• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

EOl6TDD.png
By the way this is Thread 18

Important Links

Official Website | Hub for everything Best Friends and more, including the videos Youtube hates!

Youtube Channel | Source for most full game playthroughs and the majority of Best Friends content.

Machinima Channel | Heavily cut, one-shot playthroughs for newer releases and goofy nonsense.

The hypest podcast in gaming for over a year, the Super Best Friendcast is a weekly podcast starring all the Best Friends. Each week the Zaibatsu talk about their weekly endeavors, discuss the happenings in the video game industry and other assorted pop culture nerd shit, and read questions sent in through email. What’s the email, you ask? It’s superbestfriendcast@gmail.com.
zO59xLE.png

I haven't heard of these guys before, why should I get into their stuff?
The chemistry that each member has with each other provides for genuinely funny and light hearted entertainment. Each member has their own preferences when it comes to games and such, but they all have passion to create content that they like making and that fans like taking part in. You are bound to either enjoy the company of all members or find a combo that you enjoy the most. There is plenty of content to dive into as well.

Whats the difference between the main channel and the Machinima channel?
The main Youtube channel has full playthroughs and ongoing playthroughs. Machinima videos are edited down and more quickfire comedy. features only available on that channel.

What type of games do they play?
The Best Friends play games they personally want to play along with games they feel will provide entertainment for fans. So expect games ranging from current gen to older handheld games or SNES/Genesis games.
VDKvpwT.jpg

Rx2PKGZ.png

Ongoing

Friday Night Fisticuffs | “So, this is like a new segment we wanna do, cause I wanna play fighting games.” — Pat

Cryme Tyme With Woolie and Matt | Watch Matt and Woolie plunge themselves into a forgettable era of gangster games, with muffled rap music playing in the distance.

Creepy Anime Bullshit | Turn off the lights and shut the curtains 'cause Liam and Matt are playing those weird Japanese games you don't want your friends or family to catch you watching.

Huntin’ n Killin’ with Matt & Liam | There's a shit ton of hunting and/or killing of animals in these games.

Super Best Friends Brawl | In battles of skills, salt, and ginger seeking chomp chomps, only one will prevail.

Mystery Box | A random selection of game quick looks at anything, be it good, bad, or just generally mysterious. You never know what you get till you click.

Completed

Matt and Pat's Shitstorm of Scariness | 31 horror games are played, do Matt and Pat have what it takes to escape the storm of shit?

Shitstorm 2: The Shittening | The sequel to Shitstorm of Scariness. Expect more horror, expect more shit.

Shitstorm 3: Shittribution | The third part of the Shitstorm Saga, but with a twist! A new formula has been adapted where they do 3 scary games which they have 1 week to finish. The last week continues with their one-offs.

Rustlemania | 31 Days. 31 russling games. Unlimited Benoit.

The Amazing Superfriends | The Best Friends play 31 of the best and worst (but mostly worst) superhero games out there. Expect constant shit talking of Cyclops.

Fighterpedia | Sit down friends, and listen closely, as you are about to receive fighting game knowledge.

Scrublords | When you combine fighting game fans with shitty fighting games, you start wars.
0KYcyyv.png

Plague of Gripes

Draws and animates for the Best Friends. Likes drawing buff Saiyan girls and has an encyclopedic knowledge of creepy animal sex facts. Twitter | DeviantART | Youtube | Tumblr

2Snacks

Draws and animates for the Best Friends. Made Pat’s obsession with ponies canon. Twitter | Youtube | DeviantART | Tumblr

CrankyConstruct

Draws and animates for the Best Friends. Makes the most kawaii 2BF art. Twitter | Youtube | DeviantART | Tumblr

y1OuXj1.png

Zaibatsupedia | The Best Friends wiki. Has tons of info and trivia.

Best Friends Zaibatsu | Fan made tumblr with fan made art, captured pics, videos, quotes, and more.

Fuck Yeah Two Best Friends Play | Another tumblr fan page similar content.

TBFStream Daily | Best Friends content is streamed on a live channel, chat with other SBF fans while watching SBF.

TV Tropes Page | Full of interesting examinations of the entire catalog of Best Friends content.

/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay | Fan subreddit. Woolie and Liam sometimes post there. Has some Best Friend AMAs too.

njDTMRc.png

Super Best Fans | A place for fellow 2BF fans to hang out and play games, on consoles or on PC. Private message PhantomGaming for an invite to the group. Make sure to add your Steam URL to the private message.

You know, I jokingly said that you should remember to finish the OP, but you actually didn't. Good job, RF. Good job.
Well aside from the part where I lost all the edits and redid it all, the links I left off in recent project are because there's no playlist yet.

Unless you mean something else I'm being dumb about.

The OP looks a bit light. Almost like it is 3/5ths of an OP

PSA

Remember to keep the conversations SbF related. They are watching.

Anung

Un Rama
The only thing this thread needs is something in the title to let people who were scared away that we are cool again. And that the lewd has been purged...forever.

KidDork

Watched Rustlemania today. I'm not surprised that all the things that made this game look great--a story, RPG elements, voice work--was abandoned. Why pay extra for things when the fans show up regardless? I mean, sure,the Attitude era was fun, but honestly! Having to pay writers? Having to come up with characters? Having to create goddamn storylines?

We live in dark times.

Numb

That fresh new thread. I'm ready for more Mystery Box shenanigans to occur.

I want escalation.

As long as Matt doesn't get tired of trolling them(never) we will be getting more mystery boxes.
Why do you think there are so many zeroes in the the mystery box numbering?

I want to see Chicken Little Ace in Action.

Neol

New thread with that new thread smell.

Here's to more rustlemania, friendcast and other shenanigans.

As long as Matt doesn't get tired of trolling them(never) we will be getting more mystery boxes.
Why do you think there are so many zeroes in the the mystery box numbering?

I want to see Chicken Little Ace in Action.

#666 is gonna be a hell of a doozy.

YISS REBOOT IS GETTING A PUSH FOR SUMMERSLAM!

Thanks to Woolie, I decided to find and buy the full series of ReBoot and watch it.

I used to watch episodes out of order and sporadically on toonami, so watching Bob and Enzo become badass over 4 seasons sounds pretty cool.

Also, YAY #3 SHAMECAR DRIVER!

I might wanna try out VPW2. It looks like dumb fun. I'm amazed that a thing like this got fan translated. It looks really good for a fan translation

I am absolutely loving all these guest promos that play right before the actual Rustlemania video.

They really went all out on this shit. Such a great month ahead of us.

Xiraiya

Guest promo today was a little eh, the others have been amusing though.

Everytime they play an Aki Engine game I get sad knowing it'll never exist in a modern format.
Is it so wrong to want a fighting game that plays like a refined Def Jam with Wrestlemania 2000 level customization and the visuals to be put on current gen consoles with constant updates and DLCs and expansions?

That's the game I want.

Guest promo today was a little eh, the others have been amusing though.

Everytime they play an Aki Engine game I get sad knowing it'll never exist in a modern format.
Is it so wrong to want a fighting game that plays like a refined Def Jam with Wrestlemania 2000 level customization and the visuals to be put on current gen consoles with constant updates and DLCs and expansions?

That's the game I want.

Yeah it's a bummer we can't get something like that.

For all the cool things that the 2K games do(Character creator, custom intros, etc) it's not worth it when the gameplay is so painfully mediocre.

Top Bottom