• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North American Vita Compatible PSone Games

teiresias

Dammit, I wish Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain worked. I can't get it to show up in the CM. It's working in the SCEA store apparently though.

Piggus

I just transferred Jet Moto 2 from PS3 and it works.

EDIT: Reminds me of an awesome cheat code from this game:

All Tracks
To unlock all tracks, perform the following actions exactly as shown. *NOTE*: not only will this code give you all tracks, but access to all the tracks from Jet Moto 1.

Set the game to MASTER difficulty and 5 laps per race.
Press X on Li'l Dave then return to the title screen.
Press Up, Down, Left, Right, R2, R1, L2, L1.
Set the game to 3 laps per race.
Press X on Wild Ride, then return to the title screen.
Press Up, Left, Down, Right, Square, R2, Circle, L2 within four seconds. You should hear a tone.
Now set the game to AMATEUR dificulty with turbos off.
Press X on Bomber and return to the title screen yet again.
Press Up, Down, Left, Right, Up, Down, Left, Right within four seconds.
Set to PROFESSIONAL difficulty and turn turbos on again.
Finally, press R2, R1, L1, L2, R2, R1, L1, L2

FFix
3WAGn.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Damn, Alundra looks amazing. As does SOTN. I really can't wait for Chronology Cross to finally become available. Enjoying Alundra right now though!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's just too bad that you can't seem to be able to take screens with the Vita naturally.

People need to rabble rabble rabble Yosip for this. Would be a huge megaton and make let's plays or recording your progress for internet story times worth it.

whitehawk

Banned
Now all they need to do is put THPS2 on the store.

Right now I only have the 2 Castlevania games I got from PSN+. Never played SOTN, so now's the time.

brainpann

Man, these L2 and R2 touch pad inputs are not going to do at all.

Yeah, that was the first thing I had to change. It seems as though emulation settings are saved for individual games rather than need to change it per game. I need to double check this thought.

Astral

I see lots of Threads of Fate in here. How is that game? I remember loving the demo as a kid, but that's all I've played of the game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
People need to rabble rabble rabble Yosip for this. Would be a huge megaton and make let's plays or recording your progress for internet story times worth it.
That was certainly what I wanted out of the Vita-PS1 functionality, tbh. I thought it would've made it much easier to take screens for the PS1 FF games or something like that.

Weird that there's no screenshot functionality here.

Roto13

Yeah, that was the first thing I had to change. It seems as though emulation settings are saved for individual games rather than need to change it per game. I need to double check this thought.

There's nothing to change it to. I need the rest of my buttons where they are in Final Fantasy VIII. Guess I won't be running from anything ever.

Jucksalbe

Banned
That was certainly what I wanted out of the Vita-PS1 functionality, tbh. I thought it would've made it much easier to take screens for the PS1 FF games or something like that.

Weird that there's no screenshot functionality here.

That's because those damn...monkeys...just reused the PSP emulator. I'm really disappointed in the lazy job they did here. At least the better screen of the Vita makes this somewhat of an improvement.

Edit: Did anyone try if games that had a screenshot function on the PSP still have them on the Vita?

I see lots of Threads of Fate in here. How is that game? I remember loving the demo as a kid, but that's all I've played of the game.
Personally I hated it. I thought it had very clunky feeling combat. Visually i guess it's nice, but overall I found it to be one if squares more mediocre titles.

KalBalboa

Banned
Just a reminder to add Klonoa and Breath of Fire IV to the OP.

Missed that- adding now. Probably hitting the hay after I copy some more music onto my Vita (I have 2.5 gigs of Springsteen alone to add via playlist copy... and that's with me being selective).

Eusis

That's because those damn...monkeys...just reused the PSP emulator. I'm really disappointed in the lazy job they did here. At least the better screen of the Vita makes this somewhat of an improvement.

Edit: Did anyone try if games that had a screenshot function on the PSP still have them on the Vita?
It looks like there's proper high res (480i[p?]) support and dual analog since I was able to have an analog choice option in the menu. I'm only basing the former on the PS1 boot up screen though, someone's going to need to see just how sharp some Squaresoft game menus/title screens look for us to be sure, or anywhere else that high res was pulled.

Roto13

I just want to say that UmJammer Lammy is awesome because even when you do the wrong inputs, you can still get points if you sell it with everything you've got. "Yeah, I pressed X when I was supposed to press R. Because I'm an artist, that's why."

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm still disappointed despite how pretty things look on the screen.

I guess if I wanted to play an FF game after FF4 for the FF anniversary thread, I'd have to screw around with the 1998 PC version of FF7 and fraps/bandicam, or just play it on PSP with the screenshot plugin. How unremarkable.

Pachinko

Hey guys, I just updated the vita and I can't download any psone games from the ps store, when I try transfering stuff from the ps3 it says there's nothing there either.

Is this patch just not live across both systems in canada yet ?

Chatin

Transferred my FFVIII save over from my PSP to my PS3 and finally to the Vita. Had to redownload FFVIII. And now, I can't figure out how to swap discs in-game on the Vita... Damnit!

B.K.

Can you change the L2 and R2 settings? I don't see it in the menu anywhere.

Top Bottom