• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT16| The Last Thread🛈

shira

Faker advances to Worlds Final again
96toD_.gif

new hero's aside, the ping wheel, turbo mode and new AA model are all wonderful also. I kinda regret on not getting the Jug set now with the voice pack. but oh well, hopefully I can buy it or something later if I want to.

out of the 2, I'm definitely going to try Dark Willow first. seems very useful in a lot of situations.

Wok

Everything is crazy about this patch, but the following is game-changing for beginners:

• Turbo Mode
  • Heroes now start with a TP Scroll.
  • Third Roshan kill now drops a single-use consumable refresher orb.
  • Neutrals now sleep at night. They have zero aggro range while sleeping.
  • Removed the remaining Unique Attack Modifiers
  • Flying Courier upgrade can no longer be purchased. Courier now upgrades automatically at 3 minutes.
  • Courier can no longer be purchased more than once.
  • Battle Fury is now 400 gold cheaper
  • Iron Talon has been removed from the game.
  • Poor Man's Shield has been removed from the game.
  • OoV's damage over time no longer disables Blink
  • Meat Hook can pull Runes back to you. Mana cost is refunded if successful.
  • Enemy units in Smoke Screen have no vision.
  • Chat links are now automatically clickable.

Everything is crazy about this patch, but the following is game-changing for beginners:

• Turbo Mode
  • Flying Courier upgrade can no longer be purchased. Courier now upgrades automatically at 3 minutes.

holy crap! I didn't even scroll down to the actual patch notes earlier. now that I've really look into it, HOLY CRAP! is all I can say. I need some time to really think about some of these stuff.

I almost exclusively play AD. This is going to ruin it. I can see people chatting and demanding skills be left for them. Half the fun of AD is the draft where you try and predict what your team and enemy will try and draft.

Just waiting for someone to first pick Lina's passive and proceed to tell their teammates to save low cooldown spells.

shira

I almost exclusively play AD. This is going to ruin it. I can see people chatting and demanding skills be left for them. Half the fun of AD is the draft where you try and predict what your team and enemy will try and draft.

Just waiting for someone to first pick Lina's passive and proceed to tell their teammates to save low cooldown spells.

Well at least AD got a new draft screen

it's kinda interesting with the rework on some of the hero's. take Brood for example, now you kinda have to go for the spiderling push tower build. and Morph's rework is really big. kinda have a 2nd better Rubick. and lol at the Riki lv25 talent. freaking no showing even when attacking is just trolling people.

Maddrical

Damn that Ability Draft screen is pretty sweet. I used to play it a fair bit but stopped, might start playing it again.

Haven't played in months but keen to play a little bit once this patch drops. just don't have the time to commit to regular play though. Any impressions of the new heroes yet?

• Turbo Mode

So making DotA more like League of Legends.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Played three turbo matches. I've been waiting for -apem for years. I kinda wish you couldn't buy items from anywhere because the lanes become a salve/clarity spamfest.

But, the games go fast, you get items/levels and I think i'm gonna jam on Turbo for a bit before going back to the "real" dota.

qazqaNii

Played like 15 Turbo games, While it was fun, its chaos, some heroes are useless like alchemist I feel. Still prefer the normal games over Turbo games, but its cool if u want a casual game where u can get easily to lvl 25 and try item builds.

Can't wait for season rank, wondering how it will pan out. My precious mmr :(

Played like 15 Turbo games, While it was fun, its chaos, some heroes are useless like alchemist I feel. Still prefer the normal games over Turbo games, but its cool if u want a casual game where u can get easily to lvl 25 and try item builds.

Can't wait for season rank, wondering how it will pan out. My precious mmr :(

I'm interested in a MMR reset. I think that would get me back into the game.

And yes, turbo mode ruins the balance. Good luck picking Drow when the other team has a Spec, or playing a traditional support like CM when you can run Lina or QoP and still carry.

shira

I'm interested in a MMR reset. I think that would get me back into the game.

And yes, turbo mode ruins the balance. Good luck picking Drow when the other team has a Spec, or playing a traditional support like CM when you can run Lina or QoP and still carry.
Is it a reset?

I thought you just get flags and badges now

shira

http://blog.dota2.com/2017/11/seasonal-ranked-update/

New badge MMR
DPUb2XIUIAAgB5E.jpg

Today's update reworks the Ranked matchmaking system, as our inaugural six-month Ranked Season is ready to begin. Entering the season, all players will be able to earn a new Rank Medal on their profile that represents their highest performance level for the current season. A Seasonal Rank Medal never decreases in rank once you've achieved it. Initial calibration games will be seeded roughly based on your previous skill.

There are seven levels of Rank Medals, and within each level are five stars of progress to earn towards the next Medal. These Medals are: Herald, Guardian, Crusader, Archon, Legend, Ancient, and Divine.

Your performance in both Party and Solo games is considered when evaluating your skill and determining when your Medal gets upgraded, with Solo games having a bigger impact. In order for players to achieve either the Ancient or Divine Medals, only Solo-game performance is considered.

This update also expands the Leaderboard system to include many more players. Players with 5 stars on the Divine Rank Medal (the highest rank) will now have a leaderboard number listed with the medal that broadcasts their position amongst other players. This leaderboard position will always be displayed alongside the Medal, and will be visible to all players in the game and on your profile.

Top Bottom