• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Releases December 1st 2017

The LE looks amazing. Totally getting it. If they can't manage to get the JP version of the game on the same cart, I'm going to have to get the JP version too though. The narration voice in the trailer is honestly the worst dub I have heard in years. Nintendo is usually really good with this, wtf happened here? Xenoblade 2's dub is horrendous.

Speaking of exaggeration. Everytime someone use "the worst".

If the cover's anything to go by, they just need to fix the MC's pants and he'll look pretty rad.

Yup, those pants/boot things connected all the way up to his belt still look like shit, with a better outfit his design would be fine.

Loved most of it apart from the fat villain lady. My only quibble is the lip syncing is off, but given Xenoblade isn't an AAA game I'll let it slide. Can't believe there were people out there who hated the original's VA too ;___;

I thought that lady's voice was alright, mine is I wish Azurda's "old grandpa" voice was deeper sounding to better fit that thing and sound better as a narrator for the second part of this trailer though where he came off boring sounding. Instead he sounds like a usual go-to short, human grandpa voice.

The only one I'd say that I didn't really like was the voice for the cocky "Hand her over to a grown up" guy's voice. We've heard that type of character done a lot better before and with a more appropriate sounding voice, but it's just one line so hopefully when heard with several lines in a row it'll sound better.

Most of the voices seem fine in their little clips, especially Pyra's (I liked her "That is our dream!" even if she had to pause after the "that" due to the pause in flaps).
Though the trailers for XBC and XBX pre-sold me that I'd like the voices for those games more and I knew I'd like many of the XBX ones in the final game since I like a lot of those VAs. Hopefully these ones do a good job in the final game.

Renna Hazel

I sure am glad that things like boob size and the voice acting don't bother me. Would be a shame to miss out on a game over stuff like that. Game looked fine to me, still graphically inferior to the U game, but looks good enough.

Maxinas

I sure am glad that things like boob size and the voice acting don't bother me. Would be a shame to miss out on a game over stuff like that. Game looked fine to me, still graphically inferior to the U game, but looks good enough.

Can you explain in detail on how it's graphically inferior to XBX? I'm having a hard time seeing it. No i'm not blind.

Instro

The LE looks amazing. Totally getting it. If they can't manage to get the JP version of the game on the same cart, I'm going to have to get the JP version too though. The narration voice in the trailer is honestly the worst dub I have heard in years. Nintendo is usually really good with this, wtf happened here? Xenoblade 2's dub is horrendous.

Yeah I thought it was quite bad, and not a goos way to present the game. The voice was so sleepy sounding, and near devoid of actual emotion. Not exactly the best way to do an info dump on your big RPG and get excited. I mean it's not as bad as some of the dub voices in XCX, but whew.

So many great games this year for Switch there is absolutely no way I'll be able to play them all. Glad I got my Special sedition preordered already and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Not a fan of Pyra's design at all for a variety of reasons but the backgrounds/environment look really pretty and the music was delightful. Will certainly look forward to this game! Will probably buy the first off the Wii U eshop though first as I've never played it or X.

xenoblade2order8sl94.png

♪└(^ω^ )┐♫┌( ^ω^)┘♪

cHinzo

Anime is a plus in my book. At least no more ugly faces lol and it reminds me of the Tales games which I also like. The environment looks pretty, but I never really liked the combat in these games.

duckroll

Well I gotta get a switch now, I mean i was always going to but like later down the line like after a price drop or something, but this trailer has moved it up for me.

Wow it looks so much fun.

So I just checked the JP trailer and um: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZIhnJWBdaI&t=2m48s

Wasn't expecting the JP voice to sound like that.

Well now it's no wonder the US one went with the "short, high-pitched grandpa" voice since that's what the JP one aimed at too.
The English one definitely sounds way better to me (though he sounded a bit boring with the narration), and less annoying, and even that one was too high to me.

Aizo

Banned
You like the J narrator more? I'm surprised. I find him to be more annoying.
「...冒険に出るん゛じゃ゛があ゛あ゛あ゛」
Ow. My ears. It's like that Yoshimoto Shinkigeki sketch where the dude puts tenten on every syllable.

Kanann

Oh yeeeash, I smell Metascore prediction.

+ fun fight
+ story
- too much animu
- framerate
- no flying swagging mecha (hope I'm wrong)

I'm really interested to see how the gacha system for blades will affect arts. I'd imagine that you don't level arts with AP anymore since they're tied to the blades now.

Argh, I missed it. But not a big deal I guess, it seems like international shipping wasn't available for everything listes today.

Yeah I was forced to use tenso. It's possible they might unblock international shipping later... but there won't be any pieces left by then.

Milennia

considering the fact i will put over 100 hours into this almost assuredly along with all the other switch games coming this and next year i may need to double dip on pro controllers and get this one lol

duckroll

You like the J narrator more? I'm surprised. I find him to be more annoying.
「...冒険に出るん゛じゃ゛があ゛あ゛あ゛」
Ow. My ears. It's like that Yoshimoto Shinkigeki sketch where the dude puts tenten on every syllable.

I think the JP narrator is "annoying" in the sense that it's a very stereotypical sort of court jester/comedian voice with silly speech patterns. But at least it has flavor and intent. The English narration was really, really poorly done. Whatever intent they had for it, it came off as an uninterested person narrating what should be an exciting introduction to a big adventure RPG. The thing is, Nintendo is usually really good with reading intent and translating that into something effective in other languages. With Xenoblade 2 everything I've seen from the first trailer has fallen flat. Very unusual.

Top Bottom