• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Why is it F2P? Why? :(

The game is good and I enjoy to play it but... these prices, damn they're hurting badly the wallets, I won't pay for this.

At least it made me discover a nice little game without spending any money and maybe I'll buy Trozei but I wish Nintendo would made a 29,99€ full game pass.

Glad Nintendo don't do this often.

Kouriozan

Stage 82 now, I've hit 2 walls, Mega Lopunny (only lost once but it was good luck) and Grovyle, I had to go back and capture Treecko to made it way easier because
Grovyle spawns multiple Treecko in the board.
So far so good.

BooJoh

zlCfzTCEx18Vgbp-rc

Took me like 10 tries starting yesterday.

Robin64

Why are the trainers with the Mega Pokemon just silhouettes anyway? It's not like they get revealed after you win, it seems really weird.

JoeM86

oh fuck off Litwick... catch failure with 85% :\

Yeah but that means that 15% of them fail :p

The stages that mess me up are the ones that have the Pokémon turn the middle two columns into glass or stone. I can never seem to do those well

Mr-Joker

Banned
Man Torchic is really pissing me off with its low catch rate that I end up burning up all my heart limit.

Chû Totoro;153028166 said:
Why is it F2P? Why? :(

To please the Investors most likely.

MicH

Stuck at stage 90 - mega Mawhile :( I may need to go back and catch Mienfoo, but I can't for the life of me catch him! How annoying. Or maybe I should try Charmeleon again...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any suggestions as to what I should use Jewels on? I kind of just used them to get more lives, but I wonder if that's the best idea.

Haines

Banned
Am I the only one who doesn't know what Pokemon are effective against others?

I use the optimize button but it would be nice if the game told me.

Maybe it does and I just can't see it.

I can't believe it, but I'm really enjoying this game. It's quick, fun, and is serving as the perfect short break from playing through Ocarina of Time 3D.

I find it very unlikely that I'll spend any money on it, but I don't doubt that I stick with it for a while yet.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Because the Pokemon Company want some of that F2P money.

That too.

If a Pokémon has an orange arrow it means that it's super effective if it has a blue arrow then it isn't super effective.

This type chart should help.

The game will put up red arrows or down blue arrows next to super effective or not very effective types respectively.

You could look up a type chart on Serebii, but ultimately the game does a fine job for you. Also note that sometimes pokemon will be at a high enough level that it does more damage than a weak super effective pokemon would.

Ok despite the no 3D up top and the hearts free to wait system the game is actually really fun.

I wish there was coin doubler type thing, I'd buy that. But I'm not going to spend money on things that are just going to get used up.

Haines

Banned
Thank you for the tips. I look and see the arrows now.

Where it lists damage does that DMG number take into account the effectiveness. Or will the DMG be diff in game.

Really confused about the no 3D thing. Same with Battle Trozi. I mean doesn't the 3DS dev kit just "do" 3D with 3D models I can't imagine it was a cost issue.

RiggyRob

Ok despite the no 3D up top and the hearts free to wait system the game is actually really fun.

I wish there was coin doubler type thing, I'd buy that. But I'm not going to spend money on things that are just going to get used up.

The special Meowth event stage is basically a coin multiplier, you can get close to 3000 coins on just that stage.

Any suggestions as to what I should use Jewels on? I kind of just used them to get more lives, but I wonder if that's the best idea.

My recommendation is save them up and spend them on coins, since hearts always regenerate but you only get coins after completing a stage - the Meowth stage I mentioned above gives you lots of coins, but it's only once per day, same as the check in coin bonus, whereas you could get 40 hearts a day assuming you play every 2.5 hours.

Haines

Banned
I can't believe I'm getting addicted to a Pokemon f2p game. I don't play Pokemon much and only f2p game I care for is hearthstone.

This game just seems designed so well. Just enough depth and skill.

Berordn

More fun than I was expecting, especially after I got a bit burnt on Battle Trozei. Still pretty content to play it in short bursts rather than spending anything on it.

Really confused about the no 3D thing. Same with Battle Trozi. I mean doesn't the 3DS dev kit just "do" 3D with 3D models I can't imagine it was a cost issue.

It's a 2D game where you're not even looking at the screen that supports 3D for the majority of the gameplay. They could've added it for sure, but what would it really change other than the image breaking every time you glance up?

MicH

Mega Mawile is a huge issue for me. I simply cannot get past it. Its disruptions are the worst I've experienced so far :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Don't really see how this game would benefit from 3D.

Haines

Banned
Yeah I don't care about lack of 3d. Its a free puzzle game and you are looking at the bottom screen In game play.

aka_bueno

More fun than I was expecting, especially after I got a bit burnt on Battle Trozei. Still pretty content to play it in short bursts rather than spending anything on it.

It's a 2D game where you're not even looking at the screen that supports 3D for the majority of the gameplay. They could've added it for sure, but what would it really change other than the image breaking every time you glance up?

Not with the n3DS, the 3D image wouldn't break ha.

Sure it's not needed for this type of game, but it would have been nice to have 3D on a game exclusive to the 3DS. It just screams lazy, especially with a game with just 2D art on a static background. Would have been neat to see the battle effects attacking the Pokemon in 3D.

Any who, the more I play it...the more I'm ok with the 5 heart limit. Keeps me from burning out and I'm enjoying the little bites of relaxing gameplay. Also, it makes me think more about my moves so I don't waste a heart.

Berordn

Not with the n3DS, the 3D image wouldn't break ha.

Even with face tracking it has trouble following my head when I'm looking down at the bottom screen for a while. I still see it do the adjustment when I glance up on other games.

It might be lazy, but it's also kind of pointless to do it for the sake of doing it.

Shoyz

My recommendation is save them up and spend them on coins, since hearts always regenerate but you only get coins after completing a stage - the Meowth stage I mentioned above gives you lots of coins, but it's only once per day, same as the check in coin bonus, whereas you could get 40 hearts a day assuming you play every 2.5 hours.

Base conversion of gems values each heart at 600 coins. With Great Balls costing 2500 coins, I'd almost always rather play again (up to 4 times) instead. Never needed powerups yet but am only at level 98, maybe that'll change. I opted for the 38 hearts and was able to jump way ahead quickly.

aka_bueno

Even with face tracking it has trouble following my head when I'm looking down at the bottom screen for a while. I still see it do the adjustment when I glance up on other games.

It might be lazy, but it's also kind of pointless to do it for the sake of doing it.

I'm just curious, do you physically tilt your head a lot to look at the bottom screen? Only time it should lose track and break the 3D is if you turn your head so much that the system can't approximate where your eye sockets should be. But the screens are practically on top of each other, it shouldn't be losing you unless you're really tilting your head at an extreme angle when looking at the bottom screen. Do you wear glasses? That can maybe affect it too I hear. Seems odd that it's breaking in that scenario, that's a bummer.

When I go from top/bottom screen I'm just shifting my eyes not tilting my head and it hasn't broken once on me. And I have 40+ hours logged in MH4U with the map and quick items on the bottom screen which I'm constantly looking at. Only time it breaks for me is when I turn my entire head left/right and I'm not looking forward at the system and it readjusts when I turn back forward.

Berordn

I'm just curious, do you physically tilt your head a lot to look at the bottom screen? Only time it should lose track and break the 3D is if you turn your head so much that the system can't approximate where your eye sockets should be. But the screens are practically on top of each other, it shouldn't be losing you unless you're really tilting your head at an extreme angle when looking at the bottom screen. Do you wear glasses? That can maybe affect it too I hear. Seems odd that it's breaking in that scenario, that's a bummer.

I know I tilt my head a bit, but I am wearing glasses too. It's not a dealbreaker by any means, just something I notice. It typically corrects itself in less than a second, at least for MH4U.

edit: well shit, now that I've been toying with it a bit I just noticed a dead pixel on my top screen that I can't un-notice. raagh.

Yeah, the catch ability rates are bullshit. I used a +5 moves on Grovyle, had 4 moves left over, and it didn't increase at all.

Top Bottom