• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle 2 |OT| All Hail the Gooch

Zanzura

So the tutorial for combat is accessed by selecting "Hold up!" instead of "Good to go!" at the combat section of the tutorial for new players. Think that part needs to be updated to better convey which option actually gives you the combat tutorial.

:\

chrono01

So the tutorial for combat is accessed by selecting "Hold up!" instead of "Good to go!" at the combat section of the tutorial for new players. Think that part needs to be updated to better convey which option actually gives you the combat tutorial.

:\
Yeah, that's a really strange way to hide the more advanced battle tutorial.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I tweeted at them to complain about how the game handles data. The data consumption is much higher than TB and they still haven't done a full install over wifi option. Almost unacceptable!

Ate almost 500meg of my data without me noticing!
Jesus Christ.

ah_hia

The game is not for me. Chapters are such a slog to get through. Who the eff decided to make the maps so big and the enemies almost never ending. This will never be a successful game as it is and HERE i thought it would be an improvement from the first game. I cannot believe the designers didn't see how bad they are making the game compared to the first one.

chrono01

I'm just glad I'm playing this on WiFi. I mean, I have a decent amount of data, but not at 500MB a re-roll.

Map movement is a little frustrating. It might be better on an iPad or something, but I'm finding it pretty random. I keep bumping into stuff, separating my characters from the group. Why did they even make that a thing?

Caim

image.png
Rates

Myze

I'm right at the end of Chapter 1 (still a couple battles left), and only at around 55mb.

I have a feeling there might be a big download after the first story level that's causing these 500mb+. Just a guess, though.

chrono01

Man, I can't pull a Z character, meanwhile I pulled two Z equipment (over a few re-rolls). This latest attempt gave me one Z and two SS equipment, as well as one SS character (not Hikari, unfortunately).

I just want Haruhikari and/or a Z rank character. Will re-roll more later today when I have time.

Staab

Had enough for 2 10-rolls.
Got Djagos (Z) and Bali (S) as well as a SS spear. Rest was shit...

Waifu makes it okay but otherwise, eh.

Not enough tutorials, map dragging is so weird (like what's the goddamn point ?), art and music is incredible like TB1.

Still kinda meh on it, requires further investigation.

PsionBolt

Am I hearing y'all right? Folks are saying that Terra Battle 1 didn't have the field map bits?

...Maybe I'll just play 1 instead, then. I'm rapidly losing interest in this game thanks to jank-tastic timed movement bogging down what seems to want to be a strategy RPG.

Quonny

Tiny text, data hog, ridiculous load times, map movement sucks, rerolling is insane, absolutely atrocious tutorial...

Man. While actually having a stable cast of characters is nice, wew this is rough.

Sorian

Banned
Going to also second that I feel the world map movement is shit and drags this whole experience down. Ended up with a garbage first roll and I don't really feel assed to do it again.

Moving around the map is such a painful experience. Especially when you get close to the screen border and the autoscrolling fucks you up.
The art and music are really nice but the rest isn't really grabbing thus far. My first two ten rolls also weren't that great. I think I'm out.

mjc

Haven't started this up but it's a bit disheartening to hear about the world map issues and the other stuff. How could they screw things up that much?

Moving around the map is such a painful experience. Especially when you get close to the screen border and the autoscrolling fucks you up.

Yeah, when the map starts scrolling your characters' movements feel totally out of control. Since lining up your characters in the right way next to enemies is so important, and hitting obstacles gives you a time penalty that can cut your moves short, it's bad to not be able to control your characters precisely.

I guess the good thing for Mistwalker is that they didn't abandon Terra Battle 1, so if reaction to 2 is as sour in general as it is here they can still cut their losses and retreat back.

Rerolling sounds rough so I’ll just be thankful for the two SS I got and chip away at this leisurely. World map is tedious but hasn’t bothered me much, especially once I realized you can back out, upgrade, change skills, etc and pick up where you left off later.

Can you upload your save to continue your progress on another device?

Sioen

Yeah, the first one is a lot better then this. The map movement is terrible on a non plus iPhone 7. not enough control at all and the tutorial is terrible.

Has anyone figured out what controls the enemies movement range on the world map? Sometimes they barely move at all but at other times two dozen enemies swarm you from half across the map.

Ryuukan

Yeah, the first one is a lot better then this. The map movement is terrible on a non plus iPhone 7. not enough control at all and the tutorial is terrible.

I have a 7+ and the world map movement is very out of control and shaky imo

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, I'm on the second map mission...Thing...I don't know what it is.

But holy shit moving around is clunky and completely broken feeling. Not a great showing.

Those who are having trouble with map movement, did you know you can pinch to zoom and move while zoomed out? The icons become very tiny, but it makes it really easy to move without having to deal with the map sliding unexpectedly. Minute repositioning becomes rather finicky though.

mjc

Yeah the overworld movement is way way way too janky, like they have the sensitivity up way too high.

And the text is a touch small.

Those who are having trouble with map movement, did you know you can pinch to zoom and move while zoomed out? The icons become very tiny, but it makes it really easy to move without having to deal with the map sliding unexpectedly. Minute repositioning becomes rather finicky though.

This is what I did. After a certain point I became way less concerned about how I encountered enemies and rather zip from treasure to treasure and let the enemy encounters happen when they do like random encounters.

Edris

Just grab it here. I know you say that you don't like unofficial sites but I've never had an issue with anything from here before. If it makes you feel any better I've downloaded and played this apk myself and definitely haven't run into any issues.

Thanks. Gonna grab it from here.

I do have to say, I'm really unhappy about the lack of an install option. At least in Granblue you can set the asset quality to very low when you're on cellular.

Was there no data install in the original Terra Battle either? I played it when I was in the US with unlimited data, so I don't remember as it wouldn't have bothered me, but now I'm in Japan and I've only got 10 gigs a month to share with my wife, and I use a lot of it tethering my laptop at work.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So my 2 starting pulls included 2 SS class and a bunch of A and B stuff. I don't have the drive to do that tutorial stuff again. I'm not sure if I'll keep with this game since I found the map navigation annoying and the battle manipulation not as enjoyable as the first.

Kitkatt

Neo Member
Hello I have a question.
There are two party members that I cannot add to my group.Do I need to complete a certain chapter to be able to add them?

Screenshot_2017-09-21-09-08-43.png

Screenshot_2017-09-21-09-09-00.png

Got to the first huge slime in chapter 1 and had to continue 5 times because the thing kept one-shotting me.

I got screwed as well because some of my characters somehow lost magnetic link and ended up way back on the field with no way to retrieve them because the big slime was constantly on my ass. Why does that stupid mechanic even exist?

Then after finally beating on the big slime with 3 characters I beat chapter 1 and got disconnected with error 99999, and now the game keeps crashing after the title screen.

Thanks, I'll pass.

Myze

Got to the first huge slime in chapter 1 and had to continue 5 times because the thing kept one-shotting me.

I got screwed as well because some of my characters somehow lost magnetic link and ended up way back on the field with no way to retrieve them because the big slime was constantly on my ass. Why does that stupid mechanic even exist?

Then after finally beating on the big slime with 3 characters I beat chapter 1 and got disconnected with error 99999, and now the game keeps crashing after the title screen.

Thanks, I'll pass.

I never had to use it, but isn't one of the magic abilities from one of the triplets to return all your characters to the box? I would assume that is what it's for, if you lose them along the way.

I'm not sure about the overworld map movement, and don't really like it either. However, that being said, I do actually feel more inclined to pay attention to the storyline with the way everything is now.

Also, the gameplay is different enough for me to play it, since I haven't had much interest in Terra Battle 1 for a while now (just log in and do daily).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I played TB1, but I'm not feeling TB2 atm. It just starts so poorly. I don't know how they can expect to attract new players.

mjc

Yeah I'm not gonna go forward with it the way it is now..and I'm saying that as someone who liked TB1. Shame.

TripleBee

Kinda disappointed. Not really liking to new overworld system at all. I'll give it a bit more time though. Wish it was more straight forward like the first.

duckroll

I do have to say, I'm really unhappy about the lack of an install option. At least in Granblue you can set the asset quality to very low when you're on cellular.

Was there no data install in the original Terra Battle either? I played it when I was in the US with unlimited data, so I don't remember as it wouldn't have bothered me, but now I'm in Japan and I've only got 10 gigs a month to share with my wife, and I use a lot of it tethering my laptop at work.

There wasn't, but TB1 was a pretty low usage game comparatively. The entire game is probably 100meg or a little more at most. I'm pretty shocked at how much bigger TB2 is without an obvious visual upgrade.

ZangBa

I like the world map, but holy HELL do I hate controlling it. It feels like complete ass to control and I'm constantly stopping in bad spots on accident.

I never had to use it, but isn't one of the magic abilities from one of the triplets to return all your characters to the box? I would assume that is what it's for, if you lose them along the way.

Good point, I hadn't considered that.

But honestly if you need add an ability to the game just to compensate for the shitty movement mechanics then maybe consider fixing the movement mechanics instead.

The magnetism thing seems completely pointless and is only made even more frustrating by the jolty way you move your characters on the overworld map. :(

Visceir

I'm ok with the overworld map in general. Game could definitely use some polish though. Even in battle screen the units lag if you try to make quick complicated movements...don't remember it being like that in TB1...need to get that fixed.

Kakaroach

Am I blind or something? Where do you go to pull characters? I've completed chapter 1 and I don't see anywhere to use the energy.

Top Bottom