• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Galchenyuk - dud
Fucale - bust
2nd

...for Duchene?

Oh and you want a prospect too.

This won't get done unless you get serious, Creeper.
I feel like Sakic backed himself into a corner. I think rumours said that Hampus Lindholm was at the table once and good luck getting anything close to that now.

Duchenes value goes down for every day and when the trade happens (it will) the return will be creeper like

Marvie_3

Banned
No way it happens, Godfather has the league wrapped around his finger.
Theyre not going to do anything because they dont want to be seen calling people liars about injuries. Especially with all the concussion lawsuits out there.

Edit: Obviously, the Hossa/Lupul situations are different but it both theyre going to keep players with medical issues off the ice.......which completely contradicts the way they hand out discipline but the NHL gonna NHL.

Well now, this is going to cause a stir...

B2t2UuM.png

https://sports.yahoo.com/sean-avery-savages-john-tortorella-new-book-164531904.html

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Galcheyuk with 3 more points in 15 less games than Duchene last year, and playing half the season off an injury. Yea Duchene was on the worst team, but Galchenyuk isn't just a throw in.

I feel like Sakic backed himself into a corner. I think rumours said that Hampus Lindholm was at the table once and good luck getting anything close to that now.

Duchenes value goes down for every day and when the trade happens (it will) the return will be creeper like
Get out of here with your logic, 19 & 21 would like to have a word with you.

Get out of here with your logic, 19 & 21 would like to have a word with you.

What do you mean Red? Duchene missed training camp before it even started because we already traded him to Montreal for nothing.

Also lol @ basing a diss on "logic" when this is yet again more fucking rumor-based conjecture.
So we gonna trade Jack Johnson for Matt Duchene today or not?
We already traded him to Ottawa and Montreal and he missed training camp and he definitely didn't play for the Avalanche last night.

Red_Man

ah yes the good ol' "if I ignore it, the problem doesn't exist" solution

He's in no position to show up to camp/pre-season with 0 drive
How is not commenting on him, ignoring him? You'd rather he tear into him to the media and then have to listen to these shitty hot takes for two weeks?

imBask

Banned
How is not commenting on him, ignoring him? You'd rather he tear into him to the media and then have to listen to these shitty hot takes for two weeks?

I expect the coach to answer the questions about his now-young-veteran who decided not to show up again, yes

Solo

Sorry creeper and bask, but I have to go with Red here. To quote the immortal Allen Iverson, we talkin' bout practice. It's preseason. Literally the only people busting their asses are fringe NHLers like Hudon who are trying to crack the roster. Otherwise, it's guys getting into shape and trying things out. If Galchenyuk is dogshit when October 5 rolls around fine, we deal with it then and try to trade him. But until then, you're making a mountain out of a molehill, just like the Montreal media. We talkin' bout practice.

Personally I think Galchenyuk is getting traded anyway, regardless of whether he comes out Oct. 5 with a fire under his ass or not. At this point it is abundantly clear that the coach and GM don't like him, and that second line of Galchenyuk-Danault-Gallagher is so comically brutal, it's almost as if it were designed to fail. Which, rest assured, it will. And Galchenyuk will be the odd man out when it does.

Red_Man

I expect the coach to answer the questions about his now-young-veteran who decided not to show up again, yes
So Therrien throws PK under the bus to the media and everyone freaks out, but it's ok for Julien to do that to Galchenyuk? That's awful coaching and never works out.

Solo

A trade around Duchene and Galchenyuk would make a lot of sense. One player is wanting to run out of his current town while the other is going to be chased out. Both need a fresh start and a change of scenery. There would need to be other pieces obviously, but at its core it makes a fair bit of sense.

imBask

Banned
I would usually agree with y'all, like Price never shows up to pre-season and I don't care because I know for a fact that he's going to deliver

Galchenyuk is not Carey Price, I do expect him to show up and try to impress, he's acting like his spot on the top 6 is already in the bag

Red_Man

Probably because it is. He's a five year vet at this point, and will obviously be in that top 6. I've been disappointed in him so far too, but I won't give two shits until the regular season starts and we really see what he's like. He's also playing with Danault who he's played with for a whole 15 minutes last season, and going on Danaults latest comments, I don't imagine that line will be intact much longer.

imBask

Banned
Probably because it is. He's a five year vet at this point, and will obviously be in that top 6. I've been disappointed in him so far too, but I won't give two shits until the regular season starts and we really see what he's like. He's also playing with Danault who he's played with for a whole 15 minutes last season, and going on Danaults latest comments, I don't imagine that line will be intact much longer.

you're super biased in his favor tho, right now he looks like last years late season Galchenyuk and that to me is a 3rd liner at best.

plus you're literally pointing out the problem, he's a five year vet and we still don't know what to expect from him. Are we getting the PPG Galchenyuk or are we getting the garbage-truck-on-fire-deer-in-the-headlight Galchenyuk?

fucking show up to camp like the youngsters, i'd put Hudon on that 2nd line before Galchenyuk because as of right now he seems like he gives a shit

Solo

Pacioretty-Drouin-Galchenyuk

Why is it so hard to see? Put him on the right side with skill players or trade him. Simple as that. One of those 2 options and nothing else.

I cannot think of a worse centre-winger combination on the team than Danault-Galchenyuk with AGally on the left. Woof.

imBask

Banned
Pacioretty-Drouin-Galchenyuk

Why is it so hard to see? Put him on the right side with skill players or trade him. Simple as that. One of those 2 options and nothing else.

I cannot think of a worse centre-winger combination on the team than Danault-Galchenyuk with AGally on the left. Woof.

will Drouin wake October Mode Pacioretty up or will October Mode Pacioretty drag Drouin down?

Solo

will Drouin wake up October Mode Pacioretty or will October Mode Pacioretty drag Drouin down?

I couldn't tell you, but I can tell you that Drouin's leash will be like 10 times longer than Subban's was or AGally's is. The french and english media are eating him up. That awful TSN cringefest comparing him to Richard/Bellieveau/Lafleur......they are bending over backwards to suck him off. TSN had a package after he had that assist on the PP on how he's going to transform the whole PP.....based off one preseason play. I want nothing more than for the kid to be amazing and become our #1C, but this shit is embarrassingly bad. Like deluded Dopey bad.

yyzjohn

Banned
I couldn't tell you, but I can tell you that Drouin's leash will be like 10 times longer than Subban's was or AGally's is. The french and english media are eating him up. That awful TSN cringefest comparing him to Richard/Bellieveau/Lafleur......they are bending over backwards to suck him off. TSN had a package after he had that assist on the PP on how he's going to transform the whole PP.....based off one preseason play. I want nothing more than for the kid to be amazing and become our #1C, but this shit is embarrassingly bad. Like deluded Dopey bad.

There's an army of French language Dopeys in Quebec.

imBask

Banned
I couldn't tell you, but I can tell you that Drouin's leash will be like 10 times longer than Subban's was or AGally's is. The french and english media are eating him up. That awful TSN cringefest comparing him to Richard/Bellieveau/Lafleur......they are bending over backwards to suck him off.

oh friend, just be glad you're not a francophone first.

My habs media experience is ruined. I've been following the Canadiens for like 20 years and I can't remember seeing them go that hard on a player. I wanna believe in him too but yo chill

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
AV says that with Jesper Fast still on track to not return until the end of October it's still entirely possible that both Lias Andersson and Filip Chytil could make the team. There are "2 or 3 other guys" who are also in that mix for the last 2 or 3 forward spots, one of whom is Boo Nieves. I'm guessing the others are Gabriel Fontaine and maybe David Desharnais (if he's including DD in the "has to make the team" category).

Socreges

Banned
gambystairsujsu0.gif

Top Bottom