• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will PS2 NFL2K5 servers get cut short?

Mooreberg

I'm picking up ESPN NFL 2K5 today, though I'm not entirely sure which version. I'm not getting Xbox Live until November (take a wild guess which game this is for), but they guarantee you'll always be able to play it online. I could just do a single player franchise until then.

I can play PS2 online now, but if ESPN Basketball was any indication last year, the ghetto jockeys at Sega will probably be too cheap to keep the servers running any longer than they have to. Love or hate EA, they at least put a date on the back of the box that assures you how long it will be playable online.

Has Sega said anything about how long they will maintain servers for? Is there a date (ie 06/30/05) on the back of the box or anything?

I'm sure they'll run the PS2 servers as long as there is demand. ESPN Football 2K4 servers were up for a long time. PS2 server stability was horrible last year though, and Xbox gets leagues this year. No reason to go PS2. 2K5 probably comes with a free 2 months of Live anyway.

Mooreberg

I'll probably get the Xbox version then. I just hope they do roster updates fast. I need me some Wilfork.

fit_wilfork.jpg

i got a 2 month free with my espn 2k5..

if someone wants it, PM me.. but to the topic starter, just get ESPN 2k5 for xbox.. and use that 2 months free.

Top Bottom