• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikokuno

Complaining about Shine lol, I'll gladly trade my Nine for her!

Did ELT 3 times this morning and saw the bomb once, but it doesn't even seem to give that much more phantoma. A little bit but not as much as previous bonus encounters. Still sticking to the dunes since there's not much I want from mog king, certainly not going for a moogle this time around.

Problem is I have 0 part II chars so farming WP is way too slow :( but I glad it's a Shine tho

Rixa

I have 4 Cinques, tho using only 3 on my party + 2 Noc's and friend event unit.

Not sure I wanna sacrifice Gil to DKC when Enchantments hit cause I don't know does it bring anything new to my already fabulous team.

NomarTyme

I thought the material is way more limited that getting gils? I imagine we get the Gil snappers on steroid soon. Can the people playing Japan version drop some knowledge on us. I taking about enhancement material btw.

Rixa

I thought the material is way more limited that getting gils? I imagine we get the Gil snappers on steroid soon. Can the people playing Japan version drop some knowledge on us. I taking about enhancement material btw.

Yup. This was 135000 Gil. So materials will be the big problem, not the GIL.

Screenshot_20170224-103114.png

Shouta

Got an Eight in the Daily Half Pull. That should help with getting currency, lol. I got enough to awaken Ramza to 6-star though and he has Hero Rime now. I just need to max him out.

Syntsui

Yup. This was 135000 Gil. So materials will be the big problem, not the GIL.

Screenshot_20170224-103114.png
Assuming this drop rate is common enough, that's like 45 runs per fully enhanced character (of course this will vary and not all enhancements are worth it). How much NRG are we talking about?

Also, we will have to farm the materials/mog king events concurrently with the gil snappers, no? Enhancements will be a grind fest in every single way possible.

Xion86

Second Rulers Ring done :)

ySSaazBl.png

Been sticking to Dunes today.
(
Whilst setting up my Nintendo Switch and giving it a try :D
)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
7th ticket: Gold Vanille.

2 dailies and 8 tickets in (including the free one we got the other day) and I have exactly 1 Cinque.

Lyrian

Futile as it is, who else is stealing that 2 phantoma from the boss every time?

I am.

Got my Nine up for bonus purposes for GAF.

GAF Queen w/ Dual Wield = nap time. Seriously, is that even slower than Dual Wielding Hope?

Haven't seen any bombs yet today, but have seen Nimbus twice. 2k for an ELT run with Nimbus with friend Queen is semi-depressing to witness.

Lyrian

Enhancements are gonna be interesting, I have a feeling we are going to get global exclusive ones quite often.

That's a practical certainty at this point. And they will keep showing up every time the player base attempts to re-establish a JP baseline for character progression once enhancements are patched into the game.

Assuming this drop rate is common enough, that's like 45 runs per fully enhanced character (of course this will vary and not all enhancements are worth it). How much NRG are we talking about?

Also, we will have to farm the materials/mog king events concurrently with the gil snappers, no? Enhancements will be a grind fest in every single way possible.

Wha?

Were you thinking that a unit was going to be fully enhanced in something like 100 EN, tops?

In a game where people are macroing TMs because they are the mother-of-all-grinds, why in the universe would the next set of upgrades NOT be a grind? What else are you going to do in this game once the grinds are done?

C'mon, man. I can't believe you wrote that.

Took over 50 runs. Ran into my first Golden Bomb.

Do they always only show up in a qty of 1? If so the wait wasn't really worth it.

Maybe tomorrow I'll see my first Nimbus.

Lyrian

Took over 50 runs. Ran into my first Golden Bomb.

Do they always only show up in a qty of 1? If so the wait wasn't really worth it.

Maybe tomorrow I'll see my first Nimbus.

Just one AFAIK. Haven't heard anything about multiple spawning bomb floors. Wouldn't make sense either, as two golden bombs would yield more phantoma than Nimbus spawning.

across

What a dreary event.

Tickets, SQ, maybe Gigantuars, and the rest is a hard pass. The nice (?) thing about never pulling 5* units is that you don't always need to buy out the 6* material stock every time.

EDarkness

7th ticket: Gold Vanille.

2 dailies and 8 tickets in (including the free one we got the other day) and I have exactly 1 Cinque.

The pull rate for the banner characters is pretty terrible this time around. They REALLY want people to pull a lot to use up those tickets.

Muku

Yeah I'm surprised by how few people have the new units.

Are you guys not pulling on this banner?

Not pulling. Not interested in the units. I have perfectly fine Type-0 characters already.

Mainly not pulling because.. I don't even care about TMs or characters. I have no attachment to Type-0 and tired of another round of this shit. First time? Okay, I'll bite. Second time? I'm going to pass and keep my lapis for good shit. Like Player's Choice banner or something.

Syntsui

That's a practical certainty at this point. And they will keep showing up every time the player base attempts to re-establish a JP baseline for character progression once enhancements are patched into the game.

Wha?

Were you thinking that a unit was going to be fully enhanced in something like 100 EN, tops?

In a game where people are macroing TMs because they are the mother-of-all-grinds, why in the universe would the next set of upgrades NOT be a grind? What else are you going to do in this game once the grinds are done?

C'mon, man. I can't believe you wrote that.
The whole point is that we have to choose carefully who we want to enhance, even if it will be easier to get gold in the future, there will be a lot of things to manage at the same time. No one will be able to enhance dozens of characters left and right.

across

Not pulling. Not interested in the units. I have perfectly fine Type-0 characters already.

Mainly not pulling because.. I don't even care about TMs or characters. I have no attachment to Type-0 and tired of another round of this shit. First time? Okay, I'll bite. Second time? I'm going to pass and keep my lapis for good shit. Like Player's Choice banner or something.

Well, look on the bright side, it's not like there's going to be another round of Type-0 units in the near future with an equally worthless 3* base, a highly questionable 4* base and a valuable 5* base that is nevertheless a 5* base you're unlikely to pull. And they won't be attached to another dreadful Mog King event with sleep-inducing rewards.

So that's a relief.

Lyrian

The whole point is that we have to choose carefully who we want to enhance, even if it will be easier to get gold in the future, there will be a lot of things to manage at the same time. No one will be able to enhance dozens of characters left and right.

That's a better claim.

To be honest, enhancements are going to follow the same trend as every other system in gacha games. Enhancements are going to be very hard at first, and will get progressively easier over time to obtain.

So, yes, for the first few months after enhancements arrive, I agree that players will have to prioritize which units to enhance. But like all gacha games, when the next wave of power creep after enhancements arrive (likely 7* unit upgrades), then 6* enhancements will become much easier to obtain.

Just look at this week's upgrade to Cactaur Dunes (and gil snappers last week) to see a method of power creep (fully leveling 6* units for their level 100 defining ability) becoming easier to obtain over time. And via the laziness of Gumi, lucky players got to momentarily experience the next wave of power creep for these two advancement components that is yet to come in Global's future.

Lyrian

When is playing a game not really a game anymore?

I think I'm going to draw my personal line on this when min/maxing the game at when routine game actions are broken down in an Excel spreadsheet via complex models to determine mathematical efficiency per premium currency unit.

Semi-Spoiler Alert: That line of logic never goes well, because in scenarios like that, there generally is only one prevailing course of action and the answer is always to perform that action in lieu of every other possible action in a game. For Exvius-GAF vets, pretty much everyone knows what that action is for this game already, so no need to re-summon the undead stallion here.

Have to say though, this is the first time I've ever seen a moderately convincing argument for running a Mog King event with zero bonus units. The logic somewhat actually holds water, except that time is not infinite to run a trillion event runs for event currency.

Syntsui

Oh my god there will be more banners of this piece of shit game? It's not like we are missing several main line representations already.

RK respects the brand so much more it's not even funny.

across

I assume you're referring to this post over on Reddit?

I'm looking at this (drab, disappointing) event and trying to focus on the silver lining. 750 Lapis (ELT Reward + missions from each difficulty), 1 base ticket, 10 extra tickets if you can be bothered to sink the energy in, and Gigantuars competitive with the average improved Dunes/NRG as long as you can grab around 100% bonus (friend Queen, your 3* base + friend 3* base, whatever).

I personally think a big part of the problem is that these nonsense events run for two weeks. Condense the costs and rewards such that you can acquire the same amount (not more) of rewards in a week and it wouldn't feel so tedious. Would also help GL pacing from falling behind JP even further thanks to GL-exclusive events. I don't expect us to ever catch up, but we're losing ground, not gaining it. This only exacerbates the equally tedious future-sight of the GL playerbase.

I can't wait for Orlandu to get his enhancements in JP the same week we get Aileen in GL and read a 4,000 word dissertation at Reddit on why you are a dummy dumb-dumb head who smells of elderberries if you make the objectively inferior choice of pulling for her. Ho-hum.

bonkeng

Thanks for the reminder that we still have one more Type 0 event to go. Fuck, I hate that game and the characters. Also Rem sucks the most!

For real though the last group of Type 0 units is the most undesirable group ever.

Seriously?

You really mean she's worse than Ace and Queen?

As a mage-healer hybrid with innate DC, she's one of the best spellcaster in the game.

She's better than Dark Fina, Trance Terra or Emperor as a utility mage. She'll also make Refia obsolete.

But her TM isn't so good.

Syntsui

Seriously?

As a mage-healer hybrid with innate DC, she's one of the best spellcaster in the game.

She's better than Dark Fina, Trance Terra or Emperor as a utility mage. She'll also make Refia obsolete.

Her diet-Ashe design is atrocious though. Maybe the worst main female of the franchise.

Seriously?

Oh no I didn't mean her unit in the game. I just mean in Type 0 she was annoying. Don't know anything about her unit in game but she could be the best unit in the world and I would still not care because I hate her from her game.

Lyrian

I assume you're referring to this post over on Reddit?

I'm looking at this (drab, disappointing) event and trying to focus on the silver lining. 750 Lapis (ELT Reward + missions from each difficulty), 1 base ticket, 10 extra tickets if you can be bothered to sink the energy in, and Gigantuars competitive with the average improved Dunes/NRG as long as you can grab around 100% bonus (friend Queen, your 3* base + friend 3* base, whatever).

I personally think a big part of the problem is that these nonsense events run for two weeks. Condense the costs and rewards such that you can acquire the same amount (not more) of rewards in a week and it wouldn't feel so tedious. Would also help GL pacing from falling behind JP even further thanks to GL-exclusive events. I don't expect us to ever catch up, but we're losing ground, not gaining it. This only exacerbates the equally tedious future-sight of the GL playerbase.

I can't wait for Orlandu to get his enhancements in JP the same week we get Aileen in GL and read a 4,000 word dissertation at Reddit on why you are a dummy dumb-dumb head who smells of elderberries if you make the objectively inferior choice of pulling for her. Ho-hum.

That I am.

The TL;DR of the logical construction is: Pull 4-5 times (ticket or 1/2 price only). If you get at one bonus unit, farm ELT per normal. If you don't get any bonus units, spend all planned lapis for on additional pulls on energy refreshes and farm the event with 0 bonus units until basic items are obtained (cactuars/tickets/6* evo mats as needed). Exit event at that point.

Logically valid, if only viewed in a complete vacuum.

So, looking at your argument,

Compared to.... what, exactly? TM farming? Because outside of the event, that's all there is to do until at least Friday (assuming story mode is all caught up).

So, you must be comparing the event against TM farming.

Ok, so you want the events sped up. Why?

Do you need to get back to TM farming as fast as possible for some reason?
Or, are you hoping that power creep accelerates? I sure hope you aren't asking for that, because that would literally destroy the game.

You're making the logical error of assuming that Global **HAS** to be just like JP. "Losing ground" means that you are weighing the progress of Global's power creep against JP, which is a losing proposition. Gumi has already said that Global will only loosely follow JP progression (and only because Gumi isn't going to rewrite story mode for Global). The longer Global continues down it's current path, the farther away from JP Global will get. Orlandu is being held back intentionally to make this specific point.

EDIT: Looking at the Update Schedule, at the point in the game where the story is currently, Global has now had ALL the back events to this point, EXCEPT FFT2, which should be next.

It really sounds like you have Orlandu on the brain. Sorry to hear that.

The Global meta is going to be defined by Global exclusives and not by JP chase units. I'd be very wary that Orlandu on Global is either going to be delayed until power creep catches up to a point where he is not so incredibly overpowering and/or he may very well be nerfed for Global.

Gumi knows that everyone wants Orlandu. And being able to plan for him for months in advance is very bad for a gacha's business from the developer's perspective.

Orlandu's banner should be the next Mog King event. However, if something else should be advanced ahead of it and Gumi delays him yet again, people better start believing that there will be shenanigans involved with him when he finally is released on Global.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I think I'm going to draw my personal line on this when min/maxing the game at when routine game actions are broken down in an Excel spreadsheet via complex models to determine mathematical efficiency per premium currency unit.

If you ain't using an excel, you ain't playin. Get this weak shit out of my face. As a Former MMO Excel Sheet Simulator and if you don't know the game, you aren't worthy.

Legit, when people start consistently whine about a game, talk about how something else is better, etc. That's when it's time to move on. It's become a bad habit they won't drop. I actually like the people who do the mathematical breakdown on bits. To me at least, it's interesting since I'm actually fairly terrible at Statistics. Hence why, I can only estimations off the top of my head. I always framed it as the mentality people bring to a game. You have those that see the problem and attempt to solve it versus those who see the problem and cry about it.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I read that thread as well and that it doesn't take into account any of the other units one might pull it just kinda falls dead for me. I'm all for spreadsheetin' but there are a lot of moving parts that can't be measured, particularly the joy I get from pulling tickets. I also kinda like trying to collect banner units, so I like giving it a shot, and I like going for the 30K Moogle. That's fun to me, even if it's not the most efficient approach.

Prototype

I like that we haven't been overloaded as a newer player. This is giving me enough time to grind events, finish story- I had just got caught up when the newest story update hit, so I still need to unlock Odin, and do various other things. At first it felt hectic and I always felt like I was behind, but after this event wraps up I should be just about caught up and another 2 or 3 6* units, which is really nice.
So 2 weeks for the event gives me a little breathing space.
not everyone has been playing since launch.
Just my 2¢

bonkeng

Unless you're a whale, there will be some mog king events that you can farm efficiently or poorly.

For those that i get lucky with banner units, I'll farm for most of the items available. For those times that are not, I'd only farm the essentials and move on.

Whining and crying on every single event that is not advantageous to you is kinda childish. It's not going to make any difference except make you look like a whiny kid.

across

That I am.

I kind of feel bad for not responding to this lengthy post with some point-by-point replies but I can pretty much sum it up with the following: my point was not about power levels, but about perception. The GL playerbase - which I can only evaluate based on GAF, Reddit, Discord, so far from a scientific control group; Gumi obviously has better data - doesn't seem to be responding well to these uninspiring units and grindy MK events with bad bonus enemy rates compounded with unattractive units.

I should point out, perhaps, that I don't especially mind one way or the other. I cleaned house on SoM because I pulled Randi, Primm, and Popoi in five pulls. I probably won't clean house on this one because it's not attractive enough for me to do so. I don't need a spreadsheet to figure that out for me.

With that as a given - think hard about the last well-received Mog King event - I was just spitballing that truncating these events might help the perception somewhat.

I don't have Orlandu on the brain or plan on pulling for him on his garbage banner. I also don't think he's being intentionally held back as part of a dastardly plan to keep down the power level of GL, which is much higher than the power level of JP in the same timeframe thanks to powerful GL exclusive units (Noctis, Ling, Olive) and abilities (Randi, Nine, Queen). I think they want to do the one-two punch of Player's Choice to drain tickets/wallet, then follow it up with Orlandu. Check the GL banner listing and see what banner came after our last Player's Choice banner.

I'd be absolutely shocked if they nerfed him for GL.

I like that we haven't been overloaded as a newer player. This is giving me enough time to grind events, finish story- I had just got caught up when the newest story update hit, so I still need to unlock Odin, and do various other things. At first it felt hectic and I always felt like I was behind, but after this event wraps up I should be just about caught up and another 2 or 3 6* units, which is really nice.
So 2 weeks for the event gives me a little breathing space.
not everyone has been playing since launch.
Just my 2¢

Now this brings up a legitimate point and something that I often forget. Breathing room aside, if you're a fresh player, I think Gumi is doing a very solid job at incentivizing these events by making the exclusive materia for the 5* cap units actually good. Apparently both Eight and Cinque's materia stack, which allows you to get very respectable ATK values for them. A high-ATK bruiser with Cheer would have been spectacular when I was starting out.

Syntsui

Unless you're a whale, there will be some mog king events that you can farm efficiently or poorly.

For those that i get lucky with banner units, I'll farm for most of the items available. For those times that are not, I'd only farm the essentials and move on.

Whining and crying on every single event that is not advantageous to you is kinda childish. It's not going to make any difference except make you look like a whiny kid.
Don't forget that it was the whining that made Gumi backpedal on th FFXIII event bullshit. We may not be in a situation where Gumi feels the need to rethink what they proposed to us (they were in a very bad situation at the time with all the problems happening at the same time), but I'm grateful there are people putting things in perspective and exposing them when they feel they are being treated poorly.

Shit just get better if there are people out there pointing out what should be looked into. I would hate this community if everyone was happy with these recent practices.

creid

Spent some tickets just trying to get a few more bonus units, and accidentally pulled Queen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lyrian

If you ain't using an excel, you ain't playin. Get this weak shit out of my face. As a Former MMO Excel Sheet Simulator and if you don't know the game, you aren't worthy.

Oh, hell no.

/snaps fingers

Well then, you have better get your foreign key away from my relational database before I shove a VLookup up your PivotTable.

Can't believe I'm writing bad Microsoft Office jokes, lol.

Legit, when people start consistently whine about a game, talk about how something else is better, etc. That's when it's time to move on. It's become a bad habit they won't drop. I actually like the people who do the mathematical breakdown on bits. To me at least, it's interesting since I'm actually fairly terrible at Statistics. Hence why, I can only estimations off the top of my head. I always framed it as the mentality people bring to a game. You have those that see the problem and attempt to solve it versus those who see the problem and cry about it.

Seriously, as well, I don't mind the math crunching. To a point, it's very useful information to possess to make informed decisions. My beef with the r/FFBE community is that the math is always being spun to justify "why the math always points out that TM farming is the most efficient action in the game and you should be always doing that instead of every thing else in the game at all times".

As is well known around these parts in GAF, statistics can be spun to say whatever someone wants. r/FFBE uses that push TMs as a divine mantra there.

Funny thing, is that all of this is only possible because macros exist and break the game. Gumi really should have put the clamps on that while the game was still very young. Too late now to close Pandora's box.

I kind of feel bad for not responding to this lengthy post with some point-by-point replies but I can pretty much sum it up with the following: my point was not about power levels, but about perception. The GL playerbase - which I can only evaluate based on GAF, Reddit, Discord, so far from a scientific control group; Gumi obviously has better data - doesn't seem to be responding well to these uninspiring units and grindy MK events with bad bonus enemy rates compounded with unattractive units.

I should point out, perhaps, that I don't especially mind one way or the other. I cleaned house on SoM because I pulled Randi, Primm, and Popoi in five pulls. I probably won't clean house on this one because it's not attractive enough for me to do so. I don't need a spreadsheet to figure that out for me.

With that as a given - think hard about the last well-received Mog King event - I was just spitballing that truncating these events might help the perception somewhat.

I don't have Orlandu on the brain or plan on pulling for him on his garbage banner. I also don't think he's being intentionally held back as part of a dastardly plan to keep down the power level of GL, which is much higher than the power level of JP in the same timeframe thanks to powerful GL exclusive units (Noctis, Ling, Olive) and abilities (Randi, Nine, Queen). I think they want to do the one-two punch of Player's Choice to drain tickets/wallet, then follow it up with Orlandu. Check the GL banner listing and see what banner came after our last Player's Choice banner.

I'd be absolutely shocked if they nerfed him for GL.

Now this brings up a legitimate point and something that I often forget. Breathing room aside, if you're a fresh player, I think Gumi is doing a very solid job at incentivizing these events by making the exclusive materia for the 5* cap units actually good. Apparently both Eight and Cinque's materia stack, which allows you to get very respectable ATK values for them. A high-ATK bruiser with Cheer would have been spectacular when I was starting out.

Personally, I'm skeptical on a Orlandu nerf, as past precedent seems to imply that Squeenix has creative control and say over units based on it's IP, versus where Gumi has complete control over FFBE originals. So, Squeenix likely wouldn't let Gumi nerf Orlandu.

I'd agree that the timeframe you mention would seem to be "ideal" for Orlandu should be released.

On event timing, from GAF's perspective, I can easily see why we would want events accelerated. But, from the average casual player's perspective, the 14 day window is likely a boon as they don't play everyday (or spend hours a day on the game or macro). The average player probably isn't coming anywhere close to cleaning out King Mog each event and is probably asking for as much time as possible to earn the basic rewards for that event.

To that extent though, I do agree with you that in terms of the 5* units, Gumi is doing a very good job making the 3* base units to be excellent starter units for the average player.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Natza did something interesting a bit ago. We've been on the JP schedule since, we're simply paced at a large time frame since we get two weeks rather than the one they started with. But the rates have been relatively the same. Many of the complaints are based on people comparing JP to GL... from people who don't play JP. Hence why there is always that one or two people who say, "You can steal multiple times like in JP!", when it turns out it was just a baseless rumor taken as fact.

Rather than crying, they should just quit. It really is that simple. It's like someone bitching about McDonald's making them fat, but they will go there every night. You stop playing, that will effect their player retention. They'll be more likely to adjust then.

Lyrian: You either roll Eve or get rolled on. -_-

I think Gumi is better embracing Macroing, but making it a feature in the game. They clearly adjusted to TMs being the primary source of items in JPN. It's happening here too. Rather than having 10% of the people Macro, just make it a feature in the game. You set the energy and it runs. Be a better solution now.

across

Natza did something interesting a bit ago. We've been on the JP schedule since, we're simply paced at a large time frame since we get two weeks rather than the one they started with. But the rates have been relatively the same. Many of the complaints are based on people comparing JP to GL... from people who don't play JP. Hence why there is always that one or two people who say, "You can steal multiple times like in JP!", when it turns out it was just a baseless rumor taken as fact.

Rather than crying, they should just quit. It really is that simple. It's like someone bitching about McDonald's making them fat, but they will go there every night. You stop playing, that will effect their player retention. They'll be more likely to adjust then.

I agree with everything in this post, for the record, but looking closer at Nazta's post there, I see that the Dragon Quest event was three weeks! Guess it makes sense given how expensive the sword is. Also, starting from the FFVI one, they all start on the 1st and end on the 14th. I suppose JP's schedule is a bit more structured now as well?

Visceir

All this will probably be forgiven and forgotten once the FF XIV raid event hits.

This event doesn't really show a downward trend, it's more just a really low dip. You could just look at JP's events to see what's ahead.

Also -- if bonus units and moogle king events upset you then it might be wise to bail out now as those are here to stay.

jnWake

The rate of Golden Bombs is really low. I have run PRO several times and ELT a few times and seen just one bomb. No Nimbus either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom