• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Releases December 1st 2017

PG1Gc1h.jpg

I'm not that thrilled by the gatcha elements to Blades.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Is it me or is the footage more than a step up over the gamescom and pax demo? It looks smooth and I don't know if it was because the camera was way closer in some of the shots, but it looks like the characters are a bit more cel-shaded? I really like the graphical style they're going for and it didn't really click until now.

framerate is still a bit suspicious but yeah, looking great

Why the heck does this game get so much negativity lol?

It looks good.

It looks fine but it needs that one moment to sell people on the game which it really hasn't done yet. The character designs aren't particularly appealing though the diversity is pretty good. The combat is convoluted to understand from just seeing, the environments while striking in their imagination and creativity aren't carried as well by technical potential but at least the music is fantastic.

Basically, my impressions going into the first game.

Ponn

Banned
I have xenoblade chronicles 3DS but havent played it yet. Should i make a point to play that before this one? My plates going to be full the next couple months so I would have to postpone playing Xenoblade 2 if I should play the first one.

Boogiepop

Nice, good to have a release date! Think I'll probably pass for the Special Edition, as for that price I can just go ahead and grab the full soundtrack when that releases...

I have xenoblade chronicles 3DS but havent played it yet. Should i make a point to play that before this one? My plates going to be full the next couple months so I would have to postpone playing Xenoblade 2 if I should play the first one.

All 3 Xenoblade games are unrelated to each other like the Final Fantasies, take that for what you will

I've never played the original. Are these games usually massive time sinks? How long does it take to play through w/o completing it 100% (but still doing a side mission here and there)?

Edit: on average of course

Something something character's faces something something character designs... I'm sooooooooooo ready for DECEMBER THE FIRST!! Hecc YES!!

I've never played the original. Are these games usually massive time sinks? How long does it take to play through w/o completing it 100% (but still doing a side mission here and there)?

Believe me, finishing them will take you a LONG time, there's a lot of extra content if you want, but I don't think I recommend actually going for 100%. The first one took me around 60h and X took me >120h to finish. I did a decent amount of sidequests, but never went for 100%.

Wamb0wneD

Is it me or is the footage more than a step up over the gamescom and pax demo? It looks smooth and I don't know if it was because the camera was way closer in some of the shots, but it looks like the characters are a bit more cel-shaded? I really like the graphical style they're going for and it didn't really click until now.

There still was some animation jank but otherwise it really looked good yeah.

Why is she dancing lol.

hitgirl

I love the graphics of the environment. But the characters and models are way too anime for me. I still haven't finished Xenoblade 1, need to play that before thinking about playing this anyways.

Waggles

The more I see of the story and character(s) aesthetic, the more I'm amazed that they managed to make it look even worse than Xenoblade X. Game itself will probably be as stellar as the last two, but man, It bums me out we're still not likely to get story even half as good as the original Xenoblade.

Maxinas

Edit: on average of course

XB took me ~70 hours, only ever did about 3 rather short sidequests. I'd say, 20% of that time, i spend grinding cause i fucking sucked and was getting wrecked by bosses.

XBX took me ~100 hours. Though, i did just about everything i could, including getting the Ares 60 skell. I think XBX is a shorter game though.

massoluk

Banned
The game regularly gets in the top rpg of all time lists, play it regardless of XB2

duckroll

The LE looks amazing. Totally getting it. If they can't manage to get the JP version of the game on the same cart, I'm going to have to get the JP version too though. The narration voice in the trailer is honestly the worst dub I have heard in years. Nintendo is usually really good with this, wtf happened here? Xenoblade 2's dub is horrendous.

Forkball

Uh huh. Notice how they didn't say 2017 CE/AD. This could be released in a whole new era of mankind for all we know.

That special edition looks very nice.

Top Bottom