• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 Reviews Thread

Schlorgan

Best analysis I've read on the release date situation. Thanks.

No problem. :)

I think it is definitely an insane move, but I don't think it's stupid, I think it's actually pretty ballsy of them, and shows a confidence from EA and Respawn for their game that contrasts nicely with the lack of confidence that Activision seems to have with IW.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I could see this game being like Rainbow 6 siege. Slow start, but good word of mouth helping it build a healthy community.

Exactly what I'm hoping for. This has a quality campaign too, so that will help get more people to jump in down the line on top of the free DLC.

Fantastic scores! I played the hell out of Titanfall 1 on XB1. Problem is I'm balls deep in Gears 4, Destiny, and BF1 at the moment. Who ever decided the release date on TF2 should be fired. This would normally be day 1 for me. Now it's I'll wait till it's on sale next year

Ellite25

It's a shame the beta wasn't very good. Really turned me off from this game. And I have BF1 right now which great, no need to hop on TF2 at the moment. Nice to see it reviewing well though.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Exactly what I'm hoping for. This has a quality campaign too, so that will help get more people to jump in down the line on top of the free DLC.

Speaking of free DLC, we considered that and factored in the score a bit. Definitely like this "all free maps, modes and weapons" thing.

For those who's going to play the SP (and you should), there's a post-credits scene. Nothing too big, but it's there and people might miss it. :)

Lren

Happy to see the positive reviews! Just started my preload for the PC version, it's gonna be a long week lol.

Rizific

nice to see it reviewing well! the no pc beta left a sour taste for me, ill wait to see how the pc community receives it.

Anyone know anything about the PC version? I can get it cheaper than the console version, but I want to know if it's a good port (the first one was but I don't want to assume anything) and I'm worried the audience will vanish.

jeffc919

Looking forward to this and I'm glad to see it being reviewed well. I've said this before but I really feel the devs did an amazing job of listening to feedback from the tech test and implementing changes so quickly. I half expected the game would be delayed into next year with little time to react but somehow they pulled it off, so congrats to them. They also stayed engaged with a fan base that was downright rude at times (so no different than any other game really). I hope they are rewarded with a successful launch and exceed their sales targets.

For me, I'm sure I'll be splitting most of my playing time between this and Battlefield for the foreseeable future, which is fine by me. I love Battlefield so far but sometimes a change of pace to a faster paced smaller scale FPS helps keep both games more fresh. It might have gotten hard to find time for everything if I actually enjoyed my time with the COD beta last week but that was so bad (in my opinion) that it solved that "problem".

Tokubetsu

Anyone know anything about the PC version? I can get it cheaper than the console version, but I want to know if it's a good port (the first one was but I don't want to assume anything) and I'm worried the audience will vanish.

Port seems good, they did a huge pc only event a couple weeks back and frothy has a bunch of footage from there and there was a settings screen floating around on reddit as well.

Here's a gif to celebrate:
JjoEXlL.gif

Unknown?

Anyone think it won't review as highly now that it isn't backed by Microsoft? Seriously the marketing machine behind the first laid it on way too thick and the reviews just seemed fake like they were paid for or something.

Chris1

Anyone think it won't review as highly now that it isn't backed by Microsoft? Seriously the marketing machine behind the first laid it on way too thick and the reviews just seemed fake like they were paid for or something.
Lmao what is it with this thread?

TItanfall 2 is reviewing higher than Titanfall 1.

So happy to see the initial positive reaction because the beta had me very disappointed after loving the original. Respawn's response was promising, but I decided not to preorder & instead wait for impressions from gamers before deciding to buy. I played so much multiplayer, & have so many other multiplayer shooters to choose from that I'd probably be ok with just a solid campaign- the one thing I really wish we had in the original.

Not picking it up at launch because the beta didn't do it for me. Still disappointed with a lot of the changes they made but for a lot of people they won't even notice, so in the end I guess it doesn't really matter too much.

Still excited to get to this eventually though.

87 seems pretty strong to me, it feels like the media narrative is that they rated the original too highly, which made me think TF2 might face a bit of a backlash. Between this and BF1, EA is really killing it. And by it I mean COD, hopefully.

Raptor

Port seems good, they did a huge pc only event a couple weeks back and frothy has a bunch of footage from there and there was a settings screen floating around on reddit as well.

JjoEXlL.gif

What the fuck, is that from the game?

Izuna

Banned
Polygon's review says Cloak causes camping.

Honestly, I feel like the change in radar is the biggest offender here. I don't mind, fuck it. If the MP is marginally more fun than the Alpha Tech Test then fine, it's the only MP shooter I ought to play anyway.

The purpose of the campaign being better than expected is because I want more of a "pool" to play with. Other than that, I feel like 7 doesn't sound disastrous. Unless, as the other reviewers say, the Campaign really is the bee's knees.

I'm not hyped for it, but I'm certainly looking forward to trying it. I felt negative about the Doom Campaign for not posing enough of a challenge (although since I'm almost done with the Arcade Mode getting Slayer medals, I forgive half of that complaint) ~ if Titanfall 2 doesn't deliver with its platforming, I'm certain the combat won't.

I personally would have to be extremely surprised for this game to be more than an 8 for me. So we'll see.

jacobs34

Looks like people are really enjoying this. I'm out of town this weekend, so I'll probably wait until next week to pick it up. Hopefully some of the more experienced players will have some thoughts on the game by then.

JjoEXlL.gif

That's good to hear. But man, the PC community for the first one died so fast and so hard. Scared to buy that version this time and have the same thing happen.

Granjinha

lol

some people just don't make any sense

Septic360

Banned

JjoEXlL.gif

Bah if only the game looked that good.....one day!

RESPAWN WHY U NO USE FROSTBITE?!

Schlorgan

When will we be getting an OT for this game?

RESPAWN WHY U NO USE FROSTBITE?!

I think it's a mix of that adding a lot more time and work, but also I can see them wanting to be as independent as possible. Part of their deal with EA is that they can leave if they're not liking the relationship anymore and using Frostbite would complicate that.

That's good to hear. But man, the PC community for the first one died so fast and so hard. Scared to buy that version this time and have the same thing happen.

This is not TF1. The PC community became scant because the game did not have a lot of longevity, the map packs created a division in the community, and there were better alternatives for shooters on PC in light of the first two issues. Fixing the first two problems may fix the third and the community may end up being as strong as consoles.

Top Bottom