• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of a lame stand-alone update, but then again, most of them are. :lol Not surprising, and hey, Mario's recovery's been cranked up a notch or ten. Things like this give me hope that the characters will be more balanced than ever, since recovery is a HUGE weakness of Mario.

Now if only they could do something about Falco's sad, sad recovery... :_(

Onward, to tomorrow!

WastingPenguins said:
Kind of a lame stand-alone update, but then again, most of them are. :lol

Onward, to tomorrow!

The last couple have actually been pretty nice. Delfino Plaza stage, Yoshi's Story music and Pokeymans were great.

Linkzg said:
that just reminds of how much I want a dragon roost island level just to have that music

Mmmm.

I also just had another idea. Pretty crappy, but I was thinking it would be cool to have a stage set in Goron Mines where you fight that mini-boss who you have to chuck into the lava from the big platform.

In Smash, the platform could tilt depending on which side the characters are on (so if everyone's on the left, it will tilt and characters could slip off into the lava below). And the Goron music could be playing (check that link above for an orchestrated version).

Stupid idea, but I keep getting small ideas like this. I'm more excited every day for this game. :)

Screenboy

Alkaliine said:
Mmmm.

I also just had another idea. Pretty crappy, but I was thinking it would be cool to have a stage set in Goron Mines where you fight that mini-boss who you have to chuck into the lava from the big platform.

In Smash, the platform could tilt depending on which side the characters are on (so if everyone's on the left, it will tilt and characters could slip off into the lava below). And the Goron music could be playing (check that link above for an orchestrated version).

Stupid idea, but I keep getting small ideas like this. I'm more excited every day for this game. :)

or it could be the bowser stage from mario 64.

Innotech

Banned
Linkzg said:
that just reminds of how much I want a dragon roost island level just to have that music
All the music in that game was amazing. Especially the Sailing overworld music and the legendary hero Zelda theme. god I love that game so much.

Thriller

aww man i really hope they will put the kirby level with the tree in the game again, ill rule the ssbb universe from up there:lol

traveler

Not Wario
Alkaliine said:
http://www.thehylia.com/soundtrack-bbl.php

If you scroll down you'll find a Big Band version of the Delfino Plaza theme and it sounds awesome. Hopefully the Brawl version is just as good. :D

Holy crap! That whole concert is amazing. Thanks much for the link.

Edit: To Jenga's post below; since enviromental interaction and change seems to be one of the focuses in terms of level design that we've seen thus far, I'd say Smithy's Factory would be a pretty worthy candidate. And since we're talking about Mario RPG, let me throw up another character pipedream. Everyone says Geno but neglects to mention these guys:

patorix_axemrangers.jpg

ant1532

Banned
Is it just me or is anyone loving the clean crisp look of these Battlefield pics.

149fs831313.jpg

149fs831286.jpg

149fs831082.jpg

And come on guys/girls , try and stop directly hotlinking images from the official site.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Alkaliine said:
http://www.thehylia.com/soundtrack-bbl.php

If you scroll down you'll find a Big Band version of the Delfino Plaza theme and it sounds awesome. Hopefully the Brawl version is just as good. :D

So thats where we can listen to each song individually. Thanks for posting it. :) I really like this version of the theme but I have a strong feeling we'll get something closer to the original version for Brawl.

(Its track 12 for anyone having trouble finding it.)

Firestorm

WastingPenguins said:
Kind of a lame stand-alone update, but then again, most of them are. :lol Not surprising, and hey, Mario's recovery's been cranked up a notch or ten. Things like this give me hope that the characters will be more balanced than ever, since recovery is a HUGE weakness of Mario.

Now if only they could do something about Falco's sad, sad recovery... :_(

Onward, to tomorrow!

Improve Falco? What? No. Screw you >=o Keep his recovery the same. it's like the only thing he's got going against him.

kizmah

How can anyone bitch about the updates? I mean, we're getting new screens from this game 5 days/week. And most of them look pretty sweet!

My guess would be 4 players online at max, which is fine with me, though 8 would've been cooler (fat chance).

I'm actually rather intrigued with today's update. I don't think they beefed up just Mario's recovery, since Mario has always been the "balanced" character. I think it's indeed a hint of how much arieal battling will play a part in the new Smash, which sounds kind of exciting.

ant1532

Banned
Info thanks to Cosmonaut X.

For reference, these are the stages which appeared in the last entry in the series, Super Smash Bros. Melee:

Original:

Battlefield **
Final Destination

Ice Climbers:

Icicle Mountain

Mario:

Princess Peach's Castle
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Island 2
Yoshi's Story
Mushroom Kingdom
Mushroom Kingdom 2

Donkey Kong:

Kongo Jungle
Kongo Jungle 2
Jungle Japes

Zelda:

Great Bay
Hyrule Temple

Kirby:

Fountain of Dreams
Green Greens
Dream Land
Dream Land 2

Star Fox:

Corneria
Venom

Metroid:

Brinstar
Brinstar Depths

Earthbound:

Onett
Fourside

F-Zero:

Mute City
Big Blue

Pokemon:

Pokemon Stadium **
Poke Floats

Game & Watch:

Flat Zone

(stages marked with ** are confirmed/semi-confirmed to reappear in SSBB)

ant1532

Banned
Ok the makeover OP is posted so check it out if you haven't already. Everyone thank Cosmonaut X for it! He did a pretty ****ing great job with it.

Cush

ant1532 said:
Ok the makeover OP is posted so check it out if you haven't already. Everyone thank Cosmonaut X for it! He did a pretty ****ing great job with it.

Looks amazing - well done.

Keru_Shiri said:
My guess would be 4 players online at max, which is fine with me, though 8 would've been cooler (fat chance).

I'm actually rather intrigued with today's update. I don't think they beefed up just Mario's recovery, since Mario has always been the "balanced" character. I think it's indeed a hint of how much arieal battling will play a part in the new Smash, which sounds kind of exciting.

Honestly I would be happy with 1v1, since last time we heard the developer wasn't too confident about the online component of the game.

Dr.Hadji

GaimeGuy said:
It might just be the particular photos we got, but mario's recovery looks freaking ridiculous in brawl

Its pretty much the same as it was in Melee. You see, this is why lame updates like this are good. The more you know...

ant1532

Banned
Dr.Hadji said:
Its pretty much the same as it was in Melee. You see, this is why lame updates like this are good. The more you know...
Mario's Up B definitely has more horizontal thrust now in then Melee's

Dr.Hadji

ant1532 said:
Mario's Up B definitely has more horizontal thrust now in then Melee's

Nope. Mario has a degree of control over his Up-B. Just like Roy, Mario has a 45 degree Up-B as well. If you do that you get the same range as you do in the Brawl pics.

ant1532

Banned
Dr.Hadji said:
Nope. Mario has a degree of control over his Up-B. Just like Roy, Mario has a 45 degree Up-B as well. If you do that you get the same range as you do in the Brawl pics.
Yeah I know(used to play as Mario), but with those pics the horizontal lift still looks a lot more horizantal. Like a 65 degree thrust

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Good job Cosmo and ant. I like that theres so many pictures, and Meta Knight at the top. :) Meta is the first character I'm playing as if he's a starter character.

Another item today maybe?

Alkaliine said:
Honestly I would be happy with 1v1, since last time we heard the developer wasn't too confident about the online component of the game.
Honestly, I too would also be happy with 1v1, if it meant a perfect 1v1 game as opposed to a shoddy 4 man setup, and I know 8 people is all but out of the question, but hey, a man can dream right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom