• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Software Sales: 2013 Top 20 Half-Year Chart (Has actual numbers)

Bruno MB

The latest issue of GamesMarkt magazine features an interesting report about the European software sales during the first half of the year.

Top 20 All Format Charts from January to June 2013
(All SKU's, normal and special editions)

uq3iU7A.jpg

Top 10 Publisher
Software Market Share (Value)

01. (=) Electronic Arts - 17,25% (-2,14)
02. (↑) Nintendo - 11,82% (+0,50)
03. (↓) Activision Blizzard - 11,51% (-1,79)
04. (↑) Sony CEE - 8,78% (+2,37)
05. (↓) Ubisoft - 8,54% (+0,67)
06. (=) Take-Two Int. - 5,07% (+0,51)
07. (↑) Square Enix - 5,02% (k.v.m.)
08. (=) Namco Bandai - 4,22% (+0,60)
09. (↓) Microsoft - 4,11% (-0,18)
10. (↑) Warner Interact. - 2,77% (k.v.m.)

I don't know what k.v.m. stands for, the article is written in German.

Source: media control® GfK International

The data here takes into account video games sold from retail outlets in 20 European countries. Those countries include: Austria, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Sweden, Denmark, UK, Ireland, Finland, Norway, Russia, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Greece. Digital sales are not included.
The current report is compiled by using data of each participating country, fully extrapolated by each country manager to 100 per cent of local market coverage.

Road

Thanks for transcribing!

I wonder if they did something similar for the entire 2012. MVC reported the one for 2010.

Surprised by GoW:A. Going by a lot of people here I thought it bombed, but it is probably over a million WW by now right? Especially once factoring the Console bundle and digital sales.

DaBoss

EA is pretty strong in Europe.

Also, what's up with the ASP for NSMB2 and LM2? I thought games had an MSRP of 39.99 Euros?

Nintendo is 2nd place with only two titles in the top 20. Crazy

Maybe lots of their games are just outside of the top 20.

No Minecraft or Animal Crossing?

Did Animal Crossing come out before June 2013 in Europe?

And yea, no Minecraft is surprising, but I guess it wouldn't do as strong outside of the UK maybe?

Nintendo is 2nd place with only two titles in the top 20. Crazy

Didn't people say that the lower gaming revenues in the European market being reported in sales reports were because of Nintendo's market share shrinking and not a contraction in the overall market? I'm guessing Nintendo used have an even larger share than they do currently.

Shahed

How come the ASP for God of War is so high? Same for Tomb Raider? I seem to remember pretty hefty discounts for those very soon after release

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
EA is pretty strong in Europe.

Also, what's up with the ASP for NSMB2 and LM2? I thought games had an MSRP of 39.99 Euros?

44.99€.

Although you can find deals all over (e.g. NSMB2 is €30 on Amazon.it right now), retail chains like malls/supermarkets/etc usually sells the highest percentage by far and, barring special promotions, they usually sell videogames at MSRP.

TLOU numbers are insane.

Can someone tell me if they have discounted the prices in EU markets yet?

I think it's dropped by a whopping £3-4 here in stores in the UK, most stores had it prices at about £43. Now it's 39.99, with online retailers that price too and been that price since launch.

B.O.O.M

I think it's dropped by a whopping £3-4 here in stores in the UK, most stores had it prices at about £43. Now it's 39.99, with online retailers that price too and been that price since launch.

Thanks for the info

ND/Sony must be really really happy about the performance. They now go into next gen with another big new IP on their hands.

Far Cry 3 ahead of Bioshock and Crysis, amazing. Crazy numbers for The Last of Us.

Minecraft wouldn't be on a top 20 for revenue unless it did 3x the number 20 game.

DaBoss

Far Cry 3 ahead of Bioshock and Crysis, amazing. Crazy numbers for The Last of Us.

Minecraft wouldn't be on a top 20 for revenue unless it did 3x the number 20 game.

Ahh, didn't realize it was ordered by revenue. I should really read the chart the next time lol.

44.99€.

Although you can find deals all over (e.g. NSMB2 is €30 on Amazon.it right now), retail chains like malls/supermarkets/etc usually sells the highest percentage by far and, barring special promotions, they usually sell videogames at MSRP.

Wow, NOE should really drop the MSRP, that is way too high. It should be at most 35€.

Raist

Banned
TLoU's perf is especially impressive considering that pretty much all of the Top 10 is multiplatform titles.

Definitely over a million by now since NPD reported that it made around 570K during its first month alone.

Well, it sold 600K in its first month in the US according to NPD so...

Not bad for a game made by a second team and for a franchise considered to be "suffering from franchise fatigue". That said, a setting change and a new mythos are in order for God of War.

Kratos going to war with Norse gods would be awesome, and could fit the two worlds colliding easter egg from Ascension. Valhalla colliding with Earth.

kswiston

I wonder what Skyrim is up to in Worldwide sales by this point. Almost 500k sales in Europe is pretty impressive for a game that came out in 2011. Especially since this doesn't take digital sales into consideration.

Ditto for Battlefield, but at least EA gives us sales updates for that title.

I-hate-u

Financially speaking, Sony/ND would be crazy not to make another TLOU. I mean, what other new IP performed this well this generation?

Surprised by GoW:A. Going by a lot of people here I thought it bombed, but it is probably over a million WW by now right? Especially once factoring the Console bundle and digital sales.

I don't know about elsewhere, but it dropped in price to around £20 within a couple of weeks of release in the UK. That's pretty much one of the main reasons why it hung around the UK chart as long as it did.

That's pretty damn terrible for a GoW game, GoW3 did over 5 million. Sony slashing the game's price a month after a release was very telling.
TR did very well.

AHA-Lambda

Dat failing Tomb Raider

I'm shocked at the legs in Far Cry 3, I thought that game would do well but motherofgod.

Also, Judgment must really have done terribly to be at the bottom here.

I wonder what Skyrim is up to in Worldwide sales by this point. Almost 500k sales in Europe is pretty impressive for a game that came out in 2011. Especially since this doesn't take digital sales into consideration.

Ditto for Battlefield, but at least EA gives us sales updates for that title.

The vast majority of those Skyrim sales are probably of the Legendary Edition, which came out at the start of June.

Top Bottom