• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Dodonpachi Black Label EX thread of 360 bullet hell

t3nmilez

All right, so I got this. Port seems ace, the loading at the beginning is annoying but once you get into the game then it's not an issue. I didn't find any timing or chaining issues. Game kicks ass and it sounds so nice on a good speaker system.

Seems like people are bitching for the sake of bitching on it. Hell, some people in that thread were outright making stuff up. Someone said that you need to "confirm" on the menu, which is 100% false.

Oh yea, a superplay is available on the Japanese marketplace for free.

This game really isn't that difficult, I mean it can get pretty hard but it's a pretty reasonable difficulty curve, I think.

CHR_AeON

t3nmilez said:
Seems like people are bitching for the sake of bitching on it. Hell, some people in that thread were outright making stuff up. Someone said that you need to "confirm" on the menu, which is 100% false.

No, it's not - when you're in the Extras menu you have to press A twice in order to access the achievements or other submenus, whereas in all other menus you have to press A only once. The whole menusystem is absolutely f*cked up - one time you have to press B to leave a menu, the next time it's Start, another time it's Back.

However, the worst thing is that if you don't play using the default settings you have to change the options (lives, difficulty, etc.) EVERY TIME after you have played one game, because the settings are simply not saved.

So, the port itself may be quite descent, but those insane loading times and inconsistent menus are just plain bad.

manzo

Seems like the real reason of the cancellation came out last Friday, in case no-one noticed:

http://5pb.jp/games/

Quick and dirty translation of the 09/06/19 news:

We released the game "Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label Extra" on 19th of February 2009 and the game was developed for us by Aquasystem Corporation, who have without permission used and reverse engineered the source code from Playstation 2 game "Dodonpachi Daioujou" by Arika Corporation and CAVE Corporation.

Oh motherfucking snap, looks like Aqua System just emulated the PS2 version by stealing the source code and using it without permission from Arika and Cave. :lol

What now? Looks like BLE's run is over.

danmaku

manzo said:
Seems like the real reason of the cancellation came out last Friday, in case no-one noticed:

http://5pb.jp/games/

Quick and dirty translation of the 09/06/19 news:

We released the game "Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label Extra" on 19th of February 2009 and the game was developed for us by Aquasystem Corporation, who have without permission used and reverse engineered the source code from Playstation 2 game "Dodonpachi Daioujou" by Arika Corporation and CAVE Corporation.

Oh motherfucking snap, looks like Aqua System just emulated the PS2 version by stealing the source code and using it without permission from Arika and Cave. :lol

What now? Looks like BLE's run is over.

Not necessarily. Mihara (the guy who did the awesome PS2 Cave ports) is currently working with 5PB on DOJEx, so I think there's still hope for a patch.

manzo

danmaku said:
Not necessarily. Mihara (the guy who did the awesome PS2 Cave ports) is currently working with 5PB on DOJEx, so I think there's still hope for a patch.

I seriously hope so. The loading times are fucking hideous, I hope they fix those.

Put aside the loading times, I've tremendously enjoyed the port. I can finally 1cc up till the final stage...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Quite honestly, after playing M2's amazing port of Mushihime-sama Futari, I honestly can't even look at my copy of Black Label Extra. It's a horrendous port.

Patch is coming end of Jan/early feb at the latest, according to Arika's Mihara's recent blog post.

This port is solid in regard to the actual Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label and White Label games. The free patch will fix all the bugs, remove the long loads, and make it all play smoothly. X-mode is also a fun, quality arrange mode (better than the Futari Arrange modes IMO). In a short time this port will be awesome.

Top Bottom