuss this subject freely--which, yes, includes people being able to bring up issues with the service (like people do in every other thread about various console stores and services) then there won't be a thread anymore.

Salty Hippo

Buy Windows or Xbox credit, or use PayPal.

You can add PayPal to your payment methods through your MS account.

Unfortunately Microsoft doesn't offer a Paypal option for my country (Brazil).

The purchase of credit is done at the Windows Store itself? All I can see there is an option to redeem codes, not actually buy credit. Maybe they block my country for that too.

Between that stuff and the prices they're practicing in BRL (about twice as much as the norm for Steam) looks like Microsoft really doesn't want my money.

Edit: I found the option to buy credit, should have searched more.

I wonder if it's possible to use this credit with another region/currency?

Sydle

Unfortunately Microsoft doesn't offer a Paypal option for my country (Brazil).

The purchase of credit is done at the Windows Store itself? All I can see there is an option to redeem codes, not actually buy credit. Maybe they block my country for that too.

Between that stuff and the prices they're practicing in BRL (about twice as much as the norm for Steam) looks like Microsoft really doesn't want my money.

Yeah, go to the Windows Store and search Windows Store credit. Alternatively, I think there is an offer from someone in the B/S/T thread offering discounts on Windows/Xbox credit of any size (e.g., $100 Windows Store credit for $85). I have no idea what the regional restrictions are, so careful.

uvQevHG.png

awOvfSO.png

Well, that's something.

Should we make another thread for this discussion?
From what I've read so far, we can still download delisted games on XBox and PSN store. Is it a unique circumstance for that game only, or every Windows Store games will face the same fate later?

Nocturno999

OK so I have all 112 xbox-enabled Windows 8/10 titles so am kind of invested in the platform. But found this today:...

Very good tweets. I got burned with Gears of War for GFWL.

I'll just stand by and see how this store develops before thinking about buying anything from them.

iNvid02

title should have been

Windows 10 Store |OT| Where Games for Windows Live

yeeeeaaahhhh, proof the best ideas arise mildly intoxicatd at 2am awe yeaahgh

Top Bottom