• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seiken Densetsu Collection announced for Switch (SD1-3 roms, 4800 yen)

walei

Seiken Densetsu 3 is secretly the best SNES game ever. Don't let people tell you otherwise.

It's definitely one of the top games! The triangular story and class system really boosts the replay value. I played it so much back in the day I started to cover my eyes and randomly smash my directional pad to during character select screen for random party play-throughs.

and cry when I end up with Lise/Angela/Hawkeye

gotta get an hd version of seiken densetsu 4 first~

i know its shit but id get it for completionist sakes

i'd say the remake was 99% close to the original final fantasy adventure, so it's still good (for a full hd remake that retains the original system). better than sword of mana though.

adventures is basically an ios game right? porting that over shouldnt be too much trouble (also dump in sword of mana for archive purposes)

RoyalFool

Banned
Has the third title been available via a commercial emulator before? It's pretty tricky to emulate from what I recall due to the resolution switching in menus and double height font

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
adventures is basically an ios game right? porting that over shouldnt be too much trouble (also dump in sword of mana for archive purposes)

Adventures is also available in PSN (in English). Should have ported that too + Sword of Mana to make the collection meatier.

bon

Would be pretty great if SE took this opportunity to finally localize SD3. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Maybe they jacked up the price coz they'll know Mana fans will eat this up no matter what the price is?

I mean I'd eat up a Chrono Trigger/Cross collection with quick save + artworks + music selection for 4400¥.

Oregano

Maybe they jacked up the price coz they'll know Mana fans will eat this up no matter what the price is?

I mean I'd eat up a Chrono Trigger/Cross collection with quick save + artworks + music selection for 4400¥.

It's more than likely the platform. If this was a PlayStation release it would be cheaper.

Sinople

How come this costs more than twice the price it would be on VC (SFC 800 yen x2 + GB 400 yen)?
Thanks S-E, I'll continue to play them on the original hardware.

At least if it isn't localized it's no longer region locked. Totally gonna get this either way. Between this and radiant historia it's a good day for classic jrpgs.

Ban Puncher

Most of the thread.

UZm41FD.gif

Meanwhile, at duckroll's.

Gkr542V.gif

Why do I always think about trains when I hear that title?

I hope we get at least an English localization. I never played a mana game and that looks like a good way to start.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
No English :c

I doubt there will be Furigana in the Japanese text, guess I'll succumb to online walkthroughs....

there are sooo many english walkthroughs, you'll be finde :)

Cannot pre-order from Amazon.jp for shipping to the UK. Whyyyyyyy :(

sometimes this happens when the games release date is still far into the future. it usually "unlocks" shipping to europe right before release day

doemaaan

Well, this is strange. People are excited to plop down $40-$50 for one gameboy and two Super Nintendo games? Never played the series myself, but they must be damn good.

It's true though. This, 1-2-Switch, Super Bomberman R, Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rayman Legends, Puyo Puyo Tetris (physical), etc.

All these are cheaper on the PS4? I feel it's just games getting pricier in general. Average PS4 game was 60 eur, now it's up to 65 eur. Square-Enix and Sony games are 69,99 eur like NieR, Nioh and Horizon.

Lucent

I always thought that princess in Secret of Mana was cute/hot, but that artwork makes thar even more true. Lol.

Slaythe

All these are cheaper on the PS4? I feel it's just games getting pricier in general. Average PS4 game was 60 eur, now it's up to 65 eur. Square-Enix and Sony games are 69,99 eur like NieR, Nioh and Horizon.

Ps4 games have been between 70 and 60 euros from day one.

On PSN store though.

On Amazon it's always 50 to 55...

Jucksalbe

Banned
So, surely this will fix the massive amounts of bugs these games originally had, right?

Anyway, if by some miracle this would actually get an English release, I'd definitely buy it, even if the price point was similar to Japan's. With just a Japanese version I'm better off with my SFC version of Seiken Densetsu 3, though.

Forkball

Cool, but yikes at that price. If it's localized I can see $30 being a good price point, but you can get Secret of Mana for about eight bucks on the VC right now.

woopWOOP

Not sure if I'd get a version that I can't read for 50 bucks.
Still mighty cool there's an easy possibility to Westerners to purchase SD3 now tho thanks to region free.

Love the artwork too!

Top Bottom