• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Personally I wish gimmick link skills were a bigger deal. I love the idea of themed deck building, but outside of specific dokkan events, there's no reason to. But it'd be cool if you got a huge bonus for running an otherwise weaker team, like an all-GT team, or an all-DB team, etc. But maybe this would run afoul of gacha laws too.

I still think they should've remade links to incorporate special abilities. i.e. all units linking from Ginyu Force have a chance of stunning, DB units linking reduce def, etc. An easy way to make 90% of units not trash.

Lol Goku black wrecked my shit in 1 shot...

I thought 2 gogeta 2 vegitos a Goku black and a omega sheron would've been enough. I've been wrecking every boss except for Black/Rose Vegito/blue godtenks and buuhan.

Lol Goku black wrecked my shit in 1 shot...

I thought 2 gogeta 2 vegitos a Goku black and a omega sheron would've been enough. I've been wrecking every boss except for Black/Rose Vegito/blue godtenks and buuhan.

what kinda team you building that has all them on it? Sounds like you could optimize a little better. You shouldn't be using Gogeta as a leader. Either make a Super team with Bluegito leads or a mono STR with 2 Omega leads for Black. Mono STR wrecks his shit.

Hellix

Appreciate some help forming a team to take down Buuhan, if possible: my box.

Hero dokkan events have been a lot easier for me as of late, but villans are still giving me trouble (Buuhan, Golden Frieza, Shenron, etc).

what kinda team you building that has all them on it? Sounds like you could optimize a little better. You shouldn't be using Gogeta as a leader. Either make a Super team with Bluegito leads or a mono STR with 2 Omega leads for Black. Mono STR wrecks his shit.

Haven't really built a solid team just kinda threw all my strongest characters into one team so I can lvl them up

Idk how good my Mono STR team would be since I only got omega Rildo buutenks and gogeta and I just pulled a STR majin buu but I haven't lvled him
The rest of my STR are pretty scrubby or I haven't bothered LVLing them passed 60

Edit: holy shit you weren't kidding the STR team I just made with 2 omegas is ridiculous he barely even hurting me and none of my characters are even maxed out

Xanru

The largest issues with the game isn't even the op leader skills and the orb system. It's that content isn't scaling to meet these increases in power and that there isn't even enough general content. And the issue with that is that Bamco can't continue to scale the content as they have been to meet it, as all they really do is increase enemy DR and damage. If they were to match it, 2/3's of their playerbase would simply be unable to play the game without heavy monetary investment.

They need to implement some well thought out general mechanics that can curb the sheer amount of power introduced without completely invalidating playstyles(however few there are). I mean look at optc, they've actually had some pretty serious power creep, but because of the way the implement their strongest units(a massive chunk of them being easy to grab from gachas or being straight f2p), how limited their legend pool is, and the basic foundation of the game, they manage to maintain a pretty good form of balance. Dokkan could take more than a few hints.

Syntsui

Being number 1 on both stores sure will send the wrong message. Besides that, this is still the second most popular Gacha in the world right? I don't think they will change whatever their strategy is anytime soon.

Haven't really built a solid team just kinda threw all my strongest characters into one team so I can lvl them up

Idk how good my Mono STR team would be since I only got omega Rildo buutenks and gogeta and I just pulled a STR majin buu but I haven't lvled him
The rest of my STR are pretty scrubby or I haven't bothered LVLing them passed 60

Edit: holy shit you weren't kidding the STR team I just made with 2 omegas is ridiculous he barely even hurting me and none of my characters are even maxed out

Type advantage trumps everything. It's just getting harder to work as the newer dokkans have more stages with various differing types throughout.

Shanlei91

Hero dokkan events have been a lot easier for me as of late, but villans are still giving me trouble (Buuhan, Golden Frieza, Shenron, etc).

I would go with double Super Vegito lead - utilizing their blocks and super sealing to outlast Int Buu phase and then blow him up.

This could work:
SV
Gogeta
AGL Kid Buu
Oceanus Shenron
-Now where it gets fuzzy-
TEQ Frieza (for blocking - although INT Buu might just hit him for regular damage, not sure how that would calculate, would be a better choice if he was dokkan'd)
PHY Gotenks (for links, defending against Int Buu and possible super seal if you get enough ki)

Hellix

I would go with double Super Vegito lead - utilizing their blocks and super sealing to outlast Int Buu phase and then blow him up.

This could work:
SV
Gogeta
AGL Kid Buu
Oceanus Shenron
-Now where it gets fuzzy-
TEQ Frieza (for blocking - although INT Buu might just hit him for regular damage, not sure how that would calculate, would be a better choice if he was dokkan'd)
PHY Gotenks (for links, defending against Int Buu and possible super seal if you get enough ki)

Hmm, I'll give it a shot when the event comes back up. Thanks!

GreenScar

Use a friend Vegito Blue
Gogeta - lead
SS3 Godtenks
Super Vegito
Phy SS Gotenks to seal
SS3 Goku
...probably INT Vegito

I did the event with a similar team, only had a friend VB and everything, and still offed Buu by the second phase.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Got some iTunes cards through a work scheme with the intention of pulling 3 Multis on the VB banner.
Pulled multi 1: Got SR junk.
Pulled multi 2: No Hercule or pods, no SS, Bye Guys - VB as first character!

Welp, now I have stones to save for Arale banner! :D

Got some iTunes cards through a work scheme with the intention of pulling 3 Multis on the VB banner.
Pulled multi 1: Got SR junk.
Pulled multi 2: No Hercule or pods, no SS, Bye Guys - VB as first character!

Welp, now I have stones to save for Arale banner! :D

That's how I got my VB lfsO

I'm doing SSBKK and UGHHHH. 14/77.

O wait it's 154 because I pulled SSBKK lfsE

MisterMac

Whelp. Enjoy easy mode on global for a bit folk. Japan just updated and gave us 10 of this support item:

Old type scouter (Green) (Support item)
- you are able to 'see' if enemy is going to super (Last for 2 turn)

I'll test app restarting in a few

EDIT:

Yup, was grinding the Trunks event and closed the app on a Zamasu super, when I came back he was still supering. looks like the scouter item is all they are giving us.

Whelp. Enjoy easy mode on global for a bit folk. Japan just updated and gave us 10 of this support item:

EDIT:

Yup, was grinding the Trunks event and closed the app on a Zamasu super, when I came back he was still supering. looks like the scouter item is all they are giving us.

Woooooooow. I deeply regret spending money on this game now....They better increase the number of slots for support items and let us get more than 2 in and let it be farmable. For bosses with like 4 phases having 2 of these for a total of 4 turns is useless.

MisterMac

Woooooooow. I deeply regret spending money on this game now....They better increase the number of slots for support items and let us get more than 2 in and let it be farmable. For bosses with like 4 phases having 2 of these for a total of 4 turns is useless.

Gonna make the WT total garbage too.

EDIT: People are saying the 5th and 6th item slots are opening. And there are 112 new story mode stones up for grabs. 72 for the story stages, the 30 from missions

EDIT:

Heh, it's not like force closing the app was a feature. :p Surprised it took them this long to fix it.

But yeah, time to pay more attention y'all.
/s

MisterMac

Heh, it's not like force closing the app was a feature. :p Surprised it took them this long to fix it.

But yeah, time to pay more attention y'all.

I don't understand what paying more attention does? Like, when app closing was a thing I was paying FULL attention because I was watching to see if a super was coming. And I will still pay that full attention, except when a super comes I'll be eating it

You can give the game your 100% undivided attention but if the turn your seal wears off and you don't have a baba you're eating a super. Even when app closing existed you would still put your blockers in to take hits.

I'm not complaining that app closing is gone but that particular jab doesn't seem applicable when super launching is all RNG.

I don't understand what paying more attention does? Like, when app closing was a thing I was paying FULL attention because I was watching to see if a super was coming. And I will still pay that full attention, except when a super comes I'll be eating it

You can give the game your 100% undivided attention but if the turn your seal wears off and you don't have a baba you're eating a super. Even when app closing existed you would still put your blockers in to take hits.

I'm not complaining that app closing is gone but that particular jab doesn't seem applicable when super launching is all RNG.
See what relly pisses me off is some bosses super at the very start of a turn so unless you got two sealers you're getting a super. Then they take it further and have multiphase bosses super at the start of the new phase which means you 100% cannot seal em. I hope they lose enough daily players and revenue to realize the errors of their way. We all know they did this so we gotta use DS to revive from unpredictable supers.

Meneses

I guess they're moving to a "save data per attack" instead of "per turn". I think Fire Emblem did that too when I played it.

It definitely feels cheap, even though it's lessened by the item slots opening up.

We should have had a super indicator from the beginning.

If that item isn't easily farmable then it's bad, one more RNG bullshit factor in a game already filled to the brim with it.

Perhaps I should've put a /s next to "pay attention." Trust, I'm the last person to hold people accountable to that considering how many times the force restart has saved my ass as well. ^^

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
See what relly pisses me off is some bosses super at the very start of a turn so unless you got two sealers you're getting a super. Then they take it further and have multiphase bosses super at the start of the new phase which means you 100% cannot seal em. I hope they lose enough daily players and revenue to realize the errors of their way. We all know they did this so we gotta use DS to revive from unpredictable supers.
Uhhh Japan is at a point where you can eat Supers; someone I follow has beaten boss rushes multiple times without any closing.
Even now I take supers in the face; it's not like they 1HKO you, just plan to get supered and you'll be fine.

MisterMac

Dokkan Event is one thing but this makes the WT a complete nightmare. You can't seal entire teams and you can't really tank supers without two Leader Skills active for the HP.

Yeah before God leads there was worry but with god leads its not a big issue anymore for the most part. They should buff the scouter item though with different versions. Like the green one does 2 turns, blue one does 3 and red one does 4.

WT: Is more risky but its up to you to take the risk of getting supered or use an item like Baba to make sure there is no chance. Jaco and other stun units are gonna be in top tier teams no matter what now.

HawthorneKitty

Dokkan Event is one thing but this makes the WT a complete nightmare. You can't seal entire teams and you can't really tank supers without two Leader Skills active for the HP.
Better get them Golden Friezas, SSJ3 Vegetas, Ghost Ushers, Babas or Pilafs.

They made it an item huh? Well that's kind of shitty. At least they're opening up the 5th slot? I think?

You know what would be awesome? If seal duration stacked. My Gotenks supers twice surprisingly often.

AGL Golden Frieza best unit in the game now lol.

For the WT SSJ3 Vegeta rains supreme. His passive will be active for the entire battle and doesn't need to have over 50% HP. In other dokkan events Freeza might be good, but Bandai only gave him a 50% HP cap which is dumb.

Shanlei91

WT team:
AGL Majin Vegeta
AGL Frieza
Int Chiaotzu
TEQ Jaco
INT Janemba
STR SS3 Vegeta

It's so easy! All you need are these six characters!

MisterMac

Better get them Golden Friezas, SSJ3 Vegetas, Ghost Ushers, Babas or Pilafs.

Don't forget Janemba or those spiffy brand new Scouters which basically became a mandatory 5th item slott!

Between AGL Golden Frieza, SSJ3 Vegeta, and my own Janemba I'm covered for tanks.They are gonna need to put Bulma's battle prep out more often if they expect people to blind use Scouters and Babas and Ushers tbh.

This is going to make stunners much more useful in the WT. Especially ones like Jaco and Chiaotzu

WT team:
AGL Majin Vegeta
AGL Frieza
Int Chiaotzu
TEQ Jaco
INT Janemba
STR SS3 Vegeta

It's so easy! All you need are these six characters!

Just need Chiaotzu and that oh so easy to come by LR Majin Vegeta and I'm set!

Don't forget Janemba or those spiffy brand new Scouters which basically became a mandatory 5th item slott!

Between AGL Golden Frieza, SSJ3 Vegeta, and my own Janemba I'm covered for tanks.They are gonna need to put Bulma's battle prep out more often if they expect people to blind use Scouters and Babas and Ushers tbh.

This is going to make stunners much more useful in the WT. Especially ones like Jaco and Chiaotzu

Just need Chiaotzu and that oh so easy to come by LR Majin Vegeta and I'm set!

No joke, was messing around with friend AGL MVs in the last WT and the AGL SSR Kid Trunks is absolutely AGL MV's savior with changing all them rainbows into AGL orbs.

MisterMac

No joke, was messing around with friend AGL MVs in the last WT and the AGL SSR Kid Trunks is absolutely AGL MV's savior with changing all them rainbows into AGL orbs.

Future 18 changes PHY To AGL! I'm about to start dropping stones to get him but I already got LR Gohan so A: If I got Vegeta I'd feel obligated to sell the account and more likely B: I blew all my luck on Gohan.

This rumor that the new Gogeta/Janemba are gonna be Super/Extreme Rainbow leads has me a little less enthused to summon on them though. I honestly might wait for the Super INT leader since my JP Super INT Team would be amazing.

But I also have all the components for a solid rainbow team between Super Vegito/Vegito Blue/Rage Trunks/LR Gohan and both SSJ4s,

MiTYH

Really, really sad about losing the force close/restart app feature. As a primarily SV user, this will really hurt. Here's hoping it comes back as a glitch somewhere along the line

Kettch

Yeah, I'm very skeptical about removing the restart option without making super attacks visible all the time. They're basically removing the ability to grind out bosses.

Unless they make super sealers a lot more common I don't see this working out well at all.

Reset killing may have just killed the game. I certainly won't be doing dokkans/WT/boss rush events anymore. Genuinely considering just deleting both apps since so much content will be unplayable now.

Seriously y'all? xD I've used it loads of times myself, but considering the meta in JP with all that HP and like HawthorneKitty said, you can eat supers without too much worry like before. This is like pulling out your ethernet cable before you lose an online match and Bamco saying you can't do that any more. It's an exploit.

As for the WT, just do it on a lower difficulty now so you don't mess up your streak.

Just use items or roll the dice. I never knew so many people used resetting as such a major crutch.

Some of this JPN content is borderline impossible without it. I don't even wanna think about boss rush. It being an item is a pretty shit band aid on a gaping wound since you get to see for 4 rounds of boss rush. That's no use to anyone. If they were gonna pull this crap you should be able to see when the enemy supers by default, no stupid items needed.

Hell their other Gacha OPTC already has done that from day one.

Kettch

Seriously y'all? xD I've used it loads of times myself, but considering the meta in JP with all that HP and like HawthorneKitty said, you can eat supers without too much worry like before. This is like pulling out your ethernet cable before you lose an online match and Bamco saying you can't do that any more. It's an exploit.

As for the WT, just do it on a lower difficulty now so you don't mess up your streak.

It's an exploit that fixes horrible RNG game design. I've always considered resetting a waste of time that should have been fixed by making super attacks visible.

HawthorneKitty

Some of this JPN content is borderline impossible without it. I don't even wanna think about boss rush. It being an item is a pretty shit band aid on a gaping wound since you get to see for 4 rounds of boss rush. That's no use to anyone. If they were gonna pull this crap you should be able to see when the enemy supers by default, no stupid items needed.

Hell their other Gacha OPTC already has done that from day one.
OPTC is pure math. The only variables are a couple turn countdown variables; it's pointless to compare at that angle.

So here's my box after blowing through all my stones on the dual dokkan event and not getting any of the headline units,

https://dbz.space/box/Lagamorph

Can anyone recommend a team for the Beerus event when it comes back around?
And maybe a team for the Super Difficulty Broly event?

For Broly

Mono STR
OS lead
Metal Dildo
SSJ3 Goku
SSG Goku
SSJ2 Trunks/Buutenks
Videl Great Saiyaman 2
OS Friend

It's all about dropping that defense with GS2 and the Shenron crew. Use Buutenks for sealing supers and synergy with SSJ3 and SSG (Over in a Flash)

It's an exploit that fixes horrible RNG game design. I've always considered resetting a waste of time that should have been fixed by making super attacks visible.

Definitely not arguing that it can be designed much better.

OPTC is pure math. The only variables are a couple turn countdown variables; it's pointless to compare at that angle.

But how are we supposed to survive the 15 bosses in boss wave now? We can see supers for 4 turns then it's pure luck for almost the entire duration. I honestly don't see a future for this game with that design. There's no point playing hard content now since its just RNG. I mean some of the attacks can basically OHKO neo gods.

Aiii

So not worth it
Can people stop overreacting, maybe? They fixed an exploit, and for the record, I barely used it and got through content just fine. It might have cost me more support items than most people cheating through the exploit, but I still managed to complete the content like every other person.

Top Bottom