• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 trailer coming out [Thursday]

Status
Not open for further replies.

meta4

The sad thing is that it will probably be some kind of lame 30seconds teaser.

I would not expect any gameplay at this point.

Nooooooooooooooooooo!. I hope not. Also no chance of any platform announcement in this trailer right? I guess we will just have to assume it's a PC only title. Hopefully they will state PC and next generation game consoles at the end of the trailer just so everyone knows its coming to one console or another whenever they are announced.

Edit : It looks like its also coming to next gen consoles. 720 unveiling better happen soon.

nope. Gameplay trailers are rare. More like ingame cinematics trailer much like The Witcher 2 did with trailers:

Hope
Disdain & Fear
World of The Witcher

All above are mindblowing. I hope they will create awesome C77 trailer.

They def are. Cant wait for this.

Eideka

Banned
Nooooooooooooooooooo!. I hope not. Also no chance of any platform announcement in this trailer right? I guess we will just have to assume it's a PC only title. Hopefully they will state PC and next generation game consoles at the end of the trailer just so everyone knows its coming to one console or another whenever they are announced.
The game has been confirmed as being multiplatform but with PC as the lead, same goes for TW3. See previous page for the Eurogamer link I posted.

It makes no sense to release a game exclusively on PC, the market is so large.

"It will be multi-platform game, so the multi-release at the same time. But if you are talking about leading platform, we will use most powerful, just because it can give us the freedom of creation.
The next two major titles from Polish developer CD Projekt Red, scheduled for 2014/15, will be simultaneous multi-platform releases for PC and next-generation consoles, detective Eurogamer has discovered.

Wise decision.

meta4

The game has been confirmed as being multiplatform but with PC as the lead, same goes for TW3. See previous page for the Eurogamer link I posted.

It makes no sense to release a game exclusively on PC, the market is so large.

Yeah. Just saw the link you posted. Thanks!

Awesome news!

In Cyberpunk lore, Militech is an american weapons manufacturer and private military company involved in a corporate war that left Night City in ruins and contaminated by nuclear fallout.

I am kind of thinking this will now be a very much telling trailer if this is only coming out in 2015. Still looking forward to anything they will show, but not really expecting ingame footage. But I'd love to be wrong.

Dennis

Banned
8357989551_7455c93063_h.jpg

This Thursday.

I had not seen this image before.

Cool.

i-Lo

That gun looks like a high resolution picture downsampled. It could very well mean what we are looking at could be very close to real time (save IQ) if the Direct X 11 bokeh is doing its work. I remember playing KZ2/3 which had incredible gun detail and this looks like a pretty high poly (doable) highly detailed weapon as well. Not to mention, recent TLOU trailers have shown appropriate roundness and detail in fingers, which again, could mean those juicy cybernetic fingers (provided they aren't just gloves) are quite doable for next gen.

I know I'm clutching at straws but it would generate a lot of buzz if CDP were to show off an in-engine trailer prior to E3.

That gun looks like a high resolution picture downsampled. It could very well mean what we are looking at could be very close to real time (save IQ) if the Direct X 11 bokeh is doing its work. I remember playing KZ2/3 which had incredible gun detail and this looks like a pretty high poly (doable) highly detailed weapon as well. Not to mention, recent TLOU trailers have shown appropriate roundness and detail in fingers, which again, could mean those juicy cybernetic fingers (provided they aren't just gloves) are quite doable for next gen.

I know I'm clutching at straws but it would generate a lot of buzz if CDP were to show off an in-engine trailer prior to E3.

I had these thoughts as well. Love the gun detail etc. Looks like a 12 gauge auto shotty from the engravings.

Hindle

Banned
In Cyberpunk lore, Militech is an american weapons manufacturer and private military company involved in a corporate war that left Night City in ruins and contaminated by nuclear fallout.

I'm thinking you work for them at least at the start.

Perkel

Banned
I just want to see their texture work again. That with crazy IQ will do circles around most of DX11 games.

The Witcher 2 is only DirectX 9 and looks better than almost any game be it DX11 or DX10 because their art and texture work is just mindblowing.

Dennis

Banned
I have two hopes:

1) That the game turns out great of course.

2) That this is a smash hit for CD Projekt and they are thus rewarded for putting out the open-world cyberpunk game that by all rights should have been made years ago.

Salaadin

I have two hopes:

1) That the game turns out great of course.

2) That this is a smash hit for CD Projekt and they are thus rewarded for putting out the open-world cyberpunk game that by all rights should have been made years ago.

Agreed on both.

Do we know anything about the engine? New or are they using The Witcher 2s?

kinggroin

Banned
Oh man, oh man!

I was disappointed with the Witcher 2 visually, so I'm hoping this blows me away and causes my 670 to have bandwidth palpatations.

Good god. I have no doubt their texture work will be amazing after what they did with TW2.

I think the most impressive part about the image, is the fact that this is a completely open world game. The model and detail is insane for an open world game.

I'm thinking you work for them at least at the start.

It's definitely a possibility, in one of the later Cyberpunk adventure books Militech is the employer of a super group formed by the player characters and the main characters of the fiction to take against the main bad guy of the series, the Arasaka corporation.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Hopefully this :
Unreal-Engine-3-Samaritan.jpg

My heart would leap with joy if this was Epic's next big IP.

It has to be a new IP of some sort. The art was too well developed for a simple tech demo for UE3.9...

Look no further than the UE4 unveiling demo. Technically much more impressive, but artistically, it was a tech demo through and through.

Another obvious example is the UE3 unveiling demo/Gears

i-Lo

For this generation's Deus Ex, for all the beautifully crafted atmosphere, the character models looked aside from few notable exceptions looked poor (esp. the faces). Hopefully, next gen improve that because it was certainly doable this gen.

Pertaining to CDP, their character models have been pretty great in TW2 but they have this "dead in the eyes" feel often. Let's see if they can cure that with TW3 and CP2077.

Remember Me

What more are we looking at?

I really disliked what I saw of this eugh.... Still let's hope the upcoming trailer has some redeeming features.

Hopefully this :
Unreal-Engine-3-Samaritan.jpg

My heart would leap with joy if this was Epic's next big IP.

I like the original design better (as shown in the concept art) because this looks too GeoW-like. That said, he existed to not only show off the expected fidelity for next gen but also, "Apex clothing", which would be one hell of a tool for adding realism to character clothing.

Eideka

Banned
It has to be a new IP of some sort. The art was too well developed for a simple tech demo for UE3.9...
Look no further than the UE4 unveiling demo. Technically much more impressive, but artistically, it was a tech demo through and through.
That actually makes a lot of sense, the Samaritan demo felt really polished compared to the Elemental one. I hope you are right, I would buy this day one on the next Xbox.

I like the original design better (as shown in the concept art) because this looks too GeoW-like. That said, he existed to not only show off the expected fidelity for next gen but also, "Apex clothing", which would be one hell of a tool for adding realism to character clothing
Physx is bundled with UE3 so next-gen titles using Unreal tech should have high quality cloth simulation.

DocSeuss

That actually makes a lot of sense, the Samaritan demo felt really polished compared to the Elemental one. I hope you are right, I would buy this day one on the next Xbox.

Physx is bundled with UE3 so next-gen titles using Unreal tech should have high quality cloth simulation.

But the goal in Samaritan was to show what a GAME could look like on next generation consoles, not to be a tech demo for Unreal 3.9. It was Epic saying "we want better tech," not "you should buy Unreal."

The goals were different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom