• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros' SDCC Panel (The Thread! - The Sequel!)

Finaj

Why don't we get streams of all this stuff like they do with E3? Seems kind of weird to me.

Because they want footage to be exclusive to Comic Con goers, which is dumb because the footage just gets leaked anyway in lower quality.

And you might say, "why don't they just stream the panel and shut it off when the footage comes on?" Well, they're apparently not smart enough for that.

VanWinkle

Because they want footage to be exclusive to Comic Con goers, which is dumb because the footage just gets leaked anyway in lower quality.

And you might say, "why don't they just stream the panel and shut it off when the footage comes on?" Well, they're apparently not smart enough for that.

Man that's so dumb. E3 goers and the world alike get to see world premiere trailers all the time at their press conferences. I don't think it diminishes the experience that much for the people that are actually there.

Warners Bros has been ahead of the curve and has posted like 95% of what they've brought to Comic Con the last two years online within minutes of it premiering in Hall H. The only thing that they didn't put out was that Suicide Squad first look that leaked and then they put out the official version a day or two later after it went viral. Otherwise, the last two years WB has released everything they've brought.

Finaj

Warners Bros has been ahead of the curve and has posted like 95% of what they've brought to Comic Con the last two years online within minutes of it premiering in Hall H. The only thing that they didn't put out was that Suicide Squad first look that leaked and then they put out the official version a day or two later after it went viral. Otherwise, the last two years WB has released everything they've brought.

That's true, but WB seems to be the exception here. And considering they do seem to post trailers from CC, I have no idea why they wouldn't just stream their panel.

ReiGun

17sgutI.gif

I'm so excited.

They can't be bothered to put in the kind of infrastructure that would take to have that work for Comic Con.

It's bizarre to me SDCC doesn't just implement a system similar to what Blizzard do with Blizzcon. Charge for an online pass for full streaming ability. Sure some people would just pirate the stream but you would sill get a lot of people that would be willing to pay for an HD stream.

They could make considerable $$$ doing this

If the trailer is cut by Whedon rather than Snyder it'd be interesting to see if people can pick up on any differences of if people are instantly "Whedon sucks, Snyder da gawd" etc

If the trailer is cut by Whedon rather than Snyder it'd be interesting to see if people can pick up on any differences of if people are instantly "Whedon sucks, Snyder da gawd" etc

Snyder hasn't cut a trailer since the SDCC trailer from BvS in 2015. I don't think any directors at WB cut trailers anymore.

First trailer wasn't great either. I mean, I'm hopeful there's another BvS SDCC type trailer, but I'm more or less expecting scattered cool shots with some popular rock song playing over it.

Hell, WB's been putting their own shit out for at least the last two years or so - maybe even longer. And right after it they present it!

One day we'll get that livestream.

Snyder hasn't cut a trailer since the SDCC trailer from BvS in 2015. I don't think any directors at WB cut trailers anymore.

Hmm, then I suppose I mean i'm more curious if we'll get a noticeable change from when Snyder was heavily involved to now. The last JL trailer was before Dunkirk at the IMAX today and it looked so worlds away from the BvS and MoS stuff I'm just curious

Rvaan

Banned
It's bizarre to me SDCC doesn't just implement a system similar to what Blizzard do with Blizzcon. Charge for an online pass for full streaming ability. Sure some people would just pirate the stream but you would sill get a lot of people that would be willing to pay for an HD stream.

They could make considerable $$$ doing this

Blizzard can do it at because Blizzcon is just Blizzard. SDCC is dozens of presenters.You would have to have most of if not all of the major presenters agree to the deal. If enough of them don't then there'd be no point.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I honestly don't even know why I'm here. Haven't seen any of the movies, only exposure to comics is by way of movie adaptations anyway. I think hype is infectious and I've come down with hype fever. I suddenly want this trailer, too.

I blame the poster.

Top Bottom