• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get is the Wii U is more powerful then PS3 & 360, so you'd expect this
Killer_freaks_05.jpg

But we get this instead
killer-freaks-from-outer-space-wii-u-screenshot.jpg

Which look like a early 360 game......did I miss something?

Gaf still cant tell from concept arts,beta, and rumors it seem...

What I don't get is the Wii U is more powerful then PS3 & 360, so you'd expect this
[a screen from what's clearly an FMV]
But we get this instead
[a screen from an ugly alpha build on a weaker dev kit that likely has no bearing on the final game]

Gee, I wonder what you missed. Hmm. It's a mystery, I guess!

botty

Banned
Killer_freaks_05.jpg

But we get this instead
killer-freaks-from-outer-space-wii-u-screenshot.jpg

This is exactly why Nintendo didn't allow 3rd parties to show stuff at e3.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
What I don't get is why you didn't do research before you posted this.
I typed in Wii U games & thats all I got, I was generally just wanting to know what it was capable of, I know killer freaks was originally raving rabbids game, but thats all I got
plus I don't see it jumping that much in quality in year, but ya thats CG stuff or close to that is what I expect from next gen
Just wait until E3, Killer freaks's demo was a early version running on a early dev-kit, besides even if that turned up to be disappointing - I don't get my hopes too high on Ubisoft launch games - no way that's the game that is going to showcase WiiU's potential.
Incidentally Xbox360 had Perfect dark - that's not much regarded tech-wise - at launch.
hopefully, I'm just a little confused, I've seen Zelda & this & the rest of the games I've heard about are multiplatform....which I don't have faith in showing what the system can do, and Zelda don't look above anything we ain't seen on 360 & PS3, more like GCN game in HD, was there nothing else shown for the Wii U?
target renders will do lol

And yes I do want the little critter to look like the CG one :-D

I typed in Wii U games & thats all I got, I was generally just wanting to know what it was capable of, I know killer freaks was originally raving rabbids game, but thats all I got
plus I don't see it jumping that much in quality in year, but ya thats CG stuff or close to that is what I expect from next gen

hopefully, I'm just a little confused, I've seen Zelda & this & the rest of the games I've heard about are multiplatform....which I don't have faith in showing what the system can do, and Zelda don't look above anything we ain't seen on 360 & PS3, more like GCN game in HD, was there nothing else shown for the Wii U?

Grammar plus bolded...
Wow...

lenovox1

Um. This:
ust5c.jpg

Is pretty obviously not a Gamecube game in HD (though, if they use the same assets, it technically is?), which looks like this:
GkfRh.jpg

If it's not up to your standards or you don't like the art style, I'd understand. But the Zelda HD Experience looked pretty far beyond the Gamecube game it stole it's assets from.

lol, you can't be serious.

TunaLover

I like to have your GameCube.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Let's see if I can type this before you get trounced on...

And yes I do want the little critter to look like the CG one :-D
The first picture you posted is neither concept art nor target renderings. It is taken from Ubisoft's trailer for the game which is a live action commercial. It is in no way comparible, nor ever intended to be. The creature professional quality CGI. Look a little harder and you can find the "making of" for the trailer.

Postman

Banned
Just look at the text in the upper left corner. It is clear blown up from much much smaller pics of a video of the game.

It is nothing but troll bait .

lednerg

The Killer Freaks game we saw at E3 was an alpha 360 build ported over to a prototype Wii U kit in a matter of weeks. It even had a blue X button on the HUD (for "reload"). The only purpose was to demonstrate the new controller at Ubi's Wii U press meeting. It wasn't meant to be a graphical demo.

EDIT: As for Zelda, if you can't see it, then I guess you just can't see it. The floor footage of the bird demo was more impressive to me, actually.

I gotta say, if people are expecting loads of games that'll look like Samaritan next generation, just don't. No, I'm not talking about hardware power, but rather the crazy amount of time and money it would cost to make games that look like that. Remember the Killzone and Motorstorm teasers way back when, and how everyone and their sister was saying that's how all PS3 games were going to look? Hardware doesn't make pretty games, it only helps make them possible.

only thing that bothers me in the Zelda video is that the flames don't react to a massive spider spinning around them...other than that, I'm sure we will never see dat graphical style

frostbyte

Killer Freaks will be the first Ubisoft game I buy in a while.
It looks cool.

Really? I think it looks kind of bad, tbh. The type of game that you'll play for a while during launch and has mildly fun MP but ends up being ditched and never seen again when the good games actually come.

Cookychan

Banned
Really? I think it looks kind of bad, tbh. The type of game that you'll play for a while during launch and has mildly fun MP but ends up being ditched and never seen again when the good games actually come.

Part of it stems from them looking like Rabbids, I despise them, so it'd be fun to go on a Rabbid Massacre.
I already have Ninja Gaiden, Darksiders II for launch and maybe Pikmin 3, so I might skip it for a month though.

I don't think anyone should worry about the eye candy quality of Freaks when it's finished. The proof-of-concept E3 demo looked pre-Alpha to me. The game is going to be powered by the LyN Engine and it's a nice piece of kit. Ubisoft Paris produced some stunning visuals for Red Steel 2 on the Wii hardware locked at 60fps using the LyN Engine so you'll see the final game looking closer (but not identical, obviously lol) to the trailer than the proof-of-concept demo in terms of eye candy.

It's the game I'm looking forward to the most, the humour is right up my street, it's set in London and has an Englishman as the protagonist rather than the antagonist to make a pleasant change lol.

frostbyte

Part of it stems from them looking like Rabbids, I despise them, so it'd be fun to go on a Rabbid Massacre.
I already have Ninja Gaiden, Darksiders II for launch and maybe Pikmin 3, so I might skip it for a month though.

Yeah, I guess shooting those little buggers would be fun. Although I really don't see myself getting it with all the other stellar launch titles, unless it some how becomes amazing when showncased at e3.
I doubt it

Btw, what's happened to Light's face?

Cookychan

Banned
Yeah, I guess shooting those little buggers would be fun. Although I really don't see myself getting it with all the other stellar launch titles, unless it some how becomes amazing when showncased at e3.
I doubt it

Btw, what's happened to Light's face?

Haha, it's Reggie. A GAF user did it for me during the Nintendo Direct conference.

After watching Zelda Wii U tech demo footage again, I noticed HUD items like rupees and keys were implemented and had amounts. Does that mean that it was intended to be longer? Will we see more of it at E3?

LOCK

I also think there is much potential with Killer Freaks.

It has that serious but fun whimsy about it that could be either great or horrible. Hopefully it turns out great.

Vinci

Danish
I think my favorite part of Killer Freaks is the multiplayer aspect.

Yes, once again I am an asymmetrical whore.

Christine

I want to say I'm fucking tired of that spider picture, but then I have to ask myself why I visit this thread in the first place.

Star Fox Adventures might be a good point of comparison for a hypothetical near-er launch Zelda.

HylianTom

Banned
So.. I'm about to go to bed, then wake-up, and then drive deep into the middle of nowhere for the weekend (i.e., visiting in-laws in the middle of squeal-like-a-pig Mississippi).

Before I go, a question to all:
if you were given a gift - one item of information about the Wii U, be it an internal component, a launch title, the planned launch date, the pricing, etc... what would that one item be?

So.. I'm about to go to bed, then wake-up, and then drive deep into the middle of nowhere for the weekend (i.e., visiting in-laws in the middle of squeal-like-a-pig Mississippi).

if you were given a gift - one item of information about the Wii U, be it an internal component, a launch title, the planned launch date, the pricing, etc... what would that one item be?
I would take the GPU so people can stfu about that whole thing already. And it's also something we wouldn't get for a long time because it isn't something Nintendo would say, whereas games and stuff we'll hear of in a couple months or later.

Total system memory, including edram, storage and cache size. Would say a lot about perceived performance improvements in ports/OS/features, as well as theoretical policy restrictions on DLC/DD/patches/installs/etc.

Launch window line-up.

adroit

Some of my in-laws live in the deep southern woods of Alabama, in houses either they or their ancestors built themselves. What architects would call "uncoded structures." It's a whole different world.

One item: the complete script for their upcoming E3 presentation. I'm not asking for much. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom