• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Releases December 1st 2017

Ninjimbo

No, Nomura probably just designed it without belts and zippers, he's perfectly capable of doing so. There was an interview a while ago where Nomura basically said he kept going overboard with belts and zippers to trigger people because of the early criticism and him being the type to likes to push back when people are assholes to him.
Nomura is a cool guy. He gets way too much hate and basically puts out good games when he's not hamstrung by SE's bullshit.

I didn't expect scalping to start this soon.
scalping1too9.png

I hate this shit. Scalpers already having a go when most of us dont even have an option to preorder yet.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Rewatched the whole XB2 section on my big living room TV...this looks amazing - cant wait for this one. Hope it can live up to our expectations !!

Netto-kun

giphy.gif

There's something oddly satisfying with watching monsters go from Break -> Down to the Rising (or w/e it's called in English) status.

I didn't expect scalping to start this soon.
scalping1too9.png
Woah. And the pre-order was up and going for a couple of hours too. Oh well there's always the My Nintendo Store solution if you don't mind getting money from debit card charged right away.

EDarkness

I think the game looks much better than it did when it was first revealed. I'm gonna be in RPG heaven this holiday season. Just wish Amazon would get the Collector's Edition put up so I can pre-order it. Anyone have the link for the extended trailer for the game or have they not put that up yet?

giphy.gif

There's something oddly satisfying with watching monsters go from Break -> Down to the Rising (or w/e it's called in English) status.

Woah. And the pre-order was up and going for a couple of hours too. Oh well there's always the My Nintendo Store solution if you don't mind getting money from debit card charged right away.

That GIF. Holy shit!

Ridley327

I thought that Amazon no longer applies the Prime discount to CE's and Toys to Life?

It's true for TTL, but LEs seem to be a YMMV kind of thing. Fire Emblem Warriors wasn't initially discounted when it went up the first time, but the second time onward had the discount applied.

DJIzana

C'mon Amazon and Best Buy Canada. Which one of you twits wants my money. First come first serve. I want that special edition and controller.

F5
F5
F5
F5

Did either say it'll be up? I decided to tweet them to confirm. They sure are taking their sweet ass time... tweeted @NintendoCanada too.

Did either say it'll be up? I decided to tweet them to confirm. They sure are taking their sweet ass time... tweeted @NintendoCanada too.

No clue! Just crossing fingers at this point. But i really dont want to miss out on them. If they reply, please post if you hear anything.

What are the chances Nintendo releases a demo?

I doubt we'll get a demo since all of the hands-on videos we've seen have been sections of what seem to be builds of the full game. There hasn't been a specialized demo released specifically for these events.

Kandinsky

I went back and checked the gameplay shown at E3 and Gamescon again and theres a notable bump in the graphic department, especially in lighting and effects and overall performance, it just look so, soo good to me, cant wait D:

Philippo

I see 5 more couples other than Rex and Pyra on the steelbook, hope they're all party members.

On the subject of Blades, i'm not too fond on having them on the field shooting beams at the playable characters, seems like they're just filling an already cluttered battle screen.

Maxinas

I went back and checked the gameplay shown at E3 and Gamescon again and theres a notable bump in the graphic department, especially in lighting and effects and overall performance, it just look so, soo good to me, cant wait D:

Care to provide some shots of these improvements. I've noticed them too, but some people in this thread still insist the game looks worse than a Wii U game.

Random question.

Xenoblade Chronicles has a standard protagonist, while Xenoblade Chronicles X had and a character creator. Do we know yet if we're stuck with the derpy kid in the trailers?

I'm assuming yes, but I was just wondering if we've had any confirmation thus far?

CoolS

Random question.

Xenoblade Chronicles has a standard protagonist, while Xenoblade Chronicles X had and a character creator. Do we know yet if we're stuck with the derpy kid in the trailers?

I'm assuming yes, but I was just wondering if we've had any confirmation thus far?
He's the main character and there will be a set of characters who join your party

Random question.

Rex is the protagonist. You can directly control him or any of the other Driver characters (Nia and Tora).

Fou-Lu

Random question.

He is the main character, so yes you are stuck having him in the game, but you can always control one of the other party members. As far as I am aware I don't think we know yet one way or the other if we can customize appearance through clothing, though it would make sense since both previous XC games allowed for it.

Takahashi wanted this game to be more like the original XC in style which is why we have a standard main character. I imagine if they ever make XCX2 it'll have a character creator again.

BigEmil

This likely will be better than Xenoblade Chronicles X for sure, but I don't think it will top the first game, we'll see

Combat looks great. Music too ( obviously).

I still don't feel the rest, it feels their budget was lower this time.

According to Takahashi, the Xenoblade games never had a high budget to begin with. As ambitious as X was, you could tell it wasn't a AAA game.

Takahashi specifically said one reason why X didn't have many high quality cutscenes was that they were the most expensive part of the game. Considering how many of those types of cutscenes we've seen for Xenoblade 2, it might be safe to assume that more of the project's budget is going towards those.

kromeo

Still not convinced by the combat and those stupid beams connecting everyone but the environments really do look great

Gravidee

Don't know if this has been answered yet, but I'll ask again: Does the metal case in the CE replace the normal game case or are both still included?

I like that a number of enemies have countermeasures to getting around them and striking at their back. A lot of the enemy designs seem pretty interesting in that they seem to have some defensive measures but we'll see how they are in practice.

Kandinsky

Care to provide some shots of these improvements. I've noticed them too, but some people in this thread still insist the game looks worse than a Wii U game.
It's difficult for me to do that lol, but it's especially obvious in battles, lighting doesnt feel flat anymore, even potions have a stronger visual effect and cast lights now, I didnt even noticed the character model/texture improvements either, hell Uraya(sp?) doesnt have that Satorl Marsh thing going on on the gamescon footage and you can see a lot more grass (and they dont pop 2 feet away) in Gormott. I think it looks all around better and more polished, which makes sense.

Still not convinced by the combat and those stupid beams connecting everyone but the environments really do look great
Yeah I agree, I also don't like that the blades have to show up for battle, just make them appear for specials or something.

Random question.

It's fairly obvious Rex is the main character lol.

If it's like the other games you'll get more than 3 characters and you wont have to use Rex and Pyra or exploring in battle.

Even though the soundtrack is in a cd this time, shitty USB for Xenoblade X special edition burned me from buying special editions ever again.

Top Bottom