• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass - Includes over 100 Games at Launch, 14 Day Trial (Live Now)

Alexious

News
- Launches 1st of June
- 14 Day Free Trial for Everyone
- 100+ game Library

Facebook Video Ad
https://www.facebook.com/xbox/videos/10155092090046023/

Price Per Month
- US: $9.99
- CA: $11.99
- EU: €9.99
- UK: £7.99
- AU: $10.95
- RU: 599 ₽
- CL: $6.990
- CO: $25.900
- HK: $79
- PL: 39.99 zł

Launch Library

Xbox One
-TBC

Backwards Compatible / Xbox 360
- TBC

Xbox.com Game Pass Page
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-game-pass

GAF Announce Thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1348425

No News from MS yet, wonder if this ad went out early
EDIT: will update the op as more info comes in.

Where did you read about the free trial?

I'll check out the free trial but I'll wait and see what the library looks like before committing any further, it has a lot of potential though.

Where did you read about the free trial?
posted this in the other game pass thread..
v0eVO7t.png

jelly

Sounds pretty good if the game collection is packed with what you want and the discount for buying games but I think it's only really worth it if the game is already on sale at the time to make use of the discount as the normal prices are so inflated.

As if I didn't have a big enough backlog already. Highly tempted but guess I should save my money, but will probably sign up for a few months to see how it goes. I could in theory play and beat Gears of War for 9.99, for example.

I really hope this catches on and becomes the next big thing for games. I'd love to just spend $10 per month on games rather than buying almost everything. I'd subscribe to something like GameFly but it just doesn't feel right to me. That and they usually pump your priority down after a few months.

Maffew

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-one-game-pass-library-price-games-online-requirements-downloads/

The Netflix like Xbox Game Pass is now live via Early Access for Gold Members, with a general release following June 1 when everyone can get involved.

Starting today Xbox Live Gold members can start a 14-day free trial to try out the service before signing up for $9.99/£7.99 a month. I spoke to Xbox CMO Mike Nichols to find out exactly what you're getting for the money.

As you'd hope with 100 Xbox One and backward compatible Xbox 360 games on offer, there's a lot of options. There's big name stuff like Halo 5, all three Bioshocks, Gears of War 1-3, Gears Ultimate, NBA 2K16, XCOM: Enemy Within, Saints Row IV: Re-Elected, Mad Max, and Payday 2.

More family friendly things include Banjo-Kazooie, LEGO Batman, Terraria and Viva Pinata. And there are more retro things like Mega Man Legacy Collection, Resident Evil 0, Streets of Rage, Perfect Dark Zero and Pac-Man Championship Edition.

Nope, but xbox.com frontpage has the gamepass, play first with xbox gold, but clicking ot takes you to the games pass page tyhats always been there (coming this spring)

Chris1

Nope, but xbox.com frontpage has the gamepass, play first with xbox gold, but clicking ot takes you to the games pass page tyhats always been there (coming this spring)

It's also not in the membership part of the store yet either

Probably 5pm gmt release?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Wow, $10 a month, 14 day trial, they are going to make a killing on this

blakep267

I'm guessing that most of the games on sale this week with the MS Publisher sale will be in game pass when it launches(aside from gears and halo wars). QB, record, dead rising 3 etc. I expect all of them to be there

ffvorax

So it's like Playstation Now, but better because it's not streaming games.

We will see the list, but I would be very happy if I was an Xbox user!

Also the price seems fair.

Good job Microsoft, they could have announced that on E3 stage.

gamz

I'm guessing that most of the games on sale this week with the MS Publisher sale will be in game pass when it launches(aside from gears and halo wars). QB, record, dead rising 3 etc. I expect all of them to be there

Hope so. Never played QB yet.

peppers

Man, it would have been SO easy to release Phantom Dust as part of this program, specially with the free trial. It would have gotten some free marketing at least.

Chris1

You don't think Gears would be there? The ad in the OP says "chainsaw other dudes", I can't imagine MS thought that'd be a good line to put on something advertising a new program if it's going to be like Gears 3. When they could have said something about Halo or something which is newer and bigger.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if even HW2 makes it aswell, not like the sales are lighting the charts on fire anyway. The only thing I can see wrong with HW2 is it might set a precedent to hold off on future MS games like people do with EA Access.

Rocketz

Curious for the full list. Don't know how much I'll use it but it would be good when I'm bored of what I have to grab a month and play something.

You don't think Gears would be there? The ad in the OP says "chainsaw other dudes", I can't imagine MS thought that'd be a good line to put on something advertising a new program if it's going to be like Gears 3. When they could have said something about Halo or something which is newer and bigger.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if even HW2 makes it aswell, not like the sales are lighting the charts on fire anyway. The only thing I can see wrong with HW2 is it might set a precedent to hold off on future MS games like people do with EA Access.
Read the games radar piece they only mentioned gears 1-3 and ultimate

jayvo

Not like Playstation Now at all honestly. More like EA Access.

Chris1

Read the games radar piece they only mentioned gears 1-3 and ultimate

They are only listing games that was advertised/on the program when it was first announced I think. Doesn't sound like MS told them anything.

But I forgot about Gears ultimate, I guess technically it could be that

Not like Playstation Now at all honestly. More like EA Access.

It's too bad it's not more like EA Access, where you'd maybe get a % off new Microsoft Studios titles / DLC or early access or something. Right now it seems just like a backlog of games that are good for people who maybe haven't had an Xbox before but not for people already bought into the ecosystem.

RdN

I don't think it has anything to do with PS Now.

It's more to the mold of EA Access.

Zedox

Man, it would have been SO easy to release Phantom Dust as part of this program, specially with the free trial. It would have gotten some free marketing at least.

Or they could give the game away for free and have the barrier to entry even easier.
...wait a second...

This looks pretty neat especially if they support it. I'd probably jump in if I had a One. Might be the preview of the next gen and a switch to all digital? If you get folks locked into the concept of this subscription service, it could be interesting.

I hope Sony announces something similar soon.

Flux

Will be there for the 14 day trial. Of course I'd like to know the library too. I'd consider subscribing knowing what the flow of new games is like. So far, EA Access and GWG gives me more games than I can keep up with.

For Canadians, the $11.99 price is fair considering it's only 20% higher compared to how we are usually gouged for currency exchange.

Top Bottom