• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broken Age |OT| A Double Fine Adventure! [iPad/Ouya Act One out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

Holy moly, I figured there would be a final episode covering Act 2's release and the end of the project, but getting such a long episode before Act 2 comes out is a pleasant surprise. :)

And there's one final documentary episode left!

I'm going to be really sad to not have any more DFA episodes to look forward to. After the documentary I feel more of a connection to Double Fine than I ever have pretty much any other dev. I loved getting to check in on them every couple months.

PaulloDEC

God, the newest episode is pretty bittersweet. I somehow didn't hear about the layoffs back in November, so it was really rough hearing about it now. After watching all these people working together through two Amnesia Fortnights and now nearly twenty episodes of DFA, it hit pretty hard to know that I wouldn't be seeing so many of them at Double Fine anymore. I guess that was all a while back now, so I hope they all landed on their feet.

Other than that, nice to see everything starting to come together at the end. Looking forward to playing the second half.

I'm going to be really sad to not have any more DFA episodes to look forward to. After the documentary I feel more of a connection to Double Fine than I ever have pretty much any other dev. I loved getting to check in on them every couple months.

So much this. The Double Fine/2PP series' have been absolutely unmissable for me. I hope they get a chance to do more like them in the future.

~Kinggi~

Banned
The new doc episode is fantastic. The whole documentary is wonderful. Didnt they say we would get downloadable copies of it as backers?

Ogni-XR21

I've been avoiding the last ones because they featured a lot of Act 2 content. How does this new one fair in that regard?

If you consider what was shown in recent epsiodes a lot, then you should avoid this one. Most of the stuff is blurred when shown but they do discuss later parts and cutscenes of the game.

duckroll

The latest episode was pretty depressing. It's always painful to watch project cancellations, especially when they result in layoffs. Whole situation just sucks. It's also pretty sad that they still had to crunch so hard on the game to meet publishing deadlines even when it's a kickstarted game. :(

Really looking forward to the complete game. Hope it's been worth the wait!

spinz

starting my re-play of the first part now. I had forgotten how pretty this game is.. it feels like watching a cartoon.

vladdamad

starting my re-play of the first part now. I had forgotten how pretty this game is.. it feels like watching a cartoon.

Yeah replaying it now as well. Double Fine games are so well written it makes everything else in the industry look embarassing. I just have a massive grin on my face the whole way through. Can't wait for Act 2, there are a lot of questions left to be resolved and I'm looking forward to seeing how it will be handled!

Double Fine games are so well written it makes everything else in the industry look embarassing.

I would not say "everything" but from the current boom of indie adventure games, very few are written professionally. Most of the time it's one programmer/designer dude who mistakenly believes he can write just as good.

Tim Schafer is not just my favorite videogame writer though, he's one of my favorite writers period.

inm8num2

https://twitter.com/DoubleFine/status/592540055245234176

PC5stui.png

vladdamad

I would not say "everything" but from the current boom of indie adventure games, very few are written professionally. Most of the time it's one programmer/designer dude who mistakenly believes he can write just as good.

Tim Schafer is not just my favorite videogame writer though, he's one of my favorite writers period.

Yeah a bit of an exaggeration on my part lol just forgot how good the game was! Might replay Psychonauts after I finish Broken Age

duckroll

Yes there should definitely be a new thread in Gaming for Act 2. Would appreciate it if the OP can make one, or if not anyone else who wants to. If no one bothers I'll throw one up later on, but a new OT is definitely the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom