• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 Coming to the West for Nintendo Switch

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This will be a massive bomb on xbox. Most xbox owners would rather play shitty shooters than play good games.

They better support this game if they want more Japanese games on their system. I believe this gen people much more open minded with cartoony/anime artstyle and less obsess over realistic graphics than last gen.

ref

Great news - I played VC1 on PC a long while back and it has become one of my favourite games I've played in many, many years.

Will definitely be getting this.

Just please include Japanese voices with english subtitles

LanceX

Neo Member
This will be a massive bomb on xbox. Most xbox owners would rather play shitty shooters than play good games.

Come on man. Why make posts like this? Other platforms getting games is purely a good thing. I hope it sells enough for them to make profit for the Xbox version

So you're projecting your innermost feelings by labeling dozens of millions of people as "dudebros" while at the same time implying that those same dozens of millions don't play "good games?" Jesus Christ.

Durask

Well, day 1 for me - PS4 I think. I don't really care if it is original or not. Loved VC1 and VC3, more of the same will be more than enough for me, especially with a few new additions (grenadiers, navy artillery support etc).

Would have preferred PC if it were a simultaneous release but doesn't seem to be the case, so PS4 for me.

BJK

After the "reinvention" tanked, I didn't think there was going to be a VC4, much less one that resembles the first game.

(...please no melee units / certificate grinding...)

Rafus

giphy.gif

sublimit

Banned

Hate to break it to you but the original Valkyria was a massive bomb on PS3. Sony owners were way too busy playing their shooters (shitty or not).

Although it's true that Japanese games struggle more on MS's platforms than Sony's it's also true that the tastes of Sony's demographic have changed quite a lot since the PS2 days.

Hellshy.

Hate to break it to you but the original Valkyria was a massive bomb on PS3. Sony owners were way too busy playing their shooters (shitty or not).

Although it's true that Japanese games struggle more on MS's platforms than Sony's it's also true that the tastes of Sony's demographic have changed quite a lot since the PS2 days.

The game shipped 1million copies on ps3. Doesn't sound like a complete bomb for the type of game .

Elfstar

Playstation 4 has plenty of successful mid-budget japanese games.

Dunki

Yes but this here is different. the PS4 has a lot of Japanese Support and the success of recent JRPGs for example Nier proves that there is a big audience for this.

Only hthing I still wonder about why not instantly also support the PC players which helped to sell Valkyria 1 million units on steam. This sounds like a dangerous gamble

Wow...just...wow. Never before have I seen a singular post contain so much ignorance and fanboi venom.

And I'll be picking it up for the XBO:X, as well a few of my dudebro, shitty-shooter lovin' friends. Any third party title I'm picking up for the XBO:X, since it will be the best iteration of it, save for PC.

WolfStark

It bombed in japan, hence the budgets for sequels went down and was only developed for psp.

Effectively killing the series and revenue. The extreme focus on the japanese home market is poison for the business. Glad they seem to have understood and start again globally and multiplatform. The only thing I don't understand is why they ignore the one platform that saved the series in the first place but well, that's Japan.

Basoes

hopefully maybe but prob won't happen if this sells well VC3 on steam?

VC3 was such a good game, a shame we never got it brought over

DonF

same date, nice. I'm thinking about getting on the switch over ps4 for portability, but if the graphical difference is too much, ill go ps4. The original VC is beautiful, I would love to see it on the pro.

VertigoOA

Banned
Someone correct this abomination of a topic title. Especially for those who will play the superior versions on a home console. K thanks

Top Bottom