• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DCEU slate revealed at Comic Con

Effect

Where is Superman for fuck sake ?

At this point Superman better damn well be in Shazam. Billy (Shazam) idolizes Superman. Good chance to toss Superman in there as a mentor.

This is assuming a Superman film isn't happening. They said before it was so maybe they just don't feel the need to mention it again since they're trying to keep up with this tactic that he's dead. Then once JL comes out they'll freely talk about him and when he's next film is coming.

Hella excited for Batman. Reeves is one of the gods of blockbusters right now. He doesn't sacrifice character emphasis either when making them. Could end up a top 5 comic movie if he does his thing.

And pretty curious about how wonder woman 2, aquaman, justice league dark turn out.

Flashpoint could be cool as shit as a movie. Seeing Thomas Batman for instance and all that other fuckery. But if it's just an expensive excuse for fixing the universe then that would be wack

Actually, he is working on a Superman book, 'Superman: Agent of Batman'...

It's all part of the plan. He's playing the long game.

Hella excited for Batman. Reeves is one of the gods of blockbusters right now. He doesn't sacrifice character emphasis either when making them. Could end up a top 5 comic movie if he does his thing.

And pretty curious about how wonder woman 2, aquaman, justice league dark turn out.

Flashpoint could be cool as shit as a movie. Seeing Thomas Batman for instance and all that other fuckery. But if it's just an expensive excuse for fixing the universe then that would be wack
Yeah, my bet is Flashpoint is an elseworld where someone else is Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.

MisterHero

why watch any of the prior movies if flashpoint is going to reboot the line

flashpoint isn't going to be a reboot

Just make a movie about a guy that runs fast, geez.

So for a timeline:

2018 - Aquaman and Shazam
2019 - Suicide Squad 2 and The Batman
2020 - Justice League Dark and Batgirl
2021 - Green Lantern Corps and Flashpoint and Wonder Woman 2

That sound right?

Neoxon

I guess Flashpoint is gonna be WB's backdoor to recast Batman.

I'm also surprised by the lack of Nightwing or Superman.

So for a timeline:

That sound right?

Only Aquaman next year.

Pretty sure they have 4 slots in 2020, and that Suicide Squad 2 isn't coming until after Gotham City Sirens.

Most likely:
2019: Shazam, Flashpoint, The Batman
2020: Wonder Woman 2, Green Lantern Corps, Gotham City Sirens, Batgirl

Geoff Johns' needs to stop wanking over his poor, uninspired excuse of a Crisis event @_@
It wasn't even meant to be an event before the executives saw they had the chance to turn it into one and a universe wide reboot instead of just a Flash arc that shakes up the status quo.

YAY Suicide Squad 2! Yay Batgirl! Yay Justice League Dark!

UGH FLASHPOINT

That horrible story will follow me until the day I die. Hate the comic, the animated movie, and what it did to the Flash TV show. At least do Crisis if you're going to do a timeline/continuity mixup :c

Well, nice to see the flash movie isn't dead, but doing Flashpoint as the first one, eh not sure how to feel about that. Oh and give me my solo Superman movie with Brainiac, damn it.

So for a timeline:

That sound right?

Shazam was always slotted for April 2019.

I think 2021 is too far out. WW2 for 2020 at the latest. GLC & Flashpoint are question marks, I think Flashpoint for 2019.

No release dates, casting, or directors. Well, I guess this is still more likely to happen than the original 2014 slate, just because they've had a DCEU regime change since and have had some time to reevaluate things post-BvS.

No release dates, casting, or directors. Well, I guess this is still more likely to happen than the original 2014 slate, just because they've had a DCEU regime change since and have had some time to reevaluate things post-BvS.

Shazam, The Batman and Batgirl have directors but everything else is up in the air aside from Wonder Woman 2.

Effect

So they quietly killed the Cyborg movie, eh

Unknown. Nothing here save for Aquaman has dates attached to them. Seems like a plans for the future list while already having a list they're currently working on. We know Gotham City Sirens is still happening and that wasn't listed. They said both Superman and Batman films were coming last time only The Batman has gotten any talk but even that currently doesn't have a date at the moment and just a director officially attached. Batgirl just has a director but no other talk I think. I was hoping they wouldn't do a list like this to be honest. It was a bad decision before hand and it's a bad one now.

Uzumaki Goku

There's no shame in mourning the loss of the Cyborg movie.

Also they're probably retooling their slate to save it from becoming the mediocre trash fire it was on the path to being before Wonder Woman. Flashpoint is a brilliant way to do that, and probably the only reason they would do it so soon.

Why not actually put Cyborg in a Teen Titans movie?

I wonder who the heck they're going to get to direct Flashpoint. I'd suggest Joss, but he's already busy with Batgirl. I'd also consider suggesting Lord & Miller, but seeing as how they got fired recently from the Han Solo film due to their improvisational style of filmmaking, I feel like that would probably be an ill fit for something like Flashpoint.

Any ideas, folks?

Nev

Banned
Mess.

Of course they wouldn't make a fucking normal solo Flash movie.

I mean dunno why I'm surprised, this is the universe that put TDK Returns, Death of Superman/Doomsday, Trinity and then some in the second movie.

Burn this rushed trash to the ground.

This aberration of an universe was singlehandedly killed the very moment these geniouses decided to turn Man of Steel 2 into Batman Destroys Superman: Dawn of Injustice.

What a goddamn mess. No Flashpoint is saving this.

Tizoc

It wasn't even meant to be an event before the executives saw they had the chance to turn it into one and a universe wide reboot instead of just a Flash arc that shakes up the status quo.

Final Crisis wasn't good enough for them? (I like FC btw)

FeD.nL

I wonder who the heck they're going to get to direct Flashpoint. I'd suggest Joss, but he's already busy with Batgirl. I'd also consider suggesting Lord & Miller, but seeing as how they got fired recently from the Han Solo film due to their improvisational style of filmmaking, I feel like that would probably be an ill fit for something like Flashpoint.

Any ideas, folks?

Honestly I agree with what was suggested earlier and that they get Zack Snyder to direct this one. It is in many ways the perfect story for him to tell.

DMczaf

Hot off the live nerdblog:

AQUAMAN

SHAZAM

SUICIDE SQUAD 2

THE BATMAN

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

BATGIRL

GREEN LANTERN CORPS

FLASHPOINT

WONDER WOMAN 2

I'm sure they're waiting to announce Cyborg's standalone film!!!

6c46ca5dabc5fe0a9edb01cedd5cb58d.gif

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Mess.

Of course they wouldn't make a fucking normal solo Flash movie.

I mean dunno why I'm surprised, this is the universe that put TDK Returns, Death of Superman/Doomsday, Trinity and then some in the second movie.

Burn this rushed trash to the ground.

This aberration of an universe was singlehandedly killed the very moment these geniouses decided to turn Man of Steel 2 into Batman Destroys Superman: Dawn of Injustice.

What a goddamn mess. No Flashpoint is saving this.

Wonder Woman is going to make more money domestically than a Spider-Man movie. Why would they burn this franchise to the ground?

golem

At this point DC/WB throwing names or even dates on the screen mean less than nothing. Let me know when stuff actually starts filming lol

Effect

At this point DC/WB throwing names or even dates on the screen mean less than nothing. Let me know when stuff actually starts filming lol

This. It's nice to see where they're looking but I'm not going to be holding on to anything until I see casting and know filming has started. Casting is when I start to get excited and filming is when I allow myself to get hyped.

Probably just that he's 'dead' and they're committed to not spoiling his return.

Thinking the same. They're just going to keep playing this out whee they can. Stuff like merchandise can't be hidden (only a few follow these announcements anyway). Film announcements they can hold back on and keep trying to pretend he's "dead".

Nev

Banned
Wonder Woman is going to make more money domestically than a Spider-Man movie. Why would they burn this franchise to the ground?

Because Wonder Woman is clearly the exception and it had nothing to do (thankfully) with the universe other than some tacked-on Bruce Wayne name.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Because Wonder Woman is clearly the exception and it had nothing to do (thankfully) with the universe other than some tacked-on Bruce Wayne name.

It has to do with this universe plenty. Wonder Woman introduced Themyscira, the Amazons, Hippolyta all which look to play a part in the movie.

Sean C

What do people think a reboot would accomplish?

Setting aside that they have franchises within this franchise we know are continuing forward, if they want to lighten the tone or recast a role, they will just do that.

Top Bottom