• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefox |OT|

flashblock

HKrWr3C.jpg

I still see tons of sites running flash. Or are you saying there's a better option than flashblock?

As for importing passwords, not messing around with that.

Edit - Turns out it'll be 21 extensions total that got disabled.

Rootbeer

Banned
I really like Firefox Quantum so far... but no Lastpass really hurts it for me. I've looked into some other stuff like KeeWeb which I suppose I COULD switch to from LP but it would take a lot of time and effort since it doesn't have a way to import from LP for some reason.

Also I'm kind of worried that XMarks has been abandoned. It hasn't been updated in a long time, and chances of it getting updated for Quantum don't seem so hot right now. :/

Keeping your bookmarks/passwords synced between multiple browsers and computers still remains a pain in the butt in 2017... shame.

If anyone still hasn't switched to Quantum (Firefox 57, basically... though it's a pretty huge update this time), check it out:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/quantum/

It's in Beta until mid-November. A lot of addons do work with it (such as the life-saving uBlock Origin) but you'll have to be careful if some of your favorites aren't updated yet.
So this has been bothering me for a long time, but why does my Firefox do this to GAF:

IeNzzuc.png
1) yeah I see this on Firefox as well, but not on Chrome
2) switch to dark theme and it will be far less noticable
3) only seems to happen when you have the page zoom above 100%

remz

Surprised to see so much negative reaction to the new ff in the thread here. I downloaded it today and think it's godlike. So much aster than chrome so far. I really like it.

I don't really use many extensions though (just stylish... which I guess is stylus now) so w/e

Mr_Zombie

Surprised to see so much negative reaction to the new ff in the thread here. I downloaded it today and think it's godlike. So much aster than chrome so far. I really like it.

I don't really use many extensions though (just stylish... which I guess is stylus now) so w/e

I got used to the new look, although I still prefer the old one. I still miss my extensions, though.

Branduil

I really like Firefox Quantum so far... but no Lastpass really hurts it for me. I've looked into some other stuff like KeeWeb which I suppose I COULD switch to from LP but it would take a lot of time and effort since it doesn't have a way to import from LP for some reason.

Also I'm kind of worried that XMarks has been abandoned. It hasn't been updated in a long time, and chances of it getting updated for Quantum don't seem so hot right now. :/

Keeping your bookmarks/passwords synced between multiple browsers and computers still remains a pain in the butt in 2017... shame.

If anyone still hasn't switched to Quantum (Firefox 57, basically... though it's a pretty huge update this time), check it out:

It's in Beta until mid-November. A lot of addons do work with it (such as the life-saving uBlock Origin) but you'll have to be careful if some of your favorites aren't updated yet.

I can see that but only if I zoom the page after loading. On reload at any zoom level it goes away.

I see it no matter the zoom level.

Maybe this was a nasty coincidence, but on my work computer, I'm running the Beta. Whenever I tried launching it, my whole computer became very unresponsive. I had to uninstall and reinstall. Has this ever happened to anyone?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man

Tested the speeds between FF 56 and 57.

56 => 66.38
57 => 72.12
Chrome/61.0.3163.102 => 87.54

https://mozilla.github.io/arewefastyet-speedometer/2.0//

Not as big an improvement as I thought it would be. I imagine that most gains are by lower end processors? I have an i7 6700K.

Might be just this latest version, but if anything it's slower than the old one for me. Noticeable difference in how long some pages take to load.

I love Firefox. Swapped it out for Chrome though. Streaming 1080p twitch video uses 100% CPU, three times more than Chrome or Edge. I have an older CPU A10 with 7660g and 7730 m GPU laptop but the drivers are up to date. Tried everything on the mozilla website. Any insight on the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Joyful

57 is the nail in the coffin for me probably

most of my useful addons stopped working and I cant find decent replacements

speed isnt everything mozilla

I'm sticking with 56 Nightly until Classic Theme Restorer is updated for Quantum. Can't stand the new look.

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx

I love Firefox. Swapped it out for Chrome though. Streaming 1080p twitch video uses 100% CPU, three times more than Chrome or Edge. I have an older CPU A10 with 7660g and 7730 m GPU laptop but the drivers are up to date. Tried everything on the mozilla website. Any insight on the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Go to Firefox Reddit and look for similar topics, or make a new topic. They're pretty helpful*.

Some CPU "issues" are due to video codec or something.

*Just don't go "OMG old addon not working, firefox dead, fuck you mozilla, here's another shitpost". At this point in time, both sides are tired of those ramblings.

Top Bottom