• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankard

So I'm new to the thread and looking at the figures, why can the Easy Allies not afford to go full time/produce more content/Final Bosman/their own Fatburger franchise?

Enjoy the gift of Hasney. Drink it in, maaaaaaaannnn
Welcome back, man.

Karu

So I'm new to the thread and looking at the figures, why can the Easy Allies not afford to go full time/produce more content/Final Bosman/their own Fatburger franchise?

the-gift-of-jericho-o.gif
I was just reading the Quote on the next page without noticing your name and was all like... Herewego.gif :-/ :D

Welcome back!

Hasney

Taaa and stuff, good to be back.

Got the Vive stream on right now, pretty funny stuff. Grinding out Forza Horizon 3 too trying to unlock clubs to join the EZA one. It takes a while and I've got an NBA career to continue!

DKHF

Listening to the podcast and Brad and Damiani are my dudes, my taste aligns so much with theirs haha. Hope KH3 or FFVIIR do show up at PSX, but I'm not really confident either will. And nah Kyle they didn't say December specifically for the next KH3 info, but simply "winter" (and before someone says it I know FFVIIR was promised for winter last year and showed up in December, that doesn't mean all winter info must come then from now on).

Awesome podcast so far.

Auctopus

the-gift-of-jericho-o.gif

Welcome back, man. That was some ban, was that a two weeker?

wiibomb

Taaa and stuff, good to be back.

Got the Vive stream on right now, pretty funny stuff. Grinding out Forza Horizon 3 too trying to unlock clubs to join the EZA one. It takes a while and I've got an NBA career to continue!

just curious... why were you banned?

gazele

Banned
He's said it several times now including being one of bis predictions for E3.

Probably has something to do with Sony having the reputation of games you never thought would come out

FFVII, Shenmue, TLG

Also, maybe because of the relationship they had with Sony for Portal?

It's frustrating to me how much Yakuza looks like a series I would love but I've never played. I always assumed because it was "Yakuza" it was a dumb gang warfare GTA clone (a series that does nothing for me) but it's actually a wacky beat em up with arcades and other awesome minigames....ugh

Currently don't have a PS3 so I can't play any of the titles they brought over but I will absolutely grab 0 when it comes out. I may end up importing 6 as well, despite the huge language barrier. Looks so so awesome. If it gets localized I'm sure we don't see it until a year later but I'd love to be surprised

sora87

Come on Ben, give in to it, the full playthrough of Yakuza 1 is too good to pass up.

Totally jealous of those super famicom games omg

AlucardGV

Banned
Looks so beautiful, the facial models are out of this world.
I wish i could get into the series properly, own them all but the 1st is not an easy game to get into with its weird controls, low quality cutscenes and bad voice acting.

you can pretty much jump in with any chapter, the stories aren't related. yo can start with 3 which contains a recap of the first two.
yakuza 2 is very good tho

My respect for Blood definitely went down after that Frame Trap. "People who do bad things can do good things too" is one of my pet peeves when people bring it up in a conversation like this. Like of course, we all know that, but people who do shitty things all the time are still pieces of shit. Always comes across more of a distraction attempt than something meaningful. And if that person really does think that's a meaningful point, they're just more ignorant than anything.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Honestly it feels bad Bosman essentially brought Final Bosman back for Keighley and not for EZA. I get its because they could throw video editors and stuff at him to make it effortless but...

It was a great segment, but it also meant Kyle missing 95% of the Group Stream and Tabletop Escapades.

Back when Bosman said he didn't want the pressure of making a show every week, hence why he put At Home on his own channel, I understood. Now I don't and it feels bad. IF he ever does do some more At Homes, they absolutely should be on the EZA Youtube channel. Plenty of other Allies make stuff that isn't every week.

Tankard

Honestly it feels bad Bosman essentially brought Final Bosman back for Keighley and not for EZA. I get its because they could throw video editors and stuff at him to make it effortless but...

It was a great segment, but it also meant Kyle missing 95% of the Group Stream and Tabletop Escapades.

Back when Bosman said he didn't want the pressure of making a show every week, hence why he put At Home on his own channel, I understood. Now I don't and it feels bad. IF he ever does do some more At Homes, they absolutely should be on the EZA Youtube channel. Plenty of other Allies make stuff that isn't every week.

I also feel very bittersweet about it, but it is what it is, i guess we talk so much about the commitment, but he was committed to what he proposed himself to do at EZA and still is, he just probably didn't want more than that. We may like it or not, but it can't be forced.

Edit: also, i'm glad at least he is doing it with Goeff who is a great guy, if he were to do his thing at places like Funhaus and some others that i won't name i would be really pissed off. I hope he is sucessfull there and at least stay with EZA.

jett

D-Member

Bosman can do whatever he wants, but I honestly always thought it was odd he didn't bring "his show" to EZA, like the rest of the crew did.

Dear Bosman was great, and I guess as close to Final Bosman as we're gonna get.

Szeth

I agree. Bosman's reluctance to go all in with EZA never made sense to me, especially after it really took off. He's their biggest name by far and no show from him continues to limit their potential growth. It's lame but what can you do, Bosman gonna Bosman.

I'd like to look on the bright side that if this youtube live thing gets somewhat popular it'd bring EZA more exposure but they didn't even mention them lol

Burt

The bit was awesome, I'm overjoyed he went all in and straight up copied The Final Bosman, and completely understand his reasons for not doing his own FB with EZA. Besides, Geoff was the one who gave him that original Final Bosman with the Dos and Don'ts, so it's nice to see things come full circle.

I hope he becomes Guillermo to Keighley's Kimmel.

I agree. Bosman's reluctance to go all in with EZA never made sense to me, especially after it really took off. He's their biggest name by far and no show from him continues to limit their potential growth. It's lame but what can you do, Bosman gonna Bosman.

Every week Bosman streams two shows, appears on TTE and produces and hosts the EZA podcast in addition to appearing on the group stream and guesting on other shows from time to time. I would hardly describe that as reluctant participation.

Szeth

Every week Bosman streams two shows, appears on TTE and produces and hosts the EZA podcast in addition to appearing on the group stream and guesting on other shows from time to time. I would hardly describe that as reluctant participation.

I said reluctance to go all in. All in being his show and becoming a full time member. I'm aware of what he does for EZA thanks.

Also, I think Kyle's Pokémon card this week was a Drifloon card that I just got yesterday myself. From the Seige deck. I remember looking at it and thinking that the art was so good that I would put it on my desk. And there it is! Fucking A+ Pokémon card.

Anyway, if he's a regular employee it's weird to have EZA up there. If you become a fan of Kyle and look for his other work you find EZA.

sora87

Shame they didn't have an EZA mention under his name or something, all the other guests got to pimp their channels.

Kasper

I'd like to look on the bright side that if this youtube live thing gets somewhat popular it'd bring EZA more exposure but they didn't even mention them lol

Why would they mention EZA in relation to Kyle's segment? He's not a guest on the show, he works for Keighley and will be appearing regularly on camera. Promoting his side business, while nice would seem almost tacky. It's not what he's there for.

Bosman's participation level in EZA right now is fine. The guy stayed late for hours recording Brandon Plays Pokemon just because he enjoyed it. Him being part-time lets one of the other guys go full time who don't have hot Keighley connections.

Karu

Yakuza 6 looks awesome, woah. But... I have no way catching up with the series, so blah. Got I want a future where we can play anything on everything so badly.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I can understand him. As others have said, at Keighley's show he can have higher production values (set and editing) than EZA can (currently) provide. It also allows him to not have to put all his eggs into one basket. In a rather precarious business like this this cannot be understated, especially since EZA's long-term success is naturally still uncertain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom