• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fromsoftware's new project teased (Shadows Die Twice)

Masagiwa

Teased at the Game Awards 2017

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWFgvbf_Zu8

yQ5COc5.jpg
hb7owOU.jpg

Toni

Yooo!.

So many folks eating crow right now, because BB2 supposedly is not a thing accordng to "sources" lol.

The excess of blood and trick-like handle of that weapon shown all but gave it away.

Day 1. I am ready for more paleblood.

Yoooo!.

So many folks eating crow right now, because BB2 supposedly is not "a thing" lol.

The excess of blood and trick-like handle of that weapon shown all but gave it away.

What about the Japanese text on the background? Doesn't seem very BB to me.

Duo VII

Neo Member
The bit of japanese music... If it is Bloodborne-related, it might not have a Gothic setting this time.

Breakage

The music and the phrase "Shadows Die Twice" makes me think new Tenchu game.

The last Tenchu game was subtitled "Shadow Assassins".

Duo VII

Neo Member
Yooo!.

So many folks eating crow right now, because BB2 supposedly is not a thing accordng to "sources" lol.

Didn't Miyazaki say that there were no plans for a sequel? I'm happy, but I hope he's hands-on. I don't want this to get the Dark Souls 2 treatment (even though I enjoyed it the first time around).

Toni

Whoa I'm excited too but we should probably wait for confirmation of what it is.

-It has a "2" as reference that shadows die "Twice"
-Trick weapon covered in Blood
-More excess of Blood in the background

Its Bloodborne 2 or a spin off. It couldnt be more obvious guys. And that "shadows die twice" its certainly not the game's title. It read more as like its tag line.

I am fucking diseased by this announcement, but Im so, so ready for the follow up to one of the greatest Rpg's ever made.

JaxBriggs

Shadow Tower?

Hmm never say never but I just can't see it being Shadow Tower. That's a long dead and hardly known series. It wouldn't make sense to be honest.They might as well spend the time and resources building a new IP.

Interesting though that this teaser trailer wasn't shown on MS' Mixer stream. Apparently it was replaced with something else.

Toni

Didn't Miyazaki say that there were no plans for a sequel? I'm happy, but I hope he's hands-on. I don't want this to get the Dark Souls 2 treatment (even though I enjoyed it the first time around).

He said that the Dark Souls franchise is done.

But that there was a "dark action Rpg" in development. If this isnt Bloodborne 2, then its that Dark Rpg with Bloodborne as its spiritual succesor or a flat out sequel.

Bloodborne was too financially and commercially successful to leave it as it is.

S

Stormcrow

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope it’s a Bloodborne sequel as well, but until we have confirmation, let’s temper the assurance of our predictions with a bit of caution.

Otherwise we’ll end up with a lot of (potentially) disappointed folks.

I really hope it’s a Bloodborne sequel as well, but until we have confirmation, let’s temper the assurance of our predictions with a bit of caution.

Otherwise we’ll end up with a lot of (potentially) disappointed folks.

As long as it's a spiritual successor. I don't want it to be tied to PS hardware.

Toni

Did a quick search and It has to be Bloodborne 2 guys.

This is the Caryll Runes writing / symbols in the world of Bloodborne vs the parchment shown in the trailer. The resemblance is quite overwhelming.

Memory%2BAltar.png

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u3.jpg

340961_1.jpg

rune_workshop_tool.jpg

---

giphy.gif

JaxBriggs

I know I'm likely only hurting myself here, but I wonder if it could be Demon's Souls related?

Seems like pretty coincidental timing what with this new tease and the Demon's Souls servers closing next year. Even Epicnamebro thinks there could be a DeS announcement in the works.

Hmm..

Seeing as the add was apparently not shown on MS' Mixer it makes me think we are probably looking at something PS4 related here.

Mendax

writing looks like someones fugly japanese handwriting and it sounds like someone blowing a local instrument too (shakuhachi?) so I don't think it is bloodborne

LordOfChaos

The tagline doesn't ring any bells from Bloodborne, sounds like Shadow Tower...But man I want Bloodborne 2.

mango drank

As much as I want BB2, there's no indication this is it.

What does old Japanese calligraphy have to do with Bloodborne? There's nothing that jumps out as Bloodborne-y about the weird bone-rope contraption. Sounds like someone's getting hanged or tortured or something: creaking rope sounds, then suddenly it goes taut. Probably Tenchu.

Maddrical

While I watched the trailer on The Game Awards I was really convinced I was seeing Bloodborne 2. But the game is clearly called "Shadows Die Twice". It's a new IP.

The Game Awards tweet https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/938954070282223617

And their video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8

They're clearly referring to the game being titled Shadows Die Twice. That's not a tagline.

Dark Souls & Bloodborne both had project titles prior to their official announcement. I'd be very surprised if that was the final title. Who knows though. Everything about this is 100% speculation.

EyeQueue

Neo Member
Dark Souls & Bloodborne both had project titles prior to their official announcement. I'd be very surprised if that was the final title. Who knows though. Everything about this is 100% speculation.

Yeah, I mean I'm aware of the Project Beast moniker, but so many people are speculating that it's a sequel. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't bother giving a code name to a sequel. Plus the video from From says "A look at our next project". Everything about this screams new IP, I think people are just getting hung up on the name.

But those were both new IPs. Doesn't make much sense to use a code name for a sequel to a known property that's still fresh in peoples minds.

Edit: Also, the first teaser of Bloodborne flat out said "PROJECT Beast", so it was very up front that the official title wasn't being announced. Same thing with Dark Souls, it was originally "PROJECT Dark". So unless there was some huge miscommunication between the VGA's and From, I think it's safe to say Shadows Die Twice is the name of the game.

Top Bottom