• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

ahm998

Awesome , my wife will be happy she can exercise while she is pregnant :D

Only less than 10 days and she will play with me wii fit & wii party,Wii Sport Club.

dock

I think I did hear you could transfer your data to it. Is it not one of the titles where you can just copy the save file to SD and put on your Wii U without having to do a system transfer?
I'm confused by this. You talk as though it's already out, or this has been revealed. What gives you the impression that it's "one of those titles"? Are there any other titles let you transfer Wii saves to Wii U?

Robin64

I'm confused by this. You talk as though it's already out, or this has been revealed. What gives you the impression that it's "one of those titles"? Are there any other titles let you transfer Wii saves to Wii U?

I think the notion is this:

On your Wii, move the Wii Fit save to the SD card.
Put the SD card in your Wii U, enter Wii mode and move the save file on to the U.

Haven't had to go through the System Transfer process for that.

dock

I have my fit meter being delivered with free shipping from amazon, so hopefully it'll arrive on Friday. Of course, I'll have to start moving more during the day... :0

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It just hit me, I wonder if we get something back for the DDP, because you get usually full points even when you buy at a reduced price.

iphys

That hasn't been my experience. I always got DDP points based on the amount spent, so I think we'd get zilch.

Robin64

Hoping this is up at midnight so I can get on with making us a community before I have to go sleep.

I wonder exactly how much info other people see in those..

7CQUb7d.jpg

Quick question: do you guys think it'll be ok to take the fit meter in a plane? Won't it be bad fo the altitude metter in it?
I'm leaving on hollydays and wanted to bring that litle sucker with me since I'll be doing quite a lot of trekking in the mountains.

Robin64

Quick question: do you guys think it'll be ok to take the fit metter in a plane? Won't it be bad fo the alititude metter in it?
I'm leaving on hollydays and wanted to bring that litle sucker with me since I'll be doing quite a lot of trekking in the mountains.

I imagine all it will do is show a high on the graph of altitude which you can remember was your journey on the plane. As you're not moving yourself, it won't tie it to exercise. The Nintendo Direct breaks it down quite well, but you'll see high altitude with zero exercise.

Exile20

Quick question: do you guys think it'll be ok to take the fit meter in a plane? Won't it be bad fo the altitude metter in it?

Do it and post a screenshot of the graph. Would love to see this.

Does the Fit Meter distinguish between running and walking (i.e., running up a hill as opposed to walking up a hill, the former being harder and more calorie burning of course).

iphys

If it's with you in the pressurized cabin, I don't think you'll see the full extent of the altitude anyway. If it's in your checked baggage, then maybe, but they've probably built the meter to handle that eventuality.

enishi

Japan eshop has been updated with Wii Fit U, downloading it right now.

Hopefully I can get a fit meter tomorrow (I am not in Japan so only a few shops will sell it)

patientx

Guys do you know of any place I can buy fit meter which ships internationally ? Or can someone here buy it for me send it for me ?

PedroRVD

How much does the balance board weigh? (without manuals and maybe the box)

I want to import one, but the weight limit to bring to Ecuador is 4kg :(

How much does the balance board weigh? (without manuals and maybe the box)

I want to import one, but the weight limit to bring to Ecuador is 4kg :(

I just measured mine without any box, and it seems to be about 8 pounds (including 4 AA batteries), so slightly under that limit.

Giving Nintendo UK's online store a chance, they shipped my Fit Meters yesterday, me and dad have been using Wii Fit Plus for a while, though we fell off the wagon a little in the last month or so (currently off sick too with a chest infection, bummer)

Looking forward to getting back on track though.

CDX

How is the Fit Meter powered? Does it have its own battery, or do you have to buy your own? How does it charge?

It would've been cool if it was rechargeable but Nintendo hasn't mentioned anything at all about that so far. So I don't think it's rechargeable.

So I'm just going to guess it's the same one the Pokewalker used, a CR2032 battery

v5CuGPh.png

OdZpYFO.png

Nintendo could've changed how you access the Fit Meter battery, compared to the Pokewalker, I don't think I've seen the back of it yet.

weevles

I will preorder a fit meter but are only GS and TRU selling these? Both want to charge me a bunch for shipping which I no likey. :p

cheapsuit

Neo Member
I will preorder a fit meter but are only GS and TRU selling these? Both want to charge me a bunch for shipping which I no likey. :p

Amazon has them listed as well.

I intended to wait and see what stores locally carried them. But with a bad experience from TRU and Gamestop only listing it as online only, I decided to cash in my change to help take the sting off of shipping from Amazon

Eric C

Amazon and NewEgg have them too.

If you have Amazon Prime you can still get it on release day if you order in the next few hours.

Amazon has them listed as well.

I intended to wait and see what stores locally carried them. But with a bad experience from TRU and Gamestop only listing it as online only, I decided to cash in my change to help take the sting off of shipping from Amazon

I know Gamestop is listed as online only on their site, but I was able to preorder in store.

kitsuneyo

It would've been cool if it was rechargeable but Nintendo hasn't mentioned anything at all about that so far. So I don't think it's rechargeable.

So I'm just going to guess it's the same one the Pokewalker used, a CR2032 battery

Nintendo could've changed how you access the Fit Meter battery, compared to the Pokewalker, I don't think I've seen the back of it yet.

That's ok I guess, those batteries tend to last for ages.

Cherubae

Not so sure how much exercise you can get from the water squirting game. Guess we'll find out in a day or so. My Fit Meter should be delivered on Friday from Amazon.

If it's with you in the pressurized cabin, I don't think you'll see the full extent of the altitude anyway. If it's in your checked baggage, then maybe, but they've probably built the meter to handle that eventuality.

Thank you very much for that educated remark. Since I plan on buying two, I'll take my gf one in the cabin, and mine will stay in the baggage hold of the plane so we can compare the results.

Do it and post a screenshot of the graph. Would love to see this.

As I will be faaaar away from the U during a month, it'll take some time for me to be able to post the screenshot. But will sure to try to report on the results before that (with pictures of the meter if it does display this kind of data), for useless science's sake.

Didn't even realised this was (apparently) almost exactly the same hardware: nintendo do are genious when it comes to make profit.
Not that I'm complaining, heard the pokewalker was a surprisingly excelent device, up to some "pro" podometers standards. Expect the fit meter to be just that, with couple more features.

Diortem7

I wonder if NoA will ever release the black balance board in North America. I own the black deluxe Wii U and I like my accessories to match the console. :p

adroit

Thank you very much for that educated remark. Since I plan on buying two, I'll take my gf one in the cabin, and mine will stay in the baggage hold of the plane so we can compare the results.
And here's a little trivia...when they say they are "pressurizing the cabin" they are actually depressurizing it. The cabin isn't strong enough to maintain ground air pressure at cruising altitude. So they reduce it.

Top Bottom