• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Testfire Thread: This is a port...able game now

Looking forward to actually having a chance to play the game and see what all the hub bub is all about. Should be able to hit up at least 2-3 of the time slots at minimum.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I never played the original will I be out of my depth for the stress test?

Jintor

Anyone else find it weird it's using these time slots? Why not just make it all weekend?

There's like fifteen posts throughout this thread and every other testfire, but it's a stress test so they want to increase server load as much as possible

Gauntlet

Banned
"I'm too lazy to read the first page of the thread, but wtf is with those times? What could Nintendo possibly hope to gain by putting as much stress on their servers as possible?"

There's like fifteen posts throughout this thread and every other testfire, but it's a stress test so they want to increase server load as much as possible
Yep, it's a traditional NE Asia-style stress test. I've been in plenty of 2-hour or so stress tests for online games before, it used to be pretty common some years back, though I haven't seen them too much these days.

Omzz

Anyone else getting an error from downloading this?

The download finished while playing Zelda and then put it on sleep. I noticed the switch screen was on in the dock and got an error message. Booted up the home menu and Splatoon has disappeared...Go to eshop and option is there to redownload. I do the process all over and get the same error message. Go to home menu and it disappeared AGAIN

If i remember right some of the 1 hour times back in splatoon testing ran longer for tech reasons so you might find d you get an hour and a half.

Monumma

I doubt anyone has any idea, but are we expecting this demo to be higher resolution/something on TV or still the portable version like it was on january?

Jerm411

Can't. Wait.

oh-yeah-gif-obama.gif

bumpkin

I need to find out how to do this this phone hot spot thing so i can play this at work
I thought about doing this, but the time slot is an hour before my regular lunch time and I have a working lunch (meeting) tomorrow. :(

Now the weekend on the other hand, I'm free during all of the time slots!

timshundo

I have 1000 hours into Splatoon 1 and got to play 2 at a Switch event. Figuring out the jump button remap didn't take long and he game was a lot of fun but I will say playing with a pro controller over handheld mode was so much easier. sometimes I'd have to twist the entire controller to get a splat in and lose sight of what was actually on the screen. Pro controller play felt as natural as Wii U gameplay. If you're playing this at work like I am tomorrow bring your pro controller or joycon shell! But also I've handheld control a try as well. Maybe theyll have gyro sensitivity options.

psyfi

Banned
I have 1000 hours into Splatoon 1 and got to play 2 at a Switch event. Figuring out the jump button remap didn't take long and he game was a lot of fun but I will say playing with a pro controller over handheld mode was so much easier. sometimes I'd have to twist the entire controller to get a splat in and lose sight of what was actually on the screen. Pro controller play felt as natural as Wii U gameplay. If you're playing this at work like I am tomorrow bring your pro controller or joycon shell! But also I've handheld control a try as well. Maybe theyll have gyro sensitivity options.
Yeah, it's kind of unfortunate, but I think I'll be playing this in TV mode 90% of the time. Motion controls + handheld just don't work well together.

Sorry

Believe it was a running joke during the first ever Testfire since you can ink the walls but doesn't actually count for turf at the end
No it's cool! I just didn't know what you were talking about, haha. Thanks for the tip.

Skeletos311

I'm thinking I'll play with split Joycons. I think it would be easier if I can just aim with my right hand instead of turning the Pro controller with both hands.

Jintor

Oh, well that's not too bad. Hopefully it starts promptly and moves quickly

Being honest there's a thirty to forty percent chance we'll be sitting in the waiting room for twenty to thirty minutes for the first two sessions. But maybe splatoons's massive Japanese popularity will lead them to better estimate initial server load

Toadsili T

Neo Member
I won't be participating this time as I don't have a Switch as of yet, but I will be watching the gameplay from numerous streamers over the weekend as this happens. Should be good fun all around. :)

Also thanks to Cheesemeister for the global timetable. I did my best to hunt around for timetable info before the OT went up, but this is much better. I'd request the OP to add it into first post if and when possible. :p

Finally, to all you people saying the Roller is OP, well... SplatGAF never forgets.
(It was the Dynamo that was OP in the end, not the regular roller)

RedFyn

I'm not too happy about the roller change but I am excited to watch all of the new footage. The game looks so good.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Can't make the 8pm one tonight :/...my family wants to have dinner at a Greek restaurant. I mean free food is nice. But it's splatoon >_>

Top Bottom