• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the concer and it was great from start to finish. Really shows how crazy talented and diverse their talents are. From singing, storytelling/writing, improv/acting, on top of their great video game coverage and knowledge

One day we'll get Brad playing his guitar on stage/stream!

Mista Koo

Finished the L&R podcast, I respect Damiani a lot for everything he said regarding the ME kerfuffle. I would also add that the ally who receives the most hate recieves it mostly due to his perceived queerness, so that same garbage mob mentality targets EZA too.

Watched the concert thing. It wasn't as awesome or awesome as I hoped. I genuinly enjoyed Jones' take on Simple & Clean and some of Ian's duets with his future self (even though I often skip the song part of EU lol).
After listening to him playing the clarinet, Huber doesn't give his creative side enough credit. The RPG bits would've been much better if they were full enactments.
The bet was amazing, no one expected the guy to be this nervous and not just pick a fighting game and start listing names. The biggest missed opportunity is ending everything with one L&R sung with the entire audience.

Also went back to the live stream for a bit. Don't Skip is my favorite announced show by a mile. Tried watching Ultimate Chicken Horse, but a party game with two players? Come on! Jackbox is as great as always.
If I understand the new podcasts correctly, do you get a different podcast early for each of the Patreon tiers you pass?

Axass

Wait, am I the only one who thought the live bet was staged? I believed it was Don's bit, just like each of the others had theirs.

Hasney

So, getting stuff early by the tiers:

$20 gets you everything thats timed public early including the Q&A
$7 gets EZA Podcast, Zelda Talk and Movies
$5 is Zelda Talk and EZA Podcast
$1 gets Zelda Talk early

Just wanna echo that Damiani's words on the ME stuff was great, I'm glad he was cut & dry with it because I felt like the other Allies (possibly Kyle was just trying to push the conversation forward instead of cycling) were a little moderate/forgiving with some aspects of the issue. Jones certainly didn't help with the "I would go find the person and shout at them" line but it was kind of funny and I understood what he was trying to say.

Mista Koo

Oh yeah I didn't count the Q&A. Hopefully one year from now it's only the $5 tier where you get everything as soon as it's ready.

Wait, am I the only one who thought the live bet was staged? I believed it was Don's bit, just like each of the others had theirs.
I could see that. But I associate bets with Kyle and the rest of the allies, I've never seen Don paricipate in any bet. Also Brad didn't do a bit.

Hasney

Oh yeah I didn't count the Q&A. Hopefully one year from now it's only the $5 tier where you get everything as soon as it's ready.

If that happens, I assume something else would take it's place, or have a $10 one I think that this is a push to give those $5 backers, which are fairly prevalent, an incentive to give another couple of bucks.

I'm going to totally assume it was Huber's idea after doing the Yakuza 0 tax side story.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
If that happens, I assume something else would take it's place, or have a $10 one I think that this is a push to give those $5 backers, which are fairly prevalent, an incentive to give another couple of bucks.

I'm going to totally assume it was Huber's idea after doing the Yakuza 0 tax side story.

N-Nah, no way...

Axass

I could see that. But I associate bets with Kyle and the rest of the allies, I've never seen Don paricipate in any bet. Also Brad didn't do a bit.

Don is the one who actually gambles in real life, outside of EZA. Check Don's Discount Gaming, there's an entire episode centered around horse racing.

Hasney

Don is the one who actually gambles in real life, outside of EZA. Check Don's Discount Gaming, there's an entire episode centered around horse racing.

The one? Check Huber's reaction to the Werehog chips on the anniversary stream... :lol

mcw

Thanks, Allies, for this concert. I keep playing it over and over while working and it brings a big smile to my face.

Ian is just so goddamned talented, man... When I was first introduced to that guy in the GT Time days, I wasn't sure what to make of him. He was loud, flamboyant, and seemed to have overly harsh perspectives about games. I think many listeners have similar reactions to him at first. But the more exposure you get to Ian over time, the more you realize that he's actually a brilliant, genuine, and passionate person. Very grateful that he's part of this.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
What are the current possible Don't Skips by the way?
Night in the woods is one I'm hearing a bit of quieter buzz around but I'm somewhat out of touch with the smaller releases this season I'm not sure. Torment might be. What else?

What are the current possible Don't Skips by the way?
Night in the woods is one I'm hearing a bit of quieter buzz around but I'm somewhat out of touch with the smaller releases this season I'm not sure. Torment might be. What else?

I don't think it's necessarily non-AAA/Indie but more games that the team feel could be getting more buzz.

In the past few months

- Night In The Woods
- Hidden Folks
- Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

Upcoming

- Snake Pass (I think this might get a full review)
- We Happy Few
- GNOG (I think this was the game Kyle played at E3 that was inspired by Polly Pocket)
- Tacoma

If it really is some sort of spiritual successor to Just Played then the games won't be restricted to ones released recently but also ones from past years that the Allies have found time to play (I'm guessing).

I don't think we'll get the full functionality of the show until this busy period is over and the Allies have more spare time away from reviews.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it's necessarily non-AAA/Indie but more games that the team feel could be getting more buzz.
Wasn't necessarily referring to non-AAA/Indie but honestly I also don't see a reason to make that differentiation anyway cause when you think about it smaller releases(releases that don't have big marketing/buzz behind them) generally will be non-AAA/Indie by their very nature.

I wasn't even aware that Tacoma is coming up soon excited to see what that will be I'm on blackout on that one. We happy few nearing completion is also new to me nice! 2 titles(Hidden Folks, Shadow Tactics) I never heard of thanks!

abrack08

I don't think they would dishonor the betting process by staging one like that. Don's bit was the lost ep of Don's Design Lab.

Wasn't necessarily referring to non-AAA/Indie but honestly I also don't see a reason to make that differentiation anyway cause when you think about it smaller releases(releases that don't have big marketing/buzz behind them) generally will be non-AAA/Indie by their very nature.

I wasn't even aware that Tacoma is coming up soon excited to see what that will be I'm on blackout on that one. We happy few nearing completion is also new to me nice! 2 titles(Hidden Folks, Shadow Tactics) I never heard of thanks!

Yeah, I agree that the majority will most likely be indie games just because of their nature.

I'm actually not sure when Tacoma is coming but I was just thinking of upcoming Indies that might not get exposure.

Hidden Folks I haven't actually played yet (it's on PC and mobile) but Shadow of Tactics is great if you like Strategy/WRPG games and you're welcome!

Nasbin

Upcoming

- Snake Pass (I think this might get a full review)
- We Happy Few
- GNOG (I think this was the game Kyle played at E3 that was inspired by Polly Pocket)
- Tacoma

Rain World finally comes out in 2 days, I'm so excited for that.

Everything just came out as well and would be a good fit for a stream if not a Don't Skip. That game is an experience.

Hasney

Finally got around to the EasyAllies in concert. I'm so glad they did something dumb like this. Other outlets do Q&A's and even a stupid outlet like Mega64 does that and book a ska band and a meet up at Disney, but this is great. That Blood worth video will only be gotten by Earthbound fans, but Bosman and especially Jones segments were so good with them being multi talented. Jones could have explored other avenues with GT easily, but I'm so glad we still have him.

$55k goal should be Jones becoming the Richard Cheese of video game music. Look him up if you don't know him, especially the System of a Down track.

Hasney

Double post, but I love Ian's voice live more than some of the produced high pitch things before Easy Update. The live version of Got The High Score is so good. Need a Unplolgged album.

RiverKwai

Seeing it live, it was pretty genuine. I was sitting right behind that guy and homeboy was so hyped he psyched himself out. He also won one of the EZA Dino Crisis dioramas at the raffle afterwards. I don't remember 100% which one it was, but I think it might have been Ian's.

RiverKwai

Yea it has to be in the works based on Ben's comments on the last Frametrap

Also,loved the bonus episode of Don's design lab with Don and Kyle creating secrets

Don said during the concert that he had to cut that part out of the original episode to fit in the time limit he was given. Glad we got to see it!

Axass

LOL, Hasney, I forgive you since you just joined, but only people in the Blood Pact are supposed to know that right now.

Can't wait for you to play it, feels great that EZA's giving the game all this attention.

Also, please, do more bits like the Earthbound one Blood, it was magnificent. Did it take a lot of time to put it together? Or was it relatively hassle-free?

farisr

Really good Q&A stream this month. And I'll say there will be one question and answer a number of people will be interested in when it's opened up to everyone
Oh shoot, I totally forgot. Wasn't an issue when I was doing catch up videos, but yeah, not sure how I'm going to be handling the Q&A streams. I suppose I should include clips (if there are some I want to include) from those in the week that it opens up to everyone rather than the week when it actually happened and was exclusive.

Mista Koo

I don't know. I think it would've been better to push $1 patrons to go up to $5, and non-patrons to get in. For the allies who are already at $5 make the $10-$20 tiers more attractive rather than the $5 less satisfactory.
Note that I'm not a $5 patron so I'm not talking about myself.

Yeah but Don does real gambling not this.

Finally got around to the EasyAllies in concert. I'm so glad they did something dumb like this. Other outlets do Q&A's and even a stupid outlet like Mega64 does that and book a ska band and a meet up at Disney, but this is great. That Blood worth video will only be gotten by Earthbound fans, but Bosman and especially Jones segments were so good with them being multi talented. Jones could have explored other avenues with GT easily, but I'm so glad we still have him.
Personally I'd preferred a live Fiasconauts. But it's not like I'm ever going/can go.

Sami+

There's not any "normal" stuff. He got them together just for this show.

Ah, ok. That's dope, I thought that was his usual band and he just brought em for the show.

I just need more Ian music lol

edit - btw by "normal" I just meant not video game related. Didn't mean anything by it, sorry if it came across like that :O

Wiggy

I've been thinking, I want a return of The Final Bosman as much as the next ally, but it's cool to how high the EZA patreon is while their biggest show is still on the bench.

Like if this was a game rather than using it straight away, they're saving their super special potion for the perfect moment when it'll have most effect.

Though if they're anything like me they'll get to the end of the game without using it and realise they missed their opportunity and have an inventory full of super special potions and nothing to use them on :(

Ultimadrago

Was watching the beginning of Damiani's Fire Emblem stream and didn't see anyone bring up that he tentatively has an EZA panel for Fanime Con coming in May (27th - 29th). The topic will be Final Fantasy 7 Remake Panel - Hopes & Fears. Some of the Allies will be featured speaking on the titled topic. It will be two hours.

Some moving about with finances over the next couple months (moving apartments etc.) but hoping to up my pledge to join the Blood Pact before the Summer, can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom