• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog: Chance of a TLOU 2 is "50/50"; Sony gives us freedom of choice

The Last of Us‘ Creative Director Neil Druckmann and Game Directior Bruce Stanley responded quite a few questions from the fan during an Ask Us Anything session on Reddit.

If you’re asking about a sequel… right now I’d say it’s 50/50.

Sony has complete trust in us. It’s really up to us to come up with something that will keep the team inspired for the next several years — which is why we don’t take the decision of what we’ll work on next lightly.

Dunno really – the DLC is on the PS3, so we haven’t gotten a whole lot of time with the “next-next gen” hardware. But I’m excited about having more memory, until we use it all up again!
Via Dualshockers

sn00zer

I hope its not honestly.... let it rest a bit and make it something special, not a series that should be serialized

zychi

Banned
i want a different story. even if its just dlc. give me bill or marlene's story before ellie comes around

Bahahahahha. You guys seriously think that fans won't vote for the most annoyingly hyped game in the history of 2013? Hhahahahhaa.

Gorillaz

Lol. If they don't make TLOU 2, somebody else will.

There will absolutely be a sequel.

Other then the common wish of a space IP from them, I think something like a bond/spy IP would be interesting. If (let's be honest when) the next TLOU comes out I hope it's a prequel with a new cast

Oidisco

Please don't let there be a sequel.

And if there is, PLEASE don't make it about Joel and Ellie. Their story ended perfectly.

It doesn't need a sequel at all.

The world is interesting though and so is the gameplay. It needs a The Division style massive multiplayer tps where players squad up and try find resources, kill the infected and protect their hideout

Stark

Banned
Would be fine with a new IP or sequel. But I really do want a sequel to TLOU. Not a one-off, that is, if they feel passionate and a good reason and need to go back. Otherwise it's fine as-is. I trust ND over my needs & wants.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Dude... Just go straight to the source. They did an AMA. ND can do literally whatever they want. They won't make the game unless they know it'll be good. So shut your traps everyone.

Aleph

Just won the game for the first time 10 minutes ago. New game would be nice, but different characters, please. Holy crap, dat ending.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It didn't sell so much that it'd be impossible to pitch Sony on something else doing better, but I'd be fairly surprised if they didn't get someone to follow it up if Naughty Dog moved on.

DON'T DO IT

Please no fucking sequel. Leave it as it is.

Please don't.

A new IP please.

I think this is one of those rare situations where they should leave it alone.

All of this.

The Last of Us became my favourite game ever last year. This was a one-and-done game for me and I feel like it told as much as it needed to without the need of a sequel. I'm glad we got Left Behind, but after it, no more.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Damn. Gaf acts like tlou has had 5 games in 5 years.

Im all for a sequel on ps4. If they start it now it wouldnt come out until 2016 anyways. do it.

Just make a 3rd team and let them handle the sequel, I'm serious they should, because if they began to make a new I.P. we'll be playing that game by 2017/2018.

Yeah, sure. I have no doubt we will see two or three more and a Vita spin off.

If ND think a new TLOU is what they should do, then I have full faith in them. I have no reason to doubt them.

Damn. Gaf acts like tlou has had 5 games in 5 years.

Im all for a sequel on ps4. If they start it now it wouldnt come out until 2016 anyways. do it.

Yea, I don't get the aversion to sequels around here. A new IP would great, I agree, but I wouldn't mind sequels. Especially since ND always delivers, if that's what they want to do then I'll be there day 1 regardless. I don't care what people say, I loved UC3.

-MD-

I'd say only do a sequel if they think they can top the first one. There are lots of things they could do in a sequel that would expand on the gameplay (ai for example)

I'd also like to see
Ellie return as the lead, maybe a few years older.
The character is just too good to leave alone.

dEvAnGeL

anyone thinking that a brand new IP that sold millions is not getting a sequel is
lex-luthor-wrong.jpg

MavFan619

Banned
TLoU was amazing to me but as a standalone game the DLC was great though. So in a way I think ND could do a sequel and find a way to make it work but a new IP would be preferable. Uncharted makes more sense to be ongoing series at least up to the upcoming 4th game.

If ND wants to go back to that universe, it's because they have another amazing story to tell, hopefully.

I trust in them to make something pretty awesome, whatever it is.

they're going to do a new IP or work on another property before returning to the TLOU world for a new game, and it won't have anything to do with Joel/Ellie/etc.

it'll be a new story, new people, etc. but i am betting on them returning to the franchise...

Top Bottom