• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

never judge ur team's ability based on composition... I just had a match on King's Row defense w/ (me the only tank, D.Va) a Hanzo + Torb + Ana (only healer) and in my head I had already given up... and then when I seen't the enemy was running Rein + Zen + Lucio I was like 'FUUUUUU' but, lmao, SOMEhow we pulled out a win. xD

Sometimes people try to force play the meta when they aren't actually good as the characters. Any time a team expects me to be the Reinhardt in a 2-2-2 setup is going to be sorely disappointed in my performance.

It's only a problem if your team doesn't know about the spot. You obviously do, so if someone wants to use it then all you have to do is win a 6v5 team fight, then go kill them.

We didn't, and we lost. Stood around the payload like morons for 20 seconds before we realized what was going on. Count on me to use it all the time now though.

Jellie

Got some questions for any of you Tracer experts (PS4 here)

- How do you deal with Roadhog? You've got a 900 HP hero (Assuming he will heal mid fight) who can hook you and one shot you on a fairly low cooldown. Any tips?

- Any tips for dealing with Junkrat? His grenades can nearly one shot you and his trap is basically death.

- Any tips in general? I'm trying to get better with a DPS hero and I've always enjoyed playing Tracer at lower levels. At higher skill levels though, Im getting creamed.

-Bait out his hook. I think on PS4 you can't do it reactively since lower tick servers. Headshot you as much as possible, especially while he heals. He'll probably hook again after he heals. I think roadhog's hook may have problems targetting if you are really close to him but I'm not sure.
-Junkrat is tough to fight as Tracer. If you do have to face him look out for traps, and flank him. If you can dodge his mine and traps you can kill him fairly easily. Stay as far as you can from him while still in effective range from damage so you can dodge his grenades.
-Don't be predictable.
-If you are on high ground with somebody and about to die if you drop down to escape they have to either follow you or stay up top. If they drop down with you recall and you'll be on the high ground while they aren't.
-Target the support and learn to one clip if you can.
-Don't engage by yourself. Once your team engages get their backline while they are distracted. They either turn to deal with you and your team can get them or they ignore you. Also attack from different angles to your team.

AbaFadi

Banned
After today I have the rest of the week off and I plan on streaming a lot of Overwatch.

I'm creeping up on Top500 on PSN, so it should be a decent show.

I've also added Reaper to my list of playables. So you'll likely see me playing these characters:

Reaper
Tracer
Mei
Bastion
Roadhog
Zarya
Zenyatta
Ana

What's the cutoff for top 500 right now? Last I checked I'm at 3926 and that puts me around 230 I believe.

PatjuhR

Sometimes people try to force play the meta when they aren't actually good as the characters. Any time a team expects me to be the Reinhardt in a 2-2-2 setup is going to be sorely disappointed in my performance.

I'm 40% as support and 60-70% win-rate as offense. I noticed that stat and I kinda decided I won't play support for a while. Maybe it's selfish or something, but it's like you said. Nobody going to like it when I play support, they just don't know it yet.

xaosslug

This applies to a lot situations, really.

Like, did you just get rezzed as Mercy and you're trying to activate your deathblossom within all that chaos? Hold that shit down, don't spam it.

Has Mei frozen you, and you're trying to escape? Hold that shade form ability down.

yep, also works w/ D.Va when you're out of your meka if Roadhog hooks you, and your meka call is up. The suit slamming down to the ground will also send Roadhog flying back a ways :D

indeed. I was flabbergasted to say the least, especially by the Ana's performance. The whole match was kind of surreal, tbh. lol

AngryMoth

Tracer vs Roadhog you gotta bait the hook and blink out of the way. Honestly if I'm 1v1 a lot of times I'll end up retreating cos it can be hard to take him out before the hook comes back up unless you are really nailing your headshots.

For junkrat my advice is just don't approach him through doorways and in tight spaces. In open spaces it's easy to run rings around him.

I think the thing you should focus on as a tracer player though is flanking and taking out supports. It's pretty easy to 1 clip a zenyatta cos of hits hitbox. Then focus on being a harassment for the enemy team and working together with your team to take out tanks and dps heroes.

Blues1990

I think Blizzard's main priority with her redesign is making her less of a Point A defense character. Her gun has nothing to do with this problem. So it doesn't need to be changed. If anything, I think they will redesign her kit so that the teleporter is less important or has greater utility.

It will be interesting to see how this will play out. Really, has any other character in the roster had such an extensive re-work? (Bastion is the only one that comes to mind.)

So today on the awful Blizz forums someone asked for dancing emotes. Kaplan said "we are working on lots of emotes, I think you'll be pleased, no ETA'

And someone posted this little 100 view YouTube video. Need 76 Dad dance emote now.

https://youtu.be/IwXVa3_AFTU

Given how Tracer was the only hero that had a laughing emote, and with Lucio being the only hero with a dancing emote, it's safe to assume we will be getting down with our dirty selves in the future! (Roadhog needs to do the macarena dance).

I ran into a lot of players intentionally throwing games last night. Luckily they were always on the other team except for this one match where a 3 man refused to try because they didn't want a Mercy on the team. She was the only one who actually picked a support so it was weird that they were so adamant about her switching. Only Ana or Lucio is good enough I guess.

Just had a guy quit on KOTH because we lost the first and second pushes on the first point. He stayed just long enough that the rest of the team was fucked. There seriously needs to be more severe leaver penalties.

Sad part was our team was good enough to take the point a few times even when it was 5v6. If he'd stayed we may have had a chance. Idiot.

I'm 40% as support and 60-70% win-rate as offense. I noticed that stat and I kinda decided I won't play support for a while. Maybe it's selfish or something, but it's like you said. Nobody going to like it when I play support, they just don't know it yet.

Heh - I noticed the opposite. My win rate is great as Support but meh as Offense. Tanks I'm okay with as long as I'm not Rein.

So today on the awful Blizz forums someone asked for dancing emotes. Kaplan said "we are working on lots of emotes, I think you'll be pleased, no ETA'

And someone posted this little 100 view YouTube video. Need 76 Dad dance emote now.

https://youtu.be/IwXVa3_AFTU

And this kind of stuff is EXACTLY why I wanted to watch the art panels and am so annoyed at the fact that I couldn't despite laying down 30 bucks. :(

Given how Tracer was the only hero that had a laughing emote, and with Lucio being the only hero with a dancing emote, it's safe to assume we will be getting down with our dirty selves in the future! (Roadhog needs to do the macarena dance).

Macarena? Pshaw.
Bellydancing is where it's at.

This applies to a lot situations, really.

Like, did you just get rezzed as Mercy and you're trying to activate your deathblossom within all that chaos? Hold that shit down, don't spam it.

Has Mei frozen you, and you're trying to escape? Hold that shade form ability down.

The same is true for Roadhog's left click after hook though. If you hold left click when you hook someone, you'll fire once you are able too, and before the target can react. So if the Roadhog doesn't miss his shot, holding an escape skill button like Tracer's recall won't save you :p

Dreavus

Any predictions on what the Sombra cosmetics situation will be like?

Do you guys think it will be like Ana and just have everything available right when she comes out? I'm cynically wondering if they'll pull a "Halloween" and make the credit price higher at release or something like that.

Do you guys think it will be like Ana and just have everything available right when she comes out? I'm cynically wondering if they'll pull a "Halloween" and make the credit price higher at release or something like that.

It will be like Ana. They already showed off the Legendaries she'll be launching with, and at least one of the highlight intros also was shown in the gameplay trailer.

Also, I sincerely doubt they'll crank up the base price of her cosmetics. They didn't do it with Ana, and they also would catch a lot of backlash from the community for it.

eek5

I'm like 1W 4L with Rein because people keep making me pick him. I straight up tell them that I suck at it too ;_;

Jellie

Should be the same as Ana. Not sure why it would be triple cost, it's not a limited time item.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
it would need ot be like 10,000 credits if I gotta sit through 15 HOTS games you sure ain't getting that shit for some 1k credits

Blues1990

it would need ot be like 10,000 credits if I gotta sit through 15 HOTS games you sure ain't getting that shit for some 1k credits

3000 Credits is the standard for the rarer skins, so that would be the standard for the rarer skins.

Oh absolutely. I don't mind if it's even higher than 1000 in game currency

I agree. There are those who don't have a decent gaming PC, so this being an alternative avenue would be a good compromise.

Apathy

I'd really like to get the hero frames along the top of the screen like when watching a stream. Easy way to see who's alive and who isn't, even if it only showed my team (although you can see both teams when you tab)

3000 Credits is the standard for the rarer skins, so that would be the standard for the rarer skins.

No. 3000 is the amount they used for Halloween skins. The previous limited-run skins were completely unable to be purchased. There's no reason to believe they have established a "standard" yet.

Personally, I would bet that Oni is completely unable to be purchased.

mollipen

nobody goes into the game thinking 'i'm gonna main support'

Playing support (and specifically Mercy) was the entire reason I got interested in trying Overwatch in the first place. That's the only thing I wanted to play. :(

Yes maybe I am a little bit of a masochist, why are you asking me that?

Woooo! Top 500!

fcpyVWR.jpg

I had posted before like 4 weeks after season 2 started but I think I had that bug where on consoles it would give you the Top500 emblem if you were actually Top600.

Now, I'm currently rank 462, so I know I've got it for sure. Before I think I was rank 512.

Maybe we can play sometime. Add me if you want:

PSN: AbadabadaFadi (same as my username)

My name is kinda long lol, give me your PSN ID and I can add you when I get home.

Absolutely. Be warned though. I'm super easy going and typically very optimistic (Go team optimism!).

My PSN ID is
Kor_of_Memory

The same is true for Roadhog's left click after hook though. If you hold left click when you hook someone, you'll fire once you are able too, and before the target can react. So if the Roadhog doesn't miss his shot, holding an escape skill button like Tracer's recall won't save you :p

Then it becomes an issue of, do you have information (that you should hold the button down) that the enemy doesn't? I mean, lets be honest: A hook should kill a Tracer. The solution we're talking about here might save a Tracers life 1 out of 20 times.

I'd really like to get the hero frames along the top of the screen like when watching a stream. Easy way to see who's alive and who isn't, even if it only showed my team (although you can see both teams when you tab)

You have kill feed on right? It's not exactly that, but it's definitely helpful.

xaosslug

yesh, IDK why they have this in pro matches but not for us laypeeps? Why should the game be MORE difficult for us? LOL

Jellie

Woooo! Top 500!

I had posted before like 4 weeks after season 2 started but I think I had that bug where on consoles it would give you the Top500 emblem if you were actually Top600.

Now, I'm currently rank 462, so I know I've got it for sure. Before I think I was rank 512.
Yeah I had that bug I think. I was 504 on PS4 if I remember correctly. Might have been top 500 initially and then fell to 504 in the time between top 500 release and me logging on.

I think I should stop playing support in solo queue. Got to 3250 from 2564 (PC) using Zarya then reached my season high with Ana at 3262 but since I've only used Ana I yoyoed from 3100s-3200s and finally dropped to 2966. Might try and pick up Winston but that requires a lot of team coordination.

Apathy

You have kill feed on right? It's not exactly that, but it's definitely helpful.

Yup I have it on, just annoying hitting tab to see if everyone on my team is dead

No he means like hp and stuff. Kind like the Junkenstein event.

Yeah

I know, I said it wasn't the same but still provides very good info. They obviously won't show you the health of the enemy team. You can also turn on allied health bars which is very helpful.

Yeah, it's just more about not needing to hit tab to see your team at a glance. I think it would make a good ui option to have.

It will be like Ana. They already showed off the Legendaries she'll be launching with, and at least one of the highlight intros also was shown in the gameplay trailer.

Also, I sincerely doubt they'll crank up the base price of her cosmetics. They didn't do it with Ana, and they also would catch a lot of backlash from the community for it.

While I don't think Blizzard will crank up cosmetic prices for non-seasonal events, I do sincerely believe we'll be seeing more 1000 credit "Legendary" emotes like D.Va's Mountain Dew / Doritos emote, and maybe even 1000 credit "Legendary" highlight intros and voicelines.

While I don't think Blizzard will crank up cosmetic prices for non-seasonal events, I do sincerely believe we'll be seeing more 1000 credit "Legendary" emotes D.Va's Mountain Dew / Doritos emote, and maybe even 1000 credit "Legendary" highlight intros and voicelines.

Sure, but that's a different thing than what the poster I quoted suggested.

Tovarisc

While I don't think Blizzard will crank up cosmetic prices for non-seasonal events, I do sincerely believe we'll be seeing more 1000 credit "Legendary" emotes D.Va's Mountain Dew / Doritos emote, and maybe even 1000 credit "Legendary" highlight intros and voicelines.

More they push expensive in-game credit items more they inflate value of it while promotes using shortcuts. Especially after they demolish level XP requirement reset model.

Top Bottom