• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem: Heroes was the 5th highest grossing mobile game in Japan in February

Draxal

It will be first when Ike releases.

Nah, the big games will still be over it.

This game has two major issues imho,

1. Content being to slow to release (but they are getting better).

2. The variance in art is just too high, especially compared to something like Granblue.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
jrHWbbI.png

HrLVuGv.gif

13ruce

Banned
Animal Crossing wil also come this year right on mobile? Well time to make some gifs with Miyamoto and co holding a phone while it prints money.

Malreyn

I started playing it in its first week, but then I forgot I hadn't finished FE:Birthright, so I dropped it to play that instead, and now I'm on Conquest, and looking to go into Revelations right after. Its cool, but it just made me want to play the 3DS games more.

lt519

I'm enjoying it a lot, has replaced Pokemon GO until the weather gets better. Bite sized Gameplay is perfect but still nuanced enough.

Lot's of frequent updates with new characters and the arena can be fun min/maxing your score each week. They need more top tier difficulty maps though.

Spent $40 on it. $20 from Google Play Rewards and $20 when I was drunk one night.

I'm curious how their skill update is going to play out, really going to upset the balance of the game.

I started playing it in its first week, but then I forgot I hadn't finished FE:Birthright, so I dropped it to play that instead, and now I'm on Conquest, and looking to go into Revelations right after. Its cool, but it just made me want to play the 3DS games more.
I believe that is kind of the point of FE:H. It is to introduce people to the Fire Emblem universe than have them go find the games these heroes they have are from.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I had some fun poking around with it, it's pretty light on content though.

Oh my god what I would do for this.

On mobile? It'd probably be too similar to this honestly. They could just add a territorial mode to this and it'd pretty much turn into Advance Wars mobile. Though from the sounds of it they are adding more Fire Emblem elements to it.

Ryoukai

Except FEH, most of those are 2-3 years old.

Are all the new mobile games not attracting whales ?

There is already successful games out there and more worthwhile to spend your money on the old games. Spending money on a new game is risky, you can't tell if it has a future and has the potential to shut down. New mobage games for the past few months has been a dull in my perspective, there's been a lot of games that have the same type of gameplay as the top grossing games but with different art style and a twist, other than that there is no point in switching to a new game.

Top Bottom