• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken PC Coming, Console Release Mar 6 [Like ME3/XCOM/Ghost Recon]

For all the "I'll just wait for Super Ultra SFxT Posters...
Ono confirms that updates to the game will be DLC-only
Q: What do you have to say to consumers who aren’t purchasing Street Fighter X Tekken in March because they’re waiting for a ‘Super Street Fighter X Tekken‘?

Ono: If we decide to create a new version of the game, we will go with the Street Fighter IV series route, by providing online update patches for the game. So I would say that you don’t really need to worry about a new version of the game coming out. If we choose to update the game, it will be done in the same fashion as Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition [laugh].

Q: What are your goals in designing a fighting game now, after Street Fighter IV blew up? Do you design a fighter now looking at it from a competitive/tournament perspective, or for a more casual at-home type of game? (And do you aim to make them ‘e-sports friendly’?)

Ono: I always want everything, so I try to design for both competitive and casual players [laugh]. I compare tournaments to piano recitals in a way; they are places where you are judged on the skills you have learned up until that time. I’d like to keep creating these kinds of tools for competition through my game design.

But on the other hand, I’d like to get as many players as possible to try out my games. Even in my own house, the only time a fighting game disc is read by the console is when I’m sitting in front of it. No one else in my family will even touch those discs. I bet there are a lot of families out there like this [laugh]. So I’d like to create fighting games that can be enjoyed by a lot of people through my game design as well.

Top Bottom