• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs dev United Front Games making next gen console title w/ multiplayer

JDSN

Banned
My body is ready.

motherfucker

I think SE is gonna be satisfied with the sales of the sequel, the game might have got considerable price drops near launch but the created a nice brand that has generated a lot of goodwill from even the PC community.

fvng

1. Final Fantasy
2. Dragon Quest
3. Deus Ex
4. Thief
5. Hitman
6. Tomb Raider
7. Kingdom Hearts
8. Sleeping Dogs
9. Just Cause?
10. ?

Plenty of candidates but not sure what ones are relevant enough to be top 10

Kane & Lynch gets no love, but I love co-op games, and that series does it well. I'd fill that 10 spot with K&L

saladine1

Sleeping Dogs is one of my all time favourite games. So much satisfaction from the game.
Whatever happens, Wei must return...he must!

Kane & Lynch gets no love, but I love co-op games, and that series does it well. I'd fill that 10 spot with K&L

Agree. Dog Days had a lot of potential. So much potential. Multiplayer is one of the best display of awesomeness ever. It needed a lot of polish and testing, but it didn't get any. I want more of Fragile Alliance!

Inclusion of K&L in Hitman shows that IO still care for the franchise. Both Hitman and K&L are in the same universe as evident by easter eggs in the game where one game tells the story of another.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Sleeping Dogs 2 set in San Francisco.

Come on guys, the Hong Kong setting was awesome, but you know you want it.

raebodep

I wish they would stop giving us multi gigabyte patches on steam everyday. Many people have bandwidth caps. I shouldn't have to download dlc until I decide to purchase it.

Agreed.

We don't need another open world game based in a US city.

Agreed.
I think it should be set in bangkok and the main character modeled after tony jaa.

1. Final Fantasy
2. Dragon Quest
3. Deus Ex
4. Thief
5. Hitman
6. Tomb Raider
7. Kingdom Hearts
8. Sleeping Dogs
9. Just Cause?
10. ?

Plenty of candidates but not sure what ones are relevant enough to be top 10

I find it really depressing that this is a legitimate list of Square Enix's most valuable IPs.

fuck SF, there are plenty of games with that city. let's go somewhere else. Macau would be nice.

I agree... if you want a game like this in San Fran, or even Tokyo (as absolutely AMAZING of a place Tokyo is) go play GTA or Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza).

No one wants that, what are you talking about.

No thanks, don't need another open world game set in the US.

I lol'd.

Toki767

Let me scale the Great Wall, go inside the Ming Dynasty tombs, the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven, etc...

Beijing would be a great place for an open world game.

Hopefully it's a buddy cop movie where Wei Shen works with Adam Jensen back when he was a cop.

We could have great dialog like:

Commissioner: "Hey Jensen, time to meet your new partner."
Wei Shen: "I'm Wei Shen motherfucker, who are you?"
Jensen: "I didn't ask for this."

That would be the best Policenauts sequel ever.

Sleeping Dogs 2 set in San Francisco.

Come on guys, the Hong Kong setting was awesome, but you know you want it.

Wtf

Either Shanghai or Tokyo for me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I can see them doing it in Hong Kong again but expanding it out, giving you more places to enter, and generally making things look nicer.

Yeah, this is what I want. I don't need GTA scope of the map. Density and detail > scope.

I hope it isn't Sleeping Dogs 2. They can keep that co-op bullshit out of the sequel to one of the best sandbox games this gen. It doesn't need it.

You don't want to throw your friends into car boots and drive them into the ocean?

No, because then that means someone will inevitably throw me into a car boot and drive me into the ocean.

There's just too much hopping on the co-op bandwagon lately, I'm sick of it.

I was pretty sure it wouldn't hit the list (a) because of what their treatment in Hitman suggests and (b) because the games kept getting critically panned. But sure enough KL2 sold 1mil+ units, so I guess you're right!

for sleeping dogs 2, I hope they introduce a mass effect style choice system. The game was great, the story was great but it would be cool to have options.

I envision multiplayer working like competitive stuff instead of co-op.

Like, imagine Fat Princess-style CTF except you need to force someone in the trunk and drive them to your base while the other guy/team pursues you.

Acidote

If there's coop in a supposed Sleeping Dogs 2... I don't know, one of them gets to be Wei Shen and the other one another motherfucker?

Derrick01

Banned
for sleeping dogs 2, I hope they introduce a mass effect style choice system. The game was great, the story was great but it would be cool to have options.

Press the blue option to arrest the criminal and turn the drugs over to the cops. Press the red option to kill him and sell the drugs. -5 karma points if you do that.

Nah that sounds as boring as it is in mass effect.

Top Bottom