• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac hint: Special Sunset Overdrive themed Xbox One coming soon?

LordDisco

Neo Member
I really wish at this point that all of the new consoles would give you an option like the Wii U, where the base hard drive is minimal, and you can use all kinds of external storage devices instead. This would definitely make the consoles significantly cheaper, and we, as the consumers, could just buy our own hard drives that aren't special to the particular system.

I would buy a 32GB Xbox One without Kinect in a heartbeat if the price was right. I'd just slap on a 2TB hard drive and be good to go! Sadly, that ain't gonna happen.

Either way, I'd love to see a sweet lookin' Xbox One. I like the idea of a Sunset Overdrive themed one, and I'm sure there will inevitably be a Halo Master Chief Collection XBone and a Halo 5 XBone in the future.

I would buy a 32GB Xbox One without Kinect in a heartbeat if the price was right. I'd just slap on a 2TB hard drive and be good to go! Sadly, that ain't gonna happen.

Either way, I'd love to see a sweet lookin' Xbox One. I like the idea of a Sunset Overdrive themed one, and I'm sure there will inevitably be a Halo Master Chief Collection XBone and a Halo 5 XBone in the future.

Well, you can use external hard drives for installs etc on XB1 for your content? But obviously you have to have the 500gb with the base model, I doubt it would affect the cost that much anyway

I could just as easily interpret that quote as meaning there will be an Xbox One with Sunset Overdrive packed in the box. That would still be a "special edition" of the system, since it would be a limited time pack in, similar to Titanfall. And not necessarily a themed or colored system.

However, it is funny that Microsoft had those white Xbox Ones for their executives since launch, many many gaffers loved the white design, yet Sony beats them to the market with the white console. I would have thought that with the reaction to the white system on the net, Microsoft would have that thing on the market by now.

mreddie

Orange ONE?

Morpheus-Come-At-Me-Bro-Reaction-Gif-In-The-Matrix.gif

LordDisco

Neo Member
Well, you can use external hard drives for installs etc on XB1 for your content? But obviously you have to have the 500gb with the base model, I doubt it would affect the cost that much anyway

It would make some kind of difference, definitely, considering now the price of the XBone without Kinect is still $400. Even if it just dropped it $50, that would be helpful for a lot of people, especially if they already have a big hard drive laying around.

I know it won't happen, but it's wishful thinking. I'll eventually get XBone, but I'm content without it at the moment. :)

White PS4 already announced, white Xbox One soon...

I want a white WiiU !

oh wait... :p

The white PS4 and Xbox One look sexy as fuck, I'm definitely getting them. White Nintendo products just look... cheap, unfortunately. Like a toy. I prefer black Nintendo products by a large margin

Just bundle it with the standard Xbox One. Limited edition consoles are generally terrible and ugly-looking, so I actually may pass on this if the console is gaudy or colored. I'd much rather just have the normal One with a copy of the game.

jacobeid

Banned
If I can buy a bundle this fall that includes a white bone and Sunset Overdrive, I'll likely HAVE to buy one. I wouldn't mind, but I had enough games releasing this year and early next year to have to worry about buying a bone...though I really really really want Forza.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I can't see a game like Sunset Overdrive, with its cool art being bundled with a plain Jane white Xbox.
I'd expect yellow and orange with splatter marks.

Y;know, watching the RTX footage and seeing how JSteve responds to the question, I'm starting to think there might not be any themed hardware...

jem0208

I think the best way to go about doing a themed package would just be a themed controller with a standard console.

Bgamer90

Banned
Alright, here it is. Skip all the way to the 22:00:05 mark and watch for about two minutes.

Question: "This game looks amazing and I pretty much know I'm going to be buying an Xbox One for this game so do you know by any chance if there will be an Xbox One skin -- special edition type thing?"

Insomniac: "Stayed tuned!"

I'd prefer it to be Orange as well, maybe with Fizzie on it. Only after the controller really, still haven't picked up a 2nd one yet.

Top Bottom