• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PSP Appreciation and Collecting Thread

PaulBizkit

The best thing about the screenshot plugin (that turns the musical note into a screenshot button) is that you can just ss at any moment.

Persona 3 Portable

pp2.png

pp3_1.png

pp1.png

Monster Hunter 3rd Portable (not even started it)

mh1.png

Danganronpa Demo

dr1.png

dr2.png

God Eater Burst (wallpaper material in spades)

ge1_1.png

ge4.png

ge5.png

ge7_1.png

ge6.png

ge8.png

Lurking...
ge2_1.png

ge3.png

I can't believe how model-y Alisa is, it's almost like she's possing all the time

Besides, making your OWN wallpapers with these screenshots feels like craftmanship.

buizel

Banned
The best thing about the screenshot plugin (that turns the musical note into a screenshot button) is that you can just ss at any moment.

Persona 3 Portable

pp2.png

pp3_1.png

pp1.png

Monster Hunter 3rd Portable (not even started it)

mh1.png

Danganronpa Demo

dr1.png

dr2.png

God Eater Burst (wallpaper material in spades)

ge1_1.png

ge4.png

ge5.png

ge7_1.png

ge6.png

ge8.png

Lurking...
ge2_1.png

ge3.png

I can't believe how model-y Alisa is, it's almost like she's possing all the time

Besides, making your OWN wallpapers with these screenshots feels like craftmanship.

Very nice, wheres that plugin? That little sound button is basically not-used on my PSP.

Thems some good graphics, shame I dont like JRPG stuff. Still, plenty of great looking western psp titles like Project 8.

PaulBizkit

Very nice, wheres that plugin? That little sound button is basically not-used on my PSP.

Thems some good graphics, shame I dont like JRPG stuff. Still, plenty of great looking western psp titles like Project 8.

It's called PRXShot. Look for it in nicoblog

PaulBizkit

If any of you guys are spanish-speaking, I know a very active facebook group where you can talk, share experiences, ask questions and all that stuff.

PM me if you are interested

buizel

Banned
Yo someone help me out please,

Im trying desperately to find a PSP extension cable for the video out. I have a PSP 3000 and a Component cable, and its decent but very short.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001IZXGPM/

These seem to exist, but I cannot for the life of me find one in stock anywhere online.

I found this website here:
https://www.discoazul.co.uk/extension-cable-for-psp-slim-and-lite.html

But it locks up everytime I try to make an order which is weird (after I select PayPal it forwards me to a 'ERROR' page). Thats the ONLY place I see online that has it. I live in UK btw, anyone found one of these bad boys - of even better have a spare i could buy from you?! <3

Went to have a quick look for one and you're right there isn't really one besides these sorts of ones, which there's no one around to update for 2018: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/upco...-2017-edition.1329852/page-125#post-253209773

A new thread could be set up if there's any real interest for it?

Yes I'd love a new PSP thread, I'd be ready to contribute! I can post why TH Project 8 is awesome as fuck.

Last edited:
Yo someone help me out please,

Im trying desperately to find a PSP extension cable for the video out. I have a PSP 3000 and a Component cable, and its decent but very short.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001IZXGPM/

These seem to exist, but I cannot for the life of me find one in stock anywhere online.

I found this website here:
https://www.discoazul.co.uk/extension-cable-for-psp-slim-and-lite.html

But it locks up everytime I try to make an order which is weird (after I select PayPal it forwards me to a 'ERROR' page). Thats the ONLY place I see online that has it. I live in UK btw, anyone found one of these bad boys - of even better have a spare i could buy from you?! <3

should be plenty cheap China made on Ebay

also try searching for a ps3 controller cable in search terms

Last edited:

EDMIX

Respect. Playing Chains Of Olympus right now on PS3. Though I'm not playing it on PSP, it was still originally a PSP game. They did WONDERS with that little platform. Basically the first portable home console with console quality

buizel

Banned
Is it possible to connect the psp to a tv ?
Or a vita ?

Yeah, for PSP 2000 and 3000 models at least, not sure about 1st gen model.

Theres component cables you can buy or composite, id recommend component cause quality is much better.

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MXX9U62/

As you might notice few posts above im looking for an extension cable fr the same lead, which they used to sell back in the day. The cable is v short.

DonJimbo

Yeah, for PSP 2000 and 3000 models at least, not sure about 1st gen model.

Theres component cables you can buy or composite, id recommend component cause quality is much better.

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MXX9U62/

As you might notice few posts above im looking for an extension cable fr the same lead, which they used to sell back in the day. The cable is v short.
Thanks mate will look for this cables for my psp 3004

NovumAngel

Banned
Yes I'd love a new PSP thread, I'd be ready to contribute! I can post why TH Project 8 is awesome as fuck.
I was responding to Poppsy about the Vita thread with that comment actually.

Do we need to create another PSP thread? I thought this one was still ok to use but if you think otherwise then we can work something out.

Last edited:

buizel

Banned
I was responding to Poppsy about the Vita thread with that comment actually.

Do we need to create another PSP thread? I thought this one was still ok to use but if you think otherwise then we can work something out.

My bad im not too bothered, this theads fine :D

I remember importing one of these and feeling like the future had arrived when I opened the packaging. Such a stunning looking console with astounding portable graphics and quite the library too. And then it got hacked and things got even more amazing. But if that wasn't enough to blow your mind Sony went and released the Go which is almost perfection in handheld form as its design is so wonderful, battery lasts for ages and smaller screen made the games look even better. Only downside was that darn nub <shudders>

I can't believe I'm looking back on the PSP nostalgically. Time sure does fly. It was released when I was only 13!

Without a doubt my most hyped console before it was released, and the one I've been most obsessed about. It just blew my mind that I could play games with 3D graphics on a handheld, now I take it for granted since I can play them on my phone. The screen was amazing, and the ability to play video files portably. Nowadays these kind of things are normal since every phone has it, but back then the PSP was the best portable media device available. Was my first MP3 player as well. Not to mention first portable emulation device.

I always say how the smartphone revolution happened back when the PSP got hacked. If Sony knew what the potential was perhaps they could've beaten Apple to the punch.

Oh yes and when PS1 game support came along and then the emulator was hacked to allow us to onvert any PS1 game to PSP, my heart just couldn't handle all the joy. Again it's something we take for granted now, but PORTABLE FUCKING PS1 GAMES!!! Still blows my mind.

The great thing for me is there's still so much of the library I haven't played yet and there's still a game I'm looking forward to play from it! Type-0, the fan translation of which will be out in August. Can't wait to experience it on *Dat OLED.

I use it to play this game at the same age :)

Going to make my first gaming post here.

I absolutely love the PSP for introducing me to the Ys Series and Falcom in particular.

It has so many hidden gems that I likely won't be ever be able to buy them (Ys 3 goes for so much now that for someone living in the UK who mostly buys physical copies makes it hard), however I believe now is the best time to buy them before it gets too crazy.

At the moment my wishlist is to get Lunar Star Story physical and Ys 3 down the line).

I hacked my PSP only 2 years ago and regret not doing it sooner, although it seems that Gurumin has sound issues if you play for too long? (The music stops but the Sound effects carry on). I still buy the games but rip them from the UMDs and play it that way.

I appreciate the Screenshot feature much more than I would have done years ago as there are so many Gem one liners in each game that I wish to archive and hope to edit for funnier results (a side hobby I do). Gurumin has them in bucket loads!

Speaking of which; I am not 100% but does anyone know if there is an English Patch for the Yakuza games on PSP?

I know some people hated the second entry to Valkyria Chronicles but I honestly loved the game for just being a portable version (shouldn't have been called 2 though), anime notwithstanding. I beat 3 before the English Patch and should try again bht the damn boss for one of the Final Missions I skipped!

I should probably list what I own and ask for recommendations but there are some genres I simply cannot get into such as Racing Sims, Sports and Western Based Action Games.

buizel

Banned
Going to make my first gaming post here.

I absolutely love the PSP for introducing me to the Ys Series and Falcom in particular.

It has so many hidden gems that I likely won't be ever be able to buy them (Ys 3 goes for so much now that for someone living in the UK who mostly buys physical copies makes it hard), however I believe now is the best time to buy them before it gets too crazy.

At the moment my wishlist is to get Lunar Star Story physical and Ys 3 down the line).

I hacked my PSP only 2 years ago and regret not doing it sooner, although it seems that Gurumin has sound issues if you play for too long? (The music stops but the Sound effects carry on). I still buy the games but rip them from the UMDs and play it that way.

I appreciate the Screenshot feature much more than I would have done years ago as there are so many Gem one liners in each game that I wish to archive and hope to edit for funnier results (a side hobby I do). Gurumin has them in bucket loads!

Speaking of which; I am not 100% but does anyone know if there is an English Patch for the Yakuza games on PSP?

I know some people hated the second entry to Valkyria Chronicles but I honestly loved the game for just being a portable version (shouldn't have been called 2 though), anime notwithstanding. I beat 3 before the English Patch and should try again bht the damn boss for one of the Final Missions I skipped!

I should probably list what I own and ask for recommendations but there are some genres I simply cannot get into such as Racing Sims, Sports and Western Based Action Games.

I should really do some videos on PSP, that thing is a literal gold mine.

PSP Sports Titles?

Well, im not a big sports fan but I like:

NBA Street Showdown

It's basically a hip/modern version of NBA Jam/Hangtime - the best basketball games ever made. Thats the best way I can describe it, it has extra moves you can pull off but effectively its the same principle as NBA Jam and very arcadey and not like... crap and realistic. Only downside is you can't make a chicken.

(it really does play like NBA Jam) Unfortunately it doesnt have Bill Clinton and Will Smith
fa2ajvotyqrdqvo4bwv2.jpg
eauzydkctkdnrzfacyyx.jpg

Also, just wanted to repost this list of excellent Diablo-esque loot-er games on the PSP:
  • Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony
  • Untold Legends 1 and 2
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2
  • X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
  • Valhalla Knights 1 and 2
  • Alien Syndrome
  • Dungeon Explorer
  • Silverfall
  • Zenonia
  • Phantasy Star Portable 1 and 2
  • Unchained Blades 1 and EXXIV
  • Class of Heroes 1 and 2
  • Warriors of the Lost Empire
  • Brandish: The Dark Revenant
  • Neopets Wand of Wishing
  • Cladun 1 and 2
  • Powder
Also Diablo 1. This console, literally the console of the forever.

drganon

I never owned a PSP, but I do own a pstv. I got for persona 4 golden, but eventually got the digital psp version of persona 3. The ability to control your party alone makes it better than the ps2 version in my opinion.

Top Bottom