• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Kyne

I'm so irate that I played Iron Banner every night, turned in two or three packages each night, and didn't complete the armor set (and I play Titan only). No helmet or pants. Duplicates of two other pieces, and dupes of most of the weapons.

2-3 packages a night? That's .. what... 21 for the event? My friend was at 40+ and he still didn't get the helmet.

alternatively my boss did 11 and got the full set.

RNG strikes again.

Fjordson

I'm so irate that I played Iron Banner every night, turned in two or three packages each night, and didn't complete the armor set (and I play Titan only). No helmet or pants. Duplicates of two other pieces, and dupes of most of the weapons.
I’m feeling salty about it also. 26 packages and I only got three leg armors. All I wanted was the damn Warlock robe =[

Dalek

D1 has mediocre reviews but the amount of people playing and game being sustainable throughout the years was something .D2 is like the exact opposite. Reviewed greatly out of the gates but population is going down fast. It isn't steadily going down, it's just straight up dropping like flies. It's all up to Bungie though. Youtubers, streamers, the majority of the people who have stuck with D1 through good and bad have spoken.

Even this servitor is like F this, I'm out of here.

I think it’s weird that the community is very vocal right now about their concerns and grievances and there’s total silence on Bubgie’s part except for “we hear you.”

They may be “hearing” us, but people are leaving while you’re just listening.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Newbie raid for tomorrow is full up. I'm out of town all of next week, so I unfortunately won't be able to run one. Next one will likely be on either Nov. 1st or Nov. 4th

I’m with you, I think the Last Hope spam is just a symptom of how crummy this meta is right now. This game is in DESPERATE need of a high skill ceiling “shut up” gun. Something that allows you to play aggressively instead of just hanging back and team shooting.

Wouldn’t know, I stopped playing a couple of months after TTK released, but you’d think they learn considering it was a problem in the last expansion before the release of this.

There are several guns that can compete with The Last Hope in a live match due to skill differences. Several SMGs and even ARs are viable.

That said, the Semi and Fully Auto Sidearms do need an adjustment. Particularly the Omolon as they have the fastest TTK of any non-1HK weapon. Either a range nerf or additional recoil.

Sidearms being strong weren't actually problematic in D1 during that time though. There was no vitriol about it when it was the thing.

Kyne

I think it's weird that the community is very vocal right now about their concerns and grievances and there's total silence on Bubgie's part except for ”we hear you."

They may be ”hearing" us, but people are leaving while you're just listening.

there as a reddit post where someone drew out a better reward system for planetory NPCs via token submission and Cozmo (the Community Manager at Bungie) replied to the topic and said "I'll take this layout to the design team!".

Valthael

Neo Member
there as a reddit post where someone posted out a better reward system for planetory NPCs via token submission Cozmo (the Community Manager at Bungie) replied to the topic and said "I'll take this layout to the design team!".

It's nice to know they listen. Let's just hope it gets implemented.

Bold One

I think it’s weird that the community is very vocal right now about their concerns and grievances and there’s total silence on Bubgie’s part except for “we hear you.”

They may be “hearing” us, but people are leaving while you’re just listening.

What else can they say?

The game's been out a month and people are throwing their toys out the pram.

Fixes take time.

Jrmint

Hey guys I'm planning to pick this up next week for PC. Where is the info regarding clans? I couldn't find it on the OT.

shermas

there as a reddit post where someone drew out a better reward system for planetory NPCs via token submission and Cozmo (the Community Manager at Bungie) replied to the topic and said "I'll take this layout to the design team!".

His design and post were awesome. First time I've used reddit gold (not a huge reddit guy, to be fair)

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

And here's the mock-up they did:

OJ4jsiK.jpg

Lemnisc8

Still missing the Orpheus Rigs for my hunter. RNG hates me. It's duplicate after duplicate. Currently on my 3rd lucky raspberry in a row... before it was tricksleeves and knucklehead dupes, then foetracer.... smart loot my ass.

Hugstable

Banned
Got both a Sunshot and Merciless exotics today, and they both seem so good. Sunshot just explodes everything and Merciless destroys huge enemies like nothing.

I have a party of 3 trying the raid for the first time. Looking for 3 more who can guide us through it. Anyone want to help us out? PS4 and want to start tonight around 9:15-9:30pm EST (2 hours from now).

I've been dying to get ONE Skyburner's Oath.

But no, please give me my 7th Wings of Sacred Dawn, thanks.

If it makes you feel any better I only use it in the horse room, and even then I forget to equip it more often than not. There are like five exotic weapons that I'm actually glad I have and Sky Burner's Oath is definitely not one of them.

TsuWave

Still missing the Orpheus Rigs for my hunter. RNG hates me. It's duplicate after duplicate. Currently on my 3rd lucky raspberry in a row... before it was tricksleeves and knucklehead dupes, then foetracer.... smart loot my ass.

i'll be hosting a prayer circle for xur to bring orpheus rig this friday. you're welcome to join.

Zereta

If it makes you feel any better I only use it in the horse room, and even then I forget to equip it more often than not. There are like five exotic weapons that I'm actually glad I have and Sky Burner's Oath is definitely not one of them.

I've heard Skyburner's Oath is actually real good though. Not a fan?

DeaDPo0L84

I think I hit a wall in this game where I have no motivation. Turned in 10 packages and not a single piece of iron banner armor. I stopped playing ever since and have no desire to boot it up.

Dthomp

I think I hit a wall in this game where I have no motivation to even boot it up. Turned in 10 packages and not a single piece of iron banner armor. I stopped playing ever since and have no desire to boot it up.

Alot are there, I turned in 11 packages got 1 helm, 2 boots, and an assortment of guns but got sick during the week and the thought of booting into that hell seemed like bigger punishment then being sick. Wait until next month when they make it supremacy and nobody plays :)

It's by no means a bad gun and it's ability to shoot through a shield is cool, but that's kind of it. In the end I just prefer something else in my energy slot. The Sunshot a gun that is the same element and exotic is probably a better choice in the end.

There's also the problem that while fire sheild cabal are pretty common in the campaign in most end game content most really dangerous majors aren't fire. Only some Cabal Centurions are actually fire in Nightfalls and raid. The only other enemy that are fire is Wizards sometimes and even then any instance where there are fire Wizards you have arc knights who are more of a hassle imo.

I more often than not actually just run with three legendary weapons. It's feels like the really important exotics in the game are all the armor, even with something like Merciless the cluster rockets are equally completive in terms of damage and they're more flexible to boot.

On the one hand having flexibility in weapon choices is great. I generally don't feel like I'm handicapped because I don't have a certain weapon. On the other hand what's the point of an exotic if I'm not really struggling to decide which one to use. Instead those weapons are more about me saying "Hey you know what I feel like using this things gimmick right now!"

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I read that layout and it was 1000% better than what is currently in game, if you're reading this Bungie: let's do it!

Also, some form of random rolls, but then again...I'm not 100% sure I actually want this though.

Depends. I have a love/hate relationship with it.

On one hand, the perks are actually useful for once, and killing them with it gives the burning-ashes effect (like when you kill your target with the Vex).

But on the other, its very slow firing - and thus it kind of feels dull. And even the quicker-firing with ADS isn't all that better.

IMO - the only change I would like (that I dont think would break Bungie's balance mantra, but what do I know) is if it did twice the damage against Cabal as it does now. It says it does extra damage but it doesnt feel like it. I really should melt any red bar cabal in 2 or 3 shots.

The perks on it are good, but once again the damage output doesnt feel very exotic-like. You could probably kill more Cabal with one clip from the Nameless.

For all the bitching hunter mains do, I've found that their sub-class exotics are probably the best in the game.

I have all the hunter exotics. They're certainly class defining. But the issue is hunters enter most PVE scenarios at a disadvantage, at least statistically.

Rocking 9 recovery on my warlock is EZ mode compared to the 5 I have on the hunter. Even when they fix the hunter boots bug, we'll only be sitting at 6. The gear seems tailored for mobility and mobility is garbage. It doesn't even shine when I'm running the Gauntlet or sneaking around in gardens. Slightly faster strafing in PVP is worthless when most guns auto aim so well.

I love the hunter despite all that and the garbage grenades. Still my main. But I feel like I'm working harder for the same or worse results.

RedRaider

I mean I love skyburner but someone will call anything garbage if they arent good with it. Seen lots of complaints that it sucks in pvp but I regularly rip face with it *shrug*
When I was running the raid this morning I noticed the Loyalist Legionary's were using the Skyburners Oath. At least I think they were. Pretty cool detail.

Top Bottom