• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

Lunar15

I'm real excited that UF's first game is against Michigan. Feels like the season is starting even earlier. It's easier to get excited about that than about going to play northern southhamptonshire or whatever.

Tyrone Swoopes is trying to make it as a Tight End for the Seahawks and he has had decent stats in pre-season so anything is possible

I keep looking at JF3 and thinking "someone needed to sit this nigga down and tell him he's not a QB earlier in his career". And maybe they did and he was just too proud to listen.

Player development is such a crapshoot. That's the game, but I always hope players like that get a shot somewhere on the field at the next level.

cdyhybrid

Tyrone Swoopes is trying to make it as a Tight End for the Seahawks and he has had decent stats in pre-season so anything is possible
He's intriguing but we're pretty deep at TE so it will be tough for him to make the roster.

He's probably playing for a practice squad spot or for a spot on another team.

andycapps

Oh. Oh my.

Not a bad take, though. Kinda hope he gets a shot at...something, though. Damn good athlete.

Ain't always meant to be, I suppose.

I don't think it's controversial at all. I've seen nothing from him as a QB to make me think he could play that position in the NFL. He could get picked up in later rounds or as a FA, but I don't see him starting. Then again, who knows. The Bears took Mitchell Trubisky as the #1 QB last year.

He's never played WR in college and as far as I know, he didn't play it in HS either. He doesn't seem very fast, obviously has no experience running routes or blocking..

If you can't tell, I haven't been impressed with JT Barrett's lack of improvement since he came to tOSU 10 years ago. A large portion of that falls on Urban though.

I don't think it's controversial at all. I've seen nothing from him as a QB to make me think he could play that position in the NFL. He could get picked up in later rounds or as a FA, but I don't see him starting. Then again, who knows. The Bears took Mitchell Trubisky as the #1 QB last year.

He's never played WR in college and as far as I know, he didn't play it in HS either. He doesn't seem very fast, obviously has no experience running routes or blocking..

If you can't tell, I haven't been impressed with JT Barrett's lack of improvement since he came to tOSU 10 years ago. A large portion of that falls on Urban though.

Oh, I don't disagree on your feelings about him as a QB. Unless he is a completely different player this year (which seems unlikely given his age), he's no NFL QB. I don't think he's a WR either, I suppose, but I was thinking maybe he'd get a shot somewhere as a RB. I know that's what Blake Sims has been doing for a while in the league.

But now I think on it, I don't think he's all that fast is he? Anyone know his 40 time?

Oh, I don't disagree on your feelings about him as a QB. Unless he is a completely different player this year (which seems unlikely given his age), he's no NFL QB. I don't think he's a WR either, I suppose, but I was thinking maybe he'd get a shot somewhere as a RB. I know that's what Blake Sims has been doing for a while in the league.

But now I think on it, I don't think he's all that fast is he? Anyone know his 40 time?

liek 4.5, JT has made remarks in the past the NFL is something he would pursue but nothing something he really needs in his life.

Thank God. Class has started and having nothing CFB related to do while in class is driving me insane.

Rice always starts the week before games (guess that's next week, huh? So it's orientation week right now...Gonna be weird not being back for the start of classes this first time), and I always hated it.

Except they play Stanford in week 0 this season, so, that'll be something I guess lol

liek 4.5, JT has made remarks in the past the NFL is something he would pursue but nothing something he really needs in his life.

4.5 is better than I expected for him. Glad he's got his head on straight about it.

andycapps

RB might be a possibility. There's just so many RB's coming out every year that it seems like he'd be at a disadvantage, but you never know.

andycapps

Subscribe here

We talk about a few more details that came out about why Freeze was fired, 7 Florida Gatas getting in trouble, and do our ACC preview.

Send us questions to podcast@the-cog.com and rate us on iTunes. We'll read your review on the podcast.

Episode 27 - What is a Hokie and is Wake Forest a forest?.

The thing that bothers me about Wake Forest is Wake Forest is actually a forest and a town in Wake County and Wake Forest University is not there.

Wake Forest University started in Wake Forest, but got money from big tobacco (Reynolds family) and moved west to Winston-Salem, but didn't change the name. This is like and yet entirely unlike Duke, which was operating as Trinity College in Trinity, NC, before big tobacco money from the Duke family poured in and the college moved east and had the good sense to change its name.

Is it possible to listen without downloading iTunes? I've skipped every episode so far because I couldn't find a way but honestly I didn't look all that hard.

Don't need iTunes if you're just listening on your phone. I get all my podcasts straight from the podcast app, no iTunes necessary.

(I have an iPhone though, so, assuming you don't, no idea)

andycapps

Is it possible to listen without downloading iTunes? I've skipped every episode so far because I couldn't find a way but honestly I didn't look all that hard.
Yeah just search for The Decided Schematic Advantage on Overcast, Downcast, Google Play Music, etc. I don't use iTunes either but it seems like most people do so I typically just include that link.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yep. It comes up in search in Pocket Casts. You can sub and listen. Super easy.

Also do we know if we are gonna get a CFB thread on the regular OT board for month 1 like we did last year?

The thing that bothers me about Wake Forest is Wake Forest is actually a forest and a town in Wake County and Wake Forest University is not there.

Wake Forest University started in Wake Forest, but got money from big tobacco (Reynolds family) and moved west to Winston-Salem, but didn't change the name. This is like and yet entirely unlike Duke, which was operating as Trinity College in Trinity, NC, before big tobacco money from the Duke family poured in and the college moved east and had the good sense to change its name.

Fun fact: The Duke University money was offered to Rutgers first, but they turned it down.

Lol at Saban not realizing the program's media team had put out footage of Tuesday's nighttime practice and wondering how the hell everyone knew about some of the plays made in the scrimmage portion of it. If anybody would know about any and everything coming out of their program, you'd think it'd be him.

Dynasty is over, he's losing it.

Top Bottom