• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VITA] Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified first details

Massa

lbB3Z.jpg

Sony gave us a logo, now we have the first details, courtesy of Walmart. Looks like it's designed to be a portable friendly game, not a traditional campaign but a "spec ops story mode".

Call Of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified (PS Vita)

Before the future could be won, history had to be written. Exposing that story exclusively on PlayStation Vita, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified explores original fiction in the Call of Duty Black Ops universe with an all-new campaign of Special Ops missions. Optimized for gamers on-the-go, Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified delivers the most intense handheld Call of Duty experience to date, including both Special Ops Story mode and Multiplayer combat tailored for the PS Vita.

(posted in the Vita thread by deadlast and DBT85).

Preordered and ready to go! Resistance: Burning Skies showed the potential of Vita multiplayer in FPS, though the game itself has loads of issues. Hopefully Blops will rectify the issues.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'm fine with this actually. Hope we get more details on the multiplayer soon.

shagg_187 said:
Resistance: Burning Skies showed the potential of Vita multiplayer in FPS, though the game itself has loads of issues. Hopefully Blops will rectify the issues.
They just need to nail the controls, make it really smooth. Considering this is a CoD game, I think that's a given. I liked the MP of Burning Skies, but the controls were a bit iffy; good net code though.

Einbroch

Banned
Tailored for portables.

Will this shut up the port complainers?

I think not...

In my opinion, this is the one game they SHOULD have ported. Full-fledged, cross platform BLOPS2 multiplayer would have been amazing and could have boosted sales immensely.

Cookie18

I need to see a gameplay trailer before I'm in but this is looking like more of a buy than Black Ops 2 on PS3/360 is.

MrMephistoX

Preordered and ready to go! Resistance: Burning Skies showed the potential of Vita multiplayer in FPS, though the game itself has loads of issues. Hopefully Blops will rectify the issues.

Resistance wasn't terrible by any means so I'm definitely curious to see what the COD teams can do.

Jb

That's it, no campaign? What about the MP, will it be based on BlOps 2 or 1?
I dunno guys, this isn't shaping up so well.

I hope "multiplayer combat tailored for the Vita" doesn't just mean short matches that are stripped of any meaningful complexity (not that CoD has too much to begin with). I'll try not to be too cynical but this kind of talk always throws up a red flag to me.

Derrick01

Banned
So it has a story but kinda not? I thought special ops missions were those secondary optional stuff in Black Ops 2's campaign.

GQman2121

Banned
Spec Ops is the best thing that ever happened to the franchise, so this sounds promising to me.

The box art pretty typical of the last 5 or so games too.

Why Sony couldn't have mentioned this info two weeks ago (to the day) at their conference is an e3 mystery for the ages. Could have done the Vita perception wonders.

KAL2006

Banned
Yes, Spec Ops suits the Vita much better. Hopefully these missions are replayable (beating high scores, time limits, kills and etc). I would also like a lot of variety in the missions, maybe they should also have some co-op missions too. As for the multiplayer I would hope it is the same as BLOPS 2 with cross platform play, but I am going to doubt this is the case which would be a shame. Even if the Vita has a different multiplayer to the console version, I hope it is at least good.

Takao

Banned
That's it, no campaign? What about the MP, will it be based on BlOps 2 or 1?
I dunno guys, this isn't shaping up so well.

If you own a Vita, try the demo for Unit 13. It's pretty fun to have an opt-in opt-out scenario where you're not tied down to a campaign all the time.

Kazerei

Banned
What do they mean by Special Ops Story mode? I thought Spec Ops were just side missions?

Edit: if the game is just side missions related to the BO1 and BO2 storyline, I'm okay with that

Oni Jazar

Given all the money and manpower it takes to develop a full COD game I wouldn't expect the Vita release to approach those monsters.

VanWinkle

Ehh, I'll have to see more before I consider it. And that $50 better be placeholder, because that's ridiculous. I've been happy to see that no games that have come out since Uncharted have had that price point. Let's not break that trend (although, this is Activision, so they'd be the ones to do it).

In my opinion, this is the one game they SHOULD have ported. Full-fledged, cross platform BLOPS2 multiplayer would have been amazing and could have boosted sales immensely.

I really don't think enough people would be willing to take on the 3G version of Vita - but could be wrong. Exclusive and original SP/MP sells more than ports.

BLOPS2 - exactly the same (even visually) would not boost sales at all. In fact the more original content there is the better the game will sell to Vita owners. Factoid, its just backed up quite heavily by history.

Still don't think this game exists :p
[But seriously, wheres the stuff on this or AC Vita - why is Sony not hailing the hype trains? I worry how long these games will be]

Ehh, I'll have to see more before I consider it. And that $50 better be placeholder, because that's ridiculous. I've been happy to see that no games that have come out since Uncharted have had that price point. Let's not break that trend (although, this is Activision, so they'd be the ones to do it).

That isn't the first place I've seen $50 so I think they're rolling with it.

Will be interesting to see how this works out. Good that they will be trying to tailor-fit it to portable play.

Says only on PS - timed exclusive, other portable platforms getting their own version or Activision really skipping them this time? If it's the latter would be quite the investment from Sony I guess.

Cross platform play. That is all I want and is the magical keyword to trucks of money.
Multiplayer combat tailored to PSV doesn't sound like cross platform play at all.

But who the hell is developing it?

And no one should expect cross-platform play. That just sounds like something Activision doesn't want to go into with the chance that it could delay or hinder things for their yearly console releases.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It's nice to see that they aren't just going to create another overly scripted campaign for the portable game. That definitely doesn't make a lot of sense on the Vita.

I'm on board, wasn't super interested in just playing another campaign on the go, but if there is a lot of the spec op missions to play on the go that sounds awesome.

to be honest my favourite part of Metal Gear Solid HD Vita is the quick missions in 2.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Sounds great.

Looking forward to seeing this in action.

Vita is getting a TON of play from me right now with Uncharted, Resistance, and MGSHD.

I haven't played a handheld this much since my original gameboy.

snap0212

I would want a full fledged multiplayer experience, I don't really care about CoD's SP.

100% sure multiplayer won't be the real deal though.

Top Bottom