• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

giphy.gif

Tadale

I went from being hyper jaded and disinterested in Star Wars since 2006 or so to being fully back in and incredibly excited for these new movies. I even went and picked up the Darth Vader and Star Wars Marvel comics.

Cheebo

Banned
Kotor isn't canon ATM, but unless they put something out that directly contradicts it I'd give it decent odds of being brought over.

They aren't going to un-legends Legends content outright.

Anything in the pre-Disney era outside of the material directly created by Lucas himself (The 6 films + The Clone Wars) is non-canon.

Everything post-Disney such as Rebels and the Marvel Comics are canon.

Subbed. Need to catch up on the new EU stuff and plan on binging Rebels this weekend after the response the finale got.

They aren't going to un-legends Legends content outright.

Anything in the pre-Disney era outside of the material directly created by Lucas himself (The 6 films + The Clone Wars) is non-canon.

Everything post-Disney such as Rebels and the Marvel Comics are canon.

You keep saying that, but is there a source? Because otherwise I don't see why not.

iosefe

You keep saying that, but is there a source? Because otherwise I don't see why not.

they've said that they will borrow concepts and rework them at their leisure. even if it isn't the exact thing outright, it will be similar. or they could do a direct lifting and that would be fine too

curb

Banned

I don't have the quote but I remember reading someone saying that they may pick and choose some Legends elements but it seems very doubtful to me that whole old EU stories/products will be brought back into the canon.

Cheebo

Banned

They stated elements may be incorporated in future new canon material, but Legends content outright will not be canon.

A new KOTOR game could come with elements of the olds ones and be canon, but the old games are Legends and non-canon.

They stated elements may be incorporated in future new canon material, but Legends content outright will not be canon.

A new KOTOR game could come with elements of the olds ones and be canon, but the old games are Legends and non-canon.

Yep, that's how I understood it too.

I've added the two upcoming Star Wars games to the OT and a bit more spin-off info.

Loved the Rebels finale. I've really enjoyed the series. I had chills during the last five minutes or so. Can't wait for Season 2 now.

Anyone reading Heir to the Jedi? Reviews seem to be on the negative side for the most part. I'll start on my copy once I've finished my Lord of the Rings re-read.

sphagnum

Banned
I've been going through a big EU binge recently, I guess as a last hurrah before TFA comes out, and while a lot of it is fun (mostly Old Republic era stuff), it's striking how awful most of the post-OT era stuff is. I like a lot of the general concepts and want them to hold over, like Thrawn and imperial warlords like Isard and Zsinj all claiming their pieces of the pie, the political crises like the Caamas Document Crisis, even the concept behind the Second Galactic Civil War. But then there's the Vong, and Waru, the entirety of Legacy, Triclops and Rajah Ubooki, the Darksaber, Callista Ming...

Good riddance to all that stuff.

Calcium

Banned
Great OT. Might I suggest giving a little love to SWTOR? It might not be cannon, but it is still a Star Wars MMO.

Great OT. Might I suggest giving a little love to SWTOR? It might not be cannon, but it is still a Star Wars MMO.

Yeah, of course. I'm planning on adding a few extra bits over time - Legends, The Old Republic etc.

Those Nendoroids...a Stormtrooper has no right to be that cuddly.

obin_gam

So what are folks favorite EU story/ies?

Mine is definitely the Dark Empire comics. I love how dark gritty and pessimistic it feels all over and Lukes design with a Vader-inspired uniform is his best ever!

Anybody pick up Heir to the Jedi yet?

I got it yesterday and plan to dive into it today. Pretty darn excited for it.

Yeah I bought it. Won't be reading it for a little while yet though as I'm halfway through something else.

As for my favourite EU storylines I loved Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison. Dark Empire's worth a read for the art alone - the story's a bit naff though.

Top Bottom