• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 doesn't ask me for more money.

13ruce

Banned
We probably should not discuss it anymore, but I will say this, if anything, people like him need to stop sucking off companies, be they Sony, MS or Nintendo or any other one. They don't care for us, we're atm's to them. The sooner every fanboys gets that through through their thin skin and thick skulls the better boards will get.

Honestly this is why i care more about the devs who create the games we love. They put the work behind in and while sure there still is a company behind it that likes money those devs still had passion and reasons outside of money to do their best to make fantastic games.

I myself tho are open minded sure i am a sony and nintendo fan but if they make bad mistakes i will speak up. I will still tho forever respect the guys and gals who made my favorte games.

But yeah agreed kinda.

Edit: sad situation tho i kinda liked the guy not gonna say alot about it more tho.

People give others reality checks all the time, you just don't see them or hear about them because why would you?

The people giving reality checks are usually people who are not part of that fanbase/hobby/whatever you call it. Why would one sports fan give the other a reality check? That is both their reality, they are spending their time, money and effort to invest in it. Why would they then put eachother down for having passion.

Maybe this isn't just gaming, but I'd love to be proven wrong. I don't remember once someone who is into football say to me it's just a game. But gamers do it to gamers.

It's perfectly fine. I love Nintendo, I'm a huge Nintendo fan and wish the company well. For some reason, that annoys people.

Gamers arguing on a gaming message board that they signed up to and spend hours on about how they shouldn't be so passionate about a company reminds me of being in a football stadium where you've bought a ticket and went in to watch a game, and you start screaming happily when there's a goal, and the guy next to you who is also a fan of the team and has paid for a ticket telling you to calm down as it's just a game and those people on the pitch don't give a crap.

Yes other people can and do give that advice, but doing it to eachother is just dumb. Especially to this level.

nynt9

It's perfectly fine. I love Nintendo, I'm a huge Nintendo fan and wish the company well. For some reason, that annoys people.

This isn't a Nintendo-only forum. Sometimes people make arguments based on assuming Nintendo is the only company that does something or that they're the best at doing it, despite that not being the case. Then it becomes impossible to have a reasonable discussion because it's never going to be reconciled, the person just doesn't have perspective. While this generally applies to others as well, stereotypically the hardcore Nintendo fans are divorced from the rest of the gaming scene so it seems to happen more often, or the fans are more vocal. Probably because of a bigger third party presence on every other platform. Those impasses and situations where Nintendo gets praised for doing something that's already done by others, sometimes even more poorly than usual, just lead to a lot of pointless discussion. This phenomenon is at an all time high right now due to the success of the switch after the disaster that was the wiiu so people are extra excited to be on a viable platform doing new things again. I have a switch too, but it's always important to try to consider perspective more and think outside of your own bubble before making big statements like that.

Renna Hazel

Gamers arguing on a gaming message board that they signed up to and spend hours on about how they shouldn't be so passionate about a company reminds me of being in a football stadium where you've bought a ticket and went in to watch a game, and you start screaming happily when there's a goal, and the guy next to you who is also a fan of the team and has paid for a ticket telling you to calm down as it's just a game and those people on the pitch don't give a crap.

Yes other people can and do give that advice, but doing it to eachother is just dumb. Especially to this level.

Agreed. It's one thing to get that console wars mentality and start making baseless insults and such towards other fanbases, but to just be a fan of a video game company should be perfectly acceptable.

The company trying to make money doesn't negate that, we all try to make money. If you believe the service is well worth the price of admission, I'm not sure why it's bad to be happy with the company and product.

This isn't a Nintendo-only forum. Sometimes people make arguments based on assuming Nintendo is the only company that does something or that they're the best at doing it, despite that not being the case. Then it becomes impossible to have a reasonable discussion because it's never going to be reconciled, the person just doesn't have perspective. While this generally applies to others as well, stereotypically the hardcore Nintendo fans are divorced from the rest of the gaming scene so it seems to happen more often, or the fans are more vocal. Probably because of a bigger third party presence on every other platform. Those impasses and situations where Nintendo gets praised for doing something that's already done by others, sometimes even more poorly than usual, just lead to a lot of pointless discussion. This phenomenon is at an all time high right now due to the success of the switch after the disaster that was the wiiu so people are extra excited to be on a viable platform doing new things again. I have a switch too, but it's always important to try to consider perspective more and think outside of your own bubble before making big statements like that.

Eh, I dunno about that. I see plenty of hate flying in all directions. I've seen people simply post game news relating to Nintendo that many feel the need to bash because Nintendo was 'late to the party'. Obviously if people make incorrect statements, others are entitled to correct them, but that's not what starts fights all the time. Just thinking about the reaction to the Switch conference is an example of what I'm talking about. That was open season to attack Nintendo and it's fans.

Realistically, how many disagreements on the internet are actually going to end up with one party admitting they were wrong? If fanboys are fanboying, sometimes its best to just move on.

DISCLAIMER: I'm a fanboy. #fanboyzunite

We probably should not discuss it anymore, but I will say this, if anything, people like him need to stop sucking off companies, be they Sony, MS or Nintendo or any other one. They don't care for us, we're atm's to them. The sooner every fanboys gets that through through their thin skin and thick skulls the better boards will get.

and what is your employer / client / etc. to you?

it's like you're saying people shouldn't suck you off either. [or anyone, for that matter].

people REALLY need to stfu when it comes to companies and profits.

yes, companies / businesses / corporations [especially that last one] love to make money / profits, but don't we all?

[the answer is yes, we do, and we ALL deserve them]

save your anti-corporatist sentiment for actually evil corporations, like Monsanto or Nestle mmmk?

Chindogg

I sit here and read this and often wonder if the other platform threads get nearly as much crap as Nintendo threads. I'm not a huge fan of Uncharted, but I don't go into Uncharted threads and completely shit them up with how the series is hot garbage and Sony needs to go 3rd party or how Naughty Dog never innovates or whatever wild BS I'll see from the same 12 guys who show up in every Nintendo thread to profess how much they hate every decision they make.

But yeah it's those pesky Nintendo fanboys who make their own threads over enjoying something that's the real problem.

I sit here and read this and often wonder if the other platform threads get nearly as much crap as Nintendo threads. I'm not a huge fan of Uncharted, but I don't go into Uncharted threads and completely shit them up with how the series is hot garbage and Sony needs to go 3rd party or how Naughty Dog never innovates or whatever wild BS I'll see from the same 12 guys who show up in every Nintendo thread to profess how much they hate every decision they make.

But yeah it's those pesky Nintendo fanboys who make their own threads over enjoying something that's the real problem.

This is a great point. I play on Nintendo consoles (only have a Switch this gen) and I don't even click onto any topic that is relating to the other consoles.

nah, us MS "fanbois" get it too in any MS related thread.

it's been said a million times before, but GAF is most definitely a Sony-centric forumm [even look at dark10x of Digital Foundry's post history to see some shocking shit he's said in this regard].

Persona7

Banned
The advertisement I saw at the store definitely asks for more money. $12.99 x 3 and $74.99 for the Splatoon themed Pro Controller.

Apathy

and what is your employer / client / etc. to you?

it's like you're saying people shouldn't suck you off either. [or anyone, for that matter].

people REALLY need to stfu when it comes to companies and profits.

yes, companies / businesses / corporations [especially that last one] love to make money / profits, but don't we all?

[the answer is yes, we do, and we ALL deserve them]

save your anti-corporatist sentiment for actually evil corporations, like Monsanto or Nestle mmmk?

Umm no. The argument stands that you should idolize corporations. Whether it's entertainment or not. Maybe make actual cogent arguments because your post makes zero sense from what I was discussing.

VeeP

Have you ever walked into a thread about Microsoft lol?

As for this thread specifically, it's commentary on the gaming industry at large. So I'm not surprised by some of the posts in this thread.

HardRojo

Seems like I missed something legendary. Toni was bound to explode though as be couldn't get see criticism towards Nintendo, dude was too invested in Nintendo, and I think he mentioned being young of age. I remember being a big Nintendo fanboy back in 2006 when I was 15, I even hated the PSP for no reason.

Naughty Dog threads are the worst, people ALWAYS shit them up. It also happened with every Crash thread before release.

it's been said a million times before, but GAF is most definitely a Sony-centric forumm [even look at dark10x of Digital Foundry's post history to see some shocking shit he's said in this regard].

Please. There's plenty of love, and hate, for all three console manufacturers on NeoGAF.

It might seem Sony-centric at the moment, but that's just because the PS4 is cleaning up. In the early PS3 days when Sony was stumbling they were heavily criticised, and rightly so. Back then people were whinging that there was an anti-Sony bias on NeoGAF.

Basically, stick around long enough and you'll see everything.

nynt9

If you go back a few years to last gen, you'd see that gaf was very MS-centric. It's not that we have an inherent Sony bid, it's that the PS4 is the dominant platform by far so obviously there's more Sony owners on the forum.

It's quite clear you don't visit Naughty Dog threads because they get derailed and shat on constantly. Hell, even the recent "gone gold" thread for the new Uncharted was destroyed by extreme shit posting.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

When Nintendo fans create threads insinuating Nintendo's doing great things other publishers aren't, you're going to get a wealth of different opinions. It's also not a Nintendo centric thread.

Now if people are going into OTs and shitting them up, that's just wrong. I don't venture into OTs for games I've no interest in so I can't speak for everything, but with my most recent purchase of Splatoon 2, I haven't seen other platform users coming into the thread and shitting it up.

MoonFrog

I don't mind DLC in principle. I grew up with PC expansion packs. I like getting extra campaigns, maps, factions, etc. Modern DLC is usually a fairly shitty value proposition imo though, and I tend to feel kind of fleeced when I buy it.

IAP with real world cash stores in game where the store prompt breaks the fourth wall and tries to nickel and dime you for inconsequential goodies or, in the worst case, PTW materials really annoy me. I still like going into my games and that being its own little world fully open to me through use of the game.

Edit: As to Amiibo...I have yet to feel them keep something from a game that made me annoyed. I only have three (two yarn Yoshis and that Wolf Link which came with TPHD) and I've never felt the game demanding that I go buy an amiibo.

Oh hey this thread is still going!

To me, as long as you can voice your complaint in a normal respectful tone without resorting to insults and mocking then I'll listen to you. But if you decide to be a smart aleck and post the snarkiest thing ever then no sympathy.

That goes for both DLC and amiibo.

Mael

Is this a serious question? Lucina may be easy to get now, two years after release, but when she first went up for preorder she sold out in literally seconds.
And? Are you telling me that it's so vital you need the stuff on the day of release?
Don't ever try to collect actual games you'll have trouble finding an out of print item that is going to cost you.
For amiibos, you literally only have to wait if you weren't quick enough to preorder.
Finding a US Xenoblade before WiiU VC was an order of magnitude harder.

Good luck finding the Skyward Sword, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess Links at Target.
Well in time they'll be as easy as the old rare ones.

And? Are you telling me that it's so vital you need the stuff on the day of release?
Don't ever try to collect actual games you'll have trouble finding an out of print item that is going to cost you.
For amiibos, you literally only have to wait if you weren't quick enough to preorder.
Finding a US Xenoblade before WiiU VC was an order of magnitude harder.

Well in time they'll be as easy as the old rare ones.
Are you telling me that it's better only a select few get access to game content regardless of intent to purchase? Hmm

Platform exclusive content is bad enough, but limiting said content from people on the same platform? Seems worse to me.

Estoc

Genuine question: When some of you say "they don't shove amiibo in my face.", what game does that? Granted, I don't play much of AAA shooters, but what game are you playing that badger you with "BUY DLC NOW" at every turn??

If you're talking about some icon or text telling you that DLC is available, then it is the same on the Switch, they have a huge amiibo case in the town square in Splatoon, also the amiibo icon in customization screen, both are reminders that I should get amiibo. The latest news section on the Switch's home screen was just trying to sell me inkling amiibo last night as well.

So really, how many games out there "shove DLC in your face"? Are there really that many horrendous examples that Nintendo's kind-of passive advertisement deserves praise and champagne?

By the way, I see no problem with amiibo, I'm so getting inkling girl 2 as soon as I can find them in stock somewhere.

Even just reading through this last page, it's dawned on me fanboyism at best is pride at your culture and at worst, outright...well...you probably see where I'm going with this.

Probably doesn't help I just went to a talk about that stuff. :(

Wolf Link ain't shit. It's hardly a 'pet mechanic' like it's been described as in this thread. Wolf Link is a useless runt who dies in one hit to almost enemy in the game. You leveled him up through Twilight Princess! Cool, now he can tank two hits from an average mid-game Bokoblin and do almost no damage to it before he dies and you can't summon him back for the day. It's a nearly pointless little bonus for people who own the Amiibo.

I can't tell but I think somebody had a meltdown and then all of their posts and threads were literally wiped from existence like dude just lost the tournament of power
Jesus christ.. Ive never saw this happen before
Well, in the Splatoon 2 hype someone made a thread about his love for the non DLC. A smart guy decided to respond with amiibo and the thread completely backfired after that. Anyone who defended the amiibo craze were called shills and fanboys, while those who didn't defend it grew more and more in strength. Eventually a member named Toni decided to try again. This time with Arms since there was no amiibo support.

He immediately faced backlash cause it was a copy of this thread, cause it was "obvious" he was a "Nintendo fanboy" who thinks that his "beloved company could do no wrong", another bunch of "but amiibo" responses and people were tired cause of the supposedly excess amounts of Nintendo fanboy threads that we apparently have. He got really upset and so decided to PM a mod to delete his account. People then called him "weak" for thinking that. He posted a PM he apparently received from a previous ban from a mod(?) telling him to suck his....well, you know. (NOTE:
), And another one from a banned member mocking his country. That was the breaking point and the thread was deleted entirely.

This thread is just the remains of everything now. In the long run, it was good that the other one was deleted. Should have been locked long ago honestly.

Plus Xaero Gravity had a steamy love affair with his Bayonetta amiibo and posted a picture about it. She looked very happy. I gasped at such indecency. And then his Peach amiibo got jealous and murdered him afterwards. Now he posts to us from beyond the grave.

Also Mihael cried.
ILY

EdgeXL

Try being an Xbox fan.

Nintendo is my favorite first party game company and Xbox is my preferred gaming platform. Somebody tosses crap on what I like just about everyday.

Haines

Banned
Well this thread went places.

Played some more splatoon and didn't see it ask me to buy anything.

Didn't even see the option.

Felt good man.

I have a couple of the old splatoon figures. I suppose I should see if t hey give me some sweet dlc

RRockman

Banned
edit: in my ignorance I didn't realize you were making the same point I was trying to in response to an argument you never made...

No Problem! I do it all the time XD

Well this thread went places.

Played some more splatoon and didn't see it ask me to buy anything.

Didn't even see the option.

Felt good man.

I have a couple of the old splatoon figures. I suppose I should see if t hey give me some sweet dlc

I won't lie OP it has been quite a ride. Tbh I'm surprised this thread wasn't locked yet.

Yeah that definitely does happen.

flkraven

You should probably clarify when you're talking about Canadian prices.

Although people rarely have been clarifying 'USD' when they are talking to me, I'll be sure to mention the currency next time. Likewise, this is literally one pack. Many more amiibo can be purchased in the currency of your choosing that would put the effective DLC cost over $50.

We're not all singing praises mate. It's bad that it's locked up but at least you get a nice looking figure instead of some cheap chip that would make it easier to lose.

The person accused me of making up dollar figures. I just was linking him to a price.

Top Bottom