• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Haven't played a Digimon game since the original Digimon World on PS1, but have fond memories of the franchise and am in the mood for a good JRPG. Will pick this up for sure.

Kazer

So this is probably not going on the store until sometime tomorrow, right?

Yeah, tomorrow in the evening EST typically.

I'm so excited to get this tomorrow. PS4 copy is on it's way and I'll be downloading the Vita copy too just to support the game!

Gunna be torn between this and Gravity Rush... and then it's just an onslaught of games the rest of the year basically.

Can't wait for Friday. How does recruiting new digimon actually work. Is it pokemon style where you beat them or shin megami tensei where there is a negotiation.

Hikami

I might also turn off the VA, I'm a strange person who dislikes dialogue in text boxes being voiced lol. (Probably because I read really fast <.<)

I wish more games did what Zero Escape VLR did and match the text speed with the voice acting.

Then again I don't think it would work that well here since the voice and text are different languages..

Can't wait for Friday. How does recruiting new digimon actually work. Is it pokemon style where you beat them or shin megami tensei where there is a negotiation.

Digimon Capture

When you encounter an enemy Digimon in the field, the Digimon Capture program will automatically scan it. If you accumulate 100% or more of a particular Digimon&#8217;s data, it is possible to convert that data in the DigiLab. The larger the percentage you scan, the more that will be added to the converted Digimon&#8217;s base abilities.

Tip: It is a good idea to wait for 200% (the max) before converting a Digimon.

Anyone know if Hagurumon can eventually digivolve into Machinedramon?

Machinedramon is confirmed in the game.

AyanFaust

Banned

Chaos2Frozen said:
Machinedramon is confirmed in the game

I know he's confirmed, but I couldn't find the digivolution of Hagurumon that leads to him in the list of digimon available.

BiggNife

Is there an embargo on reviews? I'm looking at Metacritic and I see nothing. I'm really curious about this game because I grew up watching Adventure/Tamers and the Persona-style atmosphere and aesthetic looks cool.

Tirod

The localization is finally here, I'm so happy. :) I'm going to enjoy every last bit of my SMT-lite Digimon JRPG.

Amazon dicking me over an additional 2 days hurts but I hope others have fun in the meantime with their copies.

Is there an embargo on reviews? I'm looking at Metacritic and I see nothing. I'm really curious about this game because I grew up watching Adventure/Tamers and the Persona-style atmosphere and aesthetic looks cool.

It might entirely be possible that nobody is doing a review for it =(

Fantastic OT Paper Sparrow! When I signed the petition ages ago I never thought it would come to anything, and figured I would just play my Japanese copy when a complete guide was finished someday. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Tiops

I'll probably get Terriermon as a starter, as he can turn into Gatomon, which I can turn into Ophanimon and Mastemon later.

TEJ

Buying a ps4 on wednesday, making sure this is one of the first games I get for it.

Will there be a low print run? I won't be able to afford it till march.

Ultimadrago

I'm going to get a Gatomon and leave her like that. There's a few Digimon I'd just like to own to own, muc like Pokemon.

BiggNife

I'm hearing a lot about this game but have no idea what it is.

Do I need to know anything about Digimon to enjoy it?

My understanding is that it's Persona 3/4 but with Digimon. If you don't know anything about Digimon but like the Persona games you will probably still like it.

Delio

I know he's confirmed, but I couldn't find the digivolution of Hagurumon that leads to him in the list of digimon available.

Hagurumon > Clockmon > Datamon > Machinedramon

I asked that in the last thread and was helped out. So there you go fellow Machinedramon user!

Briarios

This is my first Digimon game ... Which is really hard for me ro believe considering how long I've played games & the types of games I like. Really looking forward to it!

So, who are the coolest digimon I should go for and digivolve?

This is my first Digimon game ... Which is really hard for me ro believe considering how long I've played games & the types of games I like. Really looking forward to it!

So, who are the coolest digimon I should go for and digivolve?

When you are ready to evolve a Digimon it comes complete with a chart that shows you all the ways in which you can advance it. Just pick whichever ones you like from there.

The only things I can remember about Digimon is there are Digimon called Palmon, Greymon and Kabuterimon (sp?) and there was a guy called Tai? with goggles and maybe a Sora? Might be making that up. I also remember that when they were in some virtual universe there was an evil woman that used control spires or something to create massive monsters. For some reason I remember her mentioning she was using 200 control spires for the creation of some big badass monster and that was a big deal. I don't know her name and can't remember what she looks like, I just remember the voice. Oh and I think I remember a big ice monster using a move called sub-zero ice punch on water to freeze it so they can walk back to mainland, but honestly, that might not even be Digimon I'm remembering. If anyone is reading this, it'd be awesome if they could clear that up for me! :D

So yeah, I know next to nothing about this series. But I like a good JRPG (the SMT/Persona-esque presentation also helps!) and I know the feeling of loving a niche franchise and hoping that people who are on the fence just pull the trigger and give it a go to increase the localisation chances of future titles, so I'll pick this up on Friday. Let's do this, GAF.

The only things I can remember about Digimon is there are Digimon called Palmon, Greymon and Kabuterimon (sp?) and there was a guy called Tai? with goggles and maybe a Sora? Might be making that up. I also remember that when they were in some virtual universe there was an evil woman that used control spires or something to create massive monsters. For some reason I remember her mentioning she was using 200 control spires for the creation of some big badass monster and that was a big deal. I don't know her name and can't remember what she looks like, I just remember the voice. Oh and I think I remember a big ice monster using a move called sub-zero ice punch on water to freeze it so they can walk back to mainland, but honestly, that might not even be Digimon I'm remembering. If anyone is reading this, it'd be awesome if they could clear that up for me! :D

So yeah, I know next to nothing about this series. But I like a good JRPG (the SMT/Persona-esque presentation also helps!) and I know the feeling of loving a niche franchise and hoping that people who are on the fence just pull the trigger and give it a go to increase the localisation chances of future titles, so I'll pick this up on Friday. Let's do this, GAF.

Yeah, all of those are Digimon things lol

Delio

Watching the stream atm and geez this character going all "omg do you have a boyfrienddddd" just annoys me. Also people saying that is what it means to be Grown up meh.

Cruxist

I really want to pick this up but just can't justify it right now. Gotta get the team from the old DS game back together: Omnimon, Seraphimon, Ophanimon.

Would anyone happen to know if all difficulty settings are availble from the start? I'm probably going to start on hard mode if possible, normal is apparently incredibly easy.

Yasumi

Banned
Would anyone happen to know if all difficulty settings are availble from the start? I'm probably going to start on hard mode if possible, normal is apparently incredibly easy.
They've rebalanced the game so that normal isn't as easy, and yeah, hard is available from the start.

Stuart444

Nice OT Paper Sparrow! :D

I hope everyone enjoys the game :D (and please get your friends or family to buy it. It needs all the support it can get! )

They've rebalanced the game so that normal isn't as easy, and yeah, hard is available from the start.

Oh, that's good to hear on both counts.

I'm still contemplating if I should go for Platinumsukamon at the earliest, I'll probably want to experiment with Digimon but I want to avoid rolling through the campaign too hard...

Ranmo

Say if I buy the game on ps4, which I did. Will my pre order dlc be usable if I load my save on Vita a month from now? Or should I probably just buy the vita version during Feb to be safe?

Though I suppose I might not have an answer until a few days from now...I'd love to buy both versions of the game day 1, but I'd like to save money if possible.

Pau

So excited. Also signed the petition what feels like ages ago.

My problem with choosing a starter is that I love too many rookie Digimon. :(

Stalk

Anyone from the UK order from Gameseek and get a shipped email yet?

Really looking forward to this now. I've got through 8 items in my backlog last month so I've earned this haha.

Stuart444

Oh, that's good to hear on both counts.

I'm still contemplating if I should go for PlatinumSukamon at the earliest, I'll probably want to experiment with Digimon but I want to avoid rolling through the campaign too hard...

Get 3 of them. Then just bench them until you need them.

Near the end of the game, remember to DIgivolve them to Etemon -> PlatNumemon. (one at a time so the other 2 can serve as exp boosters until you get your first PlatNumemon).

The earlier, the better. Like I said, you can just bench them and only bring them out when you need to level.

They also have a useful skill called (in Japanese, probably in English as well?) Character Reverse which inflicts the Bug status. (taken from a guide on gamefaqs since it's a perfectly good description: "The Bug condition flips the Digimon's attribute strengths and weaknesses. Remains for the duration of the battle."

Not sure what other Digimon can learn it but having PlatSukamon helped me out a few times with Character Reverse.

Being a complete digimon newb, I'll probably go with Hagurumon (sp?) because it reminds me of Haggleman from Retro Game Challenge.

I know absolutely nothing about Digimon but I've been interested in this game since the first time I saw some gameplay footage.

i-don-t-need-it-o.gif

Top Bottom