• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Woman Review thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
still have a good feel about this & Aquaman

-finally gets good DCEU movie
-can't describe it without talking about Marvel

5 Cents have been deposited in your Warner account
G5BhLMJ.png

RDreamer

Really hyped and hoping for this movie. It seems to be a good middle ground of what makes Marvel movies good and what makes DC movies amazing for me.

JaggedSac

No but like, if you believe critics, Man of Steel is far worse than Ghostbusters, Thor 2 and Alien Covenant.

Which is preposterous. I can understand disliking some creative choices, or disliking the early story telling, but I refuse to believe humans with eyes and ears would consider it to be worse than those movies.

That new Ghostbusters is one giant dog turd covered in cat turds. I can't believe it was produced and everyone involved, including their families, should feel ashamed.

oti

Banned
I'm genuinely astonished Gadot seems to have pulled this off.

I thought she was shocking in Batman V Superman.

She was the best thing about BvS.
A Greek superhero saved this cinematic universe.
Just as the prophecy foretold.

I'll watch it once it reaches Netflix or something

Neoxon

Just here on the behalf of MCU-GAF hoping for nothing but the best for Wonder Woman. I want nothing more than for both Marvel & DC to succeed, & Wonder Woman doing well critically seems to be crucial for DC. I'll be rooting for you, Diana.

eizarus

Banned
Seriously, what are the chances of these just being the handful of good reviews and the movies rating tanking later as more come in (like Suicide Squad)?
ill cry

Garlador

Just here on the behalf of MCU-GAF hoping for nothing but the best for Wonder Woman. I want nothing more than for both Marvel & DC to succeed, & Wonder Woman doing well critically seems to be crucial for DC. I'll be rooting for you, Diana.

Ditto.

I grew up loving both. It's been frustrating being a DC fan and getting subpar films for so long.

I'll be more than happy to see things change, and happy if Wonder Woman is the film to do it.

Seriously, what are the chances of these just being the handful of good reviews and the movies rating tanking later as more come in (like Suicide Squad)?
ill cry

Unless WB paid off all the critics, I really have only seen one mixed, maybe negative impression on Twitter (critics). People here that have seen it also seem pretty high on it.

eizarus

Banned
Unless WB paid off all the critics, I really have only seen one mixed, maybe negative impression on Twitter (critics). People here that have seen it also seem pretty high on it.
Excellent. I've been looking forward to this movie. Especially as I was just about to lose hope in the DCEU

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah it was based on that arc and it's just as bad. The Sequel, Throne of Atlantis, was alright though. But the last truly great DC animated movie is probably Flashpoint Paradox unless I'm forgetting something.

Go watch Justice League: Gods and Monsters. Primarily because it's not tied to nu52 at all.

Superman is actually a spawn of Zod raised by border crossing Mexicans, Batman is actually Manbat, Wonder Woman isn't Dianna but Bekka, a secondary character from the New Gods.

mzaLBTY.jpg

We could have gotten a really great series but apparently it bombed despite being a critical success.

It's the only good since-Flashpoint movie

Busty

Banned
Maybe they brought in a CG elephant to walk in front of her every time her acting is bad.

But is it actually good, or "I feel sorry for this movie." good?

I don't know about that. They're still releasing Justice League this year, aren't they?

I was wondering what happened to all the writers who were fired from that now cancelled, terrible CBS sitcom The Great Indoors?

Now I know, they are in here shitting up this thread with their 'comedy'.

ill cry

That did not happen for Suicide Squad at all. It was at like 12% after the first wave of reviews on RT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom